Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Fenix A320 V2 Block2 features deep dive video

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

It’s evident you don’t know what you are talking about. Funny roaring audio problems no else has mentioned that. You are the exact same in Discord when you typed in it. Carry on anyway.

It may come across as very 'direct', but he does have a point. The landing pitch is off at flaps 3, fuel burn is way off and it can't fly on one engine. These are supposed to be fixed I think in Block 2 so hopefully that's a moot point soon.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I'd love to see more "imperfect and unfinished" addon aircraft like the Fenix!

This. „Finished“ means nothing. All that matters is quality. Better an unfinished Fenix than a finished CaptainSim.

EDIT: Also „Finished“ is an absolute expression that does not reflect reality. Even the PMDG 737 has yet to have a working cockpit door or CPDLC (and I‘ll not start with LNAV again…). It will most likely never be „finished“, just like every other aircraft. So another reason to talk about features and quality overall while comparing, instead of „finished“ or „unfinished“.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

It's funny how the members of my ignore list always pick the Fenix/PMDG threads for their bi-weekly meeting. I can't read half the posts in here! 😂

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

19 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

It may come across as very 'direct', but he does have a point. The landing pitch is off at flaps 3, fuel burn is way off and it can't fly on one engine. These are supposed to be fixed I think in Block 2 so hopefully that's a moot point soon.

I agree. Some very crucial things are broken for many months now... Aamir even acknowledged it in the video.

So i can understand some frustration... Hopefully it will be a thing of the past soon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

21 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

It’s evident you don’t know what you are talking about. Funny roaring audio problems no else has mentioned that. You are the exact same in Discord when you typed in it. Carry on anyway.

Yes, some other users are hearing that roaring\redundant background sound, never heard in a real A320 before. Hoping in better environmental sounds in the next version. As you can see I can discuss this topic without offending anyone. Aamir and Dave don't need these raging and aggressive support.

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, threexgreen said:

Of course but like I said it’s still a finished product. It’s like he wants a perfect product which you will never get. No product is ever perfect and will always have bugs.

46 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Yes, some other users are hearing that roaring\redundant background sound, never heard in a real A320 before. Hoping in better environmental sounds in the next version. As you can see I can discuss this topic without offending anyone. Aamir and Dave don't need these raging and aggressive support.

Ok then. You might be want to curb your expectations. See post above.

If Fenix releise any part of Block 2 prior July 1, 2024 I will delete my account to the delight of many here 😁

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

If Fenix releise any part of Block 2 prior July 1, 2024 I will delete my account to the delight of many here 😁

Might has well do it now since we already have the one block 😂

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Might has well do it now since we already have the one block 😂

He means the upcoming B2 from the video. But he's not going to delete it anyway.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Instead they decided to get rid of old ProSim code and rebuild it. 

Where did you get that info from?

In the actual Fenix preview video, Aamir talks of "adjusting the contractuals with ProSim" [to allow external hardware].

I didn't pick up any suggestion they were ditching the ProSim engine, based on the above?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Something like 95% is rebuilt code from scratch mentioned in Discord. I don’t know what exactly is still Pro Sim code

Yeah he was on about changing the licence so external hardware will work. He can’t go into more detail till it’s signed off.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JYW said:

they were ditching the ProSim engine

From Dave, one of the Fenix developers back in November last year:

Dave: so for us right now, we're probably utilising only about 20% of the originally licensed code, and stuff like FBW, autoflight, VNAV/LNAV, displays, ELEC, HYD, pneumatics etc are anywhere from largely, to entirely replaced with our own code

Marty Van Damme: Just out of curiosity, would you ever work towards getting the last 20% ProSim code replaced with your own?

Dave: for the sake of it? not really, we've licensed it for a reason. If we find something that needs fixing? same as our own code, we'd go in and fix/change it. But ultimately, we treat all the code included, licensed or otherwise, as our own. We can do what we see fit with it, modify, change, add, remove etc

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/976922620668805140/1169694677902037012

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just to say that I am holding back on acquiring the Fenix A320 until the Block 2 is published as the aircraft I fly for my virtual airlines uses the IAE engines.

Having said that the video is amazing and we are so fortunate to have developers like Fenix who go the extra mile for us.

I can wait for it to be published as it will take as long as it takes to produce this fantastic add-on..

Edited by Peterwk