Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Fenix A320 V2 Block2 features deep dive video

2 hours ago, Vitold69 said:

If Fenix releise any part of Block 2 prior July 1, 2024 I will delete my account to the delight of many here 😁

All the best then Vitold!   It will come before the end of February I think.  :smile:

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

41 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

All the best then Vitold!   It will come before the end of February I think.  :smile:

I dont know... that 47min long video makes me suspicious... 😁

I hope i am wrong though... 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

12 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I dont know... that 47min long video makes me suspicious... 😁

I hope i am wrong though... 

Well...  Rob's logic...   If they are prepared to show a video that long, and it is all working well in the video, it must be near!   :biggrin:

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Lol so you selectively pick on dirt accumulation, chipping paint, passenger seats and hold those up as differentiating factors for those who want the Fenix?? Right ok then 🤣... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those of us who've used both FSL, P3D, Fenix, MSFS prefer the Fenix+MSFS combo because: a) well it's MSFS, b) Fenix V1 already was a very compelling in-depth simulation of the A320 ceo, and now with V2 Block 2 as articulated in this deep dive video just takes it to unprecedented levels that's going to make Fenix V2 + MSFS a far superior combo.

You've pretty much proven my point with your comments.  In a). you imply that MSFS is implicitly better, which is only true if you weight visual "prettiness" or the ability to "play" a video game on Xbox above virtually everything else.  There is no aspect in which MSFS is better than its peers with the sole exception of visual accuracy and detail and video game console support (Xbox).  So if having Fenix in MSFS is what you prefer, then it is obviously because that is what matters most to you.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Good visuals are certainly more "fun" and more immersive.  I get it.  But for people that prefer a more realistic flight experience using home cockpits, multiple monitors, weather, etc., Fenix + MSFS is hardly "far superior".  When Fenix + MSFS is actually better in important areas besides just visuals, I'll be there.  I'm sure it will get there eventually, because the amount of development effort and funding going into MSFS and its add-ons means that day will likely come.

2 minutes ago, kholt said:

f you weight visual "prettiness" or the ability to "play" a video game on Xbox above virtually everything else.

MSFS is more than just visuals.

19 minutes ago, kholt said:

You've pretty much proven my point with your comments.  In a). you imply that MSFS is implicitly better, which is only true if you weight visual "prettiness" or the ability to "play" a video game on Xbox above virtually everything else.  There is no aspect in which MSFS is better than its peers with the sole exception of visual accuracy and detail and video game console support (Xbox).  So if having Fenix in MSFS is what you prefer, then it is obviously because that is what matters most to you.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Good visuals are certainly more "fun" and more immersive.  I get it.  But for people that prefer a more realistic flight experience using home cockpits, multiple monitors, weather, etc., Fenix + MSFS is hardly "far superior".  When Fenix + MSFS is actually better in important areas besides just visuals, I'll be there.  I'm sure it will get there eventually, because the amount of development effort and funding going into MSFS and its add-ons means that day will likely come.

Sorry but no.. Preferring MSFS over P3D does not mean it's because of visuals only (for example the on-rails feeling of flight in P3D makes it inferior to me since it is the FSX FDE after all.. and various more reasons I won't go into here since the mods don't like sim vs sim discussions), and in any case that's besides the point. The Fenix as it stands is still a very competent and in-depth aircraft simulation, and V2 Block 2 appears to be far superior to anything else out there including the FSL A320 I used to have on P3D (and I'm talking about various aspects of the aircraft like engine simulation, systems depth, FM, EFB, etc etc *and* of course visual fidelity).

