Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

12 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The item you're referring to is this one in the changelog and is in the beta:

We were not involved in any other AI traffic changes so I can't really comment.

Yes thanks Matt sorry just reread the patch notes and as you say it was under Planes General, I was expecting to see it under Navigation/Traffic section 😁 All good now 😁

Wow great FPS... very smooth, even with the FENIX. Even without adaptative LOD and with TAA render scaling at 120.

My RTX2070 has suddenly increased its expected lifespan by several years, I think. Thanks to Seb and the whole team. 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Woohoo! For those of you good souls testing the beta, please provide any and all feedback on ground handling with the C172 🙂 TIA

So yhh the gear now have some inertia effect to them and pretty much not skidding like on ice as before, especially at lower speeds. I think we are on the right direction here.

• Like 7

Roi Ben

This one will be a nice fix...I haven't been able to use the AI Radios function for a very long time and have had to work the radios while also being the pilot flying (woe is me 🙂 )

"Resolved an issue where users were experiencing a loss of audio for ATC instructions and other aircraft communications, while the AI copilot continued to respond."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What about the nosewheel "skidding" during turns on the ground. That is something that needs to be sorted out, even if it is forced.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Best performance ever! I see no degradation at all in graphics quality. Objects at a distance look sharper than ever. Download speed was slow but without errors or restarts. I haven't yet checked ground handling. 

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

OK, IN my case this is a performance update and smoothnes update.

7900X3D

4090 RTX

32GB RAM 6000MHZ

BUT Varjo Aero with 37PPD and TLOD 350!!! at EDDF I never managed to fly with decent FPS at THAT TLOD ranges., now I get 45 to 50 FPS at ground without stuttering. This is remarkable.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

33 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Best performance ever! I see no degradation at all in graphics quality.

I was just going to say it. and that is in VR! not scientifically benchmarked yet, but the smoothest ever. and that's in 4K in 2D and in VR. no dynamic LOD tools, not even 4090 frame generation etc. stutters, what was that again? unbelievable. no time for playing DUNE now, back to serious-hard core-study level-RNAV-VNAV-LPV and what have you. enjoying MSFS all anew. as if somehow they have greased and removed any surplus hidden weight from the simulator, can't describe it any better. must be the frame times 🤣.... Capt'Piett to the rescue!

p.s.

only problem I had with the analog stock C172: couldn't activate the avionics. I heard the radio, but all avionics remained dark. the C152 does work though. after temporarily clearing/renaming the complete COMMUNITY folder everything does work again. so I assume some new incompatibility with some non SU15-beta compatible add-on. will have to search through all aircraft addons now, 1 by 1.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 6

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Wonder if we even need MSFS 2024 anymore 😁

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

15 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

if we even need MSFS 2024 anymore

true, at least not in the performance department. only scenery/graphics etc. and lets not forget the millions of added pebbles coming in MSFS2024 😃

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

This is very interesting, tempted to give it a try. Even though I’m happy with the performance right now, there’s always that holy grail lurking in the distance. What David says about objects in the distance is also intriguing. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Even though I’m happy with the performance right now,

I wouldn't be after installing this beta. it is just incredibly smooth.

very nice.

12 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I wouldn't be after installing this beta. it is just incredibly smooth.

installing it now 🙂

Last beta I was in was SU11. I seem to remember opting in to the beta in the Xbox app. Whereas now I saw there was an update in the Xbox app, clicked on it, and on sim startup I was on beta version (1.37.2.0) and promted to download roughly 2.7Gb. 

What I can't wrap my head around is that there was no explicit info saying the update is a beta...

EDIT: Sorry about the confusion guys. It's due to my 1yr sim-absence (or me getting 1yr older...). Apparently I was still "enrolled" in MSFS betas via the Xbox insider app. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”