If you want to pick on the particular topic of multiple displays/monitor support as a main point and then say because of that P3D + FSL is better then sure (for those where that is a must-have) .. but when you try to cast those choosing the Fenix as doing so because of dirt accumulation or passenger seats, then it's kind of hard to take you seriously 🤷‍♂️. I realize it's a go-to talking point, but trying to cast the differentiating factors and advantages of MSFS, Fenix, etc as visuals only falls flat in the face of reality and facts, as MSFS and its high fidelity add-ons in their current incarnations clearly show.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Sorry but no.. Preferring MSFS over P3D does not mean it's because of visuals only (for example the on-rails feeling of flight in P3D makes it inferior to me since it is the FSX FDE after all.. and various more reasons I won't go into here since the mods don't like sim vs sim discussions), and in any case that's besides the point. The Fenix as it stands is still a very competent and in-depth aircraft simulation, and V2 Block 2 appears to be far superior to anything else out there including the FSL A320 I used to have on P3D (and I'm talking about various aspects of the aircraft like engine simulation, systems depth, FM, EFB, etc etc).

If you want to pick on the particular topic of multiple displays/monitor support as a main point and then say because of that P3D + FSL is better then sure (for those where that is a must-have) .. but when you try to cast those choosing the Fenix as doing so because of dirt accumulation or passenger seats, then it's kind of hard to take you seriously 🤷‍♂️. I realize it's a go-to talking point, but trying to cast the differentiating factors and advantages of MSFS, Fenix, etc as visuals only falls flat in the face of reality and facts, as MSFS and its high fidelity add-ons stand today.

Hard agree overall, though I do have to say I find the conclusion that Block 2 is so much better than the FSL Airbus to be premature if not questionable. I wonder how many people actually have the technical knowledge in terms of aircraft systems as well as the experience on both the Fenix and FSL (whereby block 2 even only exists to us in the form of a video so far) that they can say with so much certainty that Fenix block 2 is going to make FSL pale in comparison. Personally, I've flown both the FSL and Fenix Block 1 but I'm far from knowledgeable enough to know which one ultimately does more magic under the hood, beyond what a pilot even sees. And for many systems the Fenix has that the FSL doesn't have, I'm sure the FSL Airbus has many that the Fenix doesn't have.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

Hard agree overall, though I do have to say I find the conclusion that Block 2 is so much better than the FSL Airbus to be premature if not questionable. I wonder how many people actually have the technical knowledge in terms of aircraft systems as well as the experience on both the Fenix and FSL (whereby block 2 even only exists to us in the form of a video so far) that they can say with so much certainty that Fenix block 2 is going to make FSL pale in comparison. Personally, I've flown both the FSL and Fenix Block 1 but I'm far from knowledgeable enough to know which one ultimately does more magic under the hood, beyond what a pilot even sees. And for many systems the Fenix has that the FSL doesn't have, I'm sure the FSL Airbus has many that the Fenix doesn't have.

Fair enough, and I'm going by my memory of the FSL and then going by the video shown by Aamir of course. All the engine simulation stuff shown is definitely higher fidelity than the FSL at least to me, the EFB also, and flight dynamics wise I'm going by FSL in P3D vs Fenix in MSFS (an FSL in MSFS could be equal/better). And all that combined with the visual superiority of the Fenix is what makes me say that.. of course the proof will be in the pudding once Block 2 is out. V1-Simulations too is already saying the Fenix will be the best A320 sim period given its depth of simulation shown in the video, and notably he's also used FSL and other birds extensively before. In any case like I said before, at least for me, not going to be in the least bit compelled to get the FSL A320 for MSFS if/when they release it while I have this Fenix Block 2 or a future update of it in hand.. FSL would be far better off to release the Concorde, A330 and/or non-A320 as their first bird(s) for MSFS 🙂 

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Fair enough, and I'm going by my memory of the FSL and then going by the video shown by Aamir of course. All the engine simulation stuff shown is definitely higher fidelity than the FSL at least to me, the EFB also, and flight dynamics wise I'm going by FSL in P3D vs Fenix in MSFS (an FSL in MSFS could be equal/better). And all that combined with the visual superiority of the Fenix is what makes me say that.. of course the proof will be in the pudding once Block 2 is out. V1-Simulations too is already saying the Fenix will be the best A320 sim period given its depth of simulation shown in the video, and notably he's also used FSL and other birds extensively before. In any case like I said before, at least for me, not going to be in the least bit compelled to get the FSL A320 for MSFS if/when they release it while I have this Fenix Block 2 or a future update of it in hand.. FSL would be far better off to release the Concorde, A330 and/or non-A320 as their first bird(s) for MSFS 🙂 

I haven't watched V1's video and only your summary, but I wonder how much of what he said was an actual comparison and how much was just due to excitement.

I certainly won't be buying an FSL A320 for MSFS either since Fenix came first. A NEO is a different story, though I personally would prefer to have both from the same developer because there will always be nuances that differ in how different developers simulate the same things. The same aircraft (more or less the same when it comes to CEO vs. NEO) from different developers would probably feel the same, but different, but still the same... but different. Bit weird.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

You are comparing something that doesn't exist (Fenix V2), against a personal recollection of something in the past that has by now been superseded with newer versions (FSLabs in P3D) and which also doesn't exist yet in MSFS.  Hard to take your evaluation seriously with all your hypotheticals about what may or may not exist in the future, much less the present.  Outlandish statements like "far superior" without evidence or qualification regarding an unknown future smack of intellectual  immaturity.

18 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

I haven't watched V1's video and only your summary, but I wonder how much of what he said was an actual comparison and how much was just due to excitement.

He compares to IRL a lot. If anything he likes how the Fenix flies still obviously has said things need working on. But for him to compare it to the 320 he flies most days and says its not much difference compared to another person. When Block 1 came out and he did a deep dive he really enjoyed it and felt the landing was spot on from his experience. The other person was not sure then again he was comparing it to a heavy aircraft. 🤣In V1's words he would compare the A321 along with the 330 not the 320 with the way it handles.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kholt said:

You are comparing something that doesn't exist (Fenix V2), against a personal recollection of something in the past that has by now been superseded with newer versions (FSLabs in P3D) and which also doesn't exist yet in MSFS.  Hard to take your evaluation seriously with all your hypotheticals about what may or may not exist in the future, much less the present.  Outlandish statements like "far superior" without evidence or qualification regarding an unknown future smack of intellectual  immaturity.

Of course I'm comparing something that doesn't exist yet.. but the video is not some high level summary, it is showing in-depth working stuff with a lot of commentary by Aamir.. so yes, based  on *that*, I feel (like others, including IRL pilots) that the Fenix V2 as a total package will be far superior to what I remember when I used to fly the FSL in P3D.. it's an opinion. An opinion that could change obviously after I have the Block 2 in hand. If that opinion makes you take me less seriously, then sure go ahead 🙂 ... but all of this discussion started with your nonsense about those choosing the Fenix only doing so for trivial visual stuff like dirt accumulation and passenger seats, and then those choosing MSFS only doing so for visuals, etc etc (that definitely smacks of intellectual immaturity, an ignorance that is willful or otherwise, and/or is a pathetic attempt to push the usual narratives that fall flat on their faces). Clearly we disagree, let's move on.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len

12 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

let's move on

Please, let's.

The Sim vs. Sim argument merry-go-round is tedious when there are so many better things to discuss.

Namely:

outermarker: A question for the art team: since there will be some kind of dynamic dirt on the engines, is there any chance that something similar could come for the windshield? It's currently very pristine, so some splattered bugs and grimes, possibly even dynamic, would really enhance the immersion IMO.

Dave: look closely at the video and you may see the improvements to the windscreen in that respect 😉

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, kholt said:

When I fly in real life, I enjoy looking out the windscreen and seeing something that looks real. That is not what I see in the two decades or more, old technology scenery, that the other sims produce. That is why I truly enjoy flying in MSFS. 

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, kholt said:

I find it hard to take anyone seriously that flies P3D today, and I flew it for years before I finally ditched it. Best move I ever made. 😏

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310