Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

PMDG's "not-yet-announced" project

Adding a cup in the cockpit which is mind blowing and needs full essay of how awesome this cup is

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Well, you're in luck! 

Just get the 737-700, choose the BBJ and you're off on your next >6,000 mi flight! 😉

Not quite as fast, of course, but you'd have to step up to the Falcon 10 to get longer range.

Just kidding (sorta). It'd be great to have a really fast biz jet with long legs. 🙂

I already own the boring business jet (yes that was on purpose Lol).

Need a real sexy corporate falcon or something 

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

51 minutes ago, Mace said:

Is GFO even a "thing" anymore?  It seems like it's been forever since they announced that.

Yes when they can make it compatible with all their MSFS products.

36 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Adding a cup in the cockpit which is mind blowing and needs full essay of how awesome this cup is

“the team visited several Starbucks in the greater metropolitan area to laser scan the cups whilst Mathijs and the lovely Dr. Randazzo waited outside in the bus with the engine running in case their management called the cops on us. Whilst I write this Leonardo and Jean-Paul in the art department are working on what I’m sure you’ll agree will be some of the finest cups ever seen in flight simulation….”

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 7

PMDG 737-300, 400 and 500 would be sweet. So would a 757/767

• Like 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

My guess is its CPDLC.  PMDG hinted a few times in their forums they were looking at a new solution or something.

This is from the Synaptics Discord updated FAQs from yesterday or the day before regarding the A220:

"Will there be Hoppie integration?
We are not planning to support Hoppie. One of our developers is working with the major networks and aircraft developers to create a new CPDLC standard which we will be implementing instead."

It wouldn't make any sense to announce a new aircraft given they still have light years to go on their current product line.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

16 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

My guess is its CPDLC.  PMDG hinted a few times in their forums they were looking at a new solution or something.
It wouldn't make any sense to announce a new aircraft given they still have light years to go on their current product line.

This appears to be a full-on separate project.. CPDLC support is just not big enough to warrant this kind of teasing and reveals/demos I think.

And they also talked about a research trip related for this, billing it as their "next new product line", and Mathijs hinted to focus on the "line" part. So it's definitely a new aircraft series or something non-aircraft altogether. And we know now it's ready to demo by June and they were actually thinking about showing it at the March FSWeekend event but decided to wait till FSExpo in June instead.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/281875-27jan24-we-have-been-busy-and-travelling-but-we-are-hard-at-work?p=282034#post282034
"It's not a new product but a product LINE. As Rob told us a while back, PMDG has expanded and is now able to handle multiple projects at the same time."

They certainly have multiple things on the go now, but they also have an expanded team so definitely are able to work on new things while also working on bringing the 777 (well into beta now) and 747 to MSFS.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

It's A350. Kok hooked them up with the access to the equipment and data down in Europe. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

16 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

This appears to be a full-on separate project.. CPDLC support is just not big enough to warrant this kind of teasing and reveals/demos I think.

And they also talked about a research trip related for this, billing it as their "next new product line", and Mathijs hinted to focus on the "line" part. So it's definitely a new aircraft series or something non-aircraft altogether. And we know now it's ready to demo by June and they were actually thinking about showing it at the March FSWeekend event but decided to wait till FSExpo in June instead.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/281875-27jan24-we-have-been-busy-and-travelling-but-we-are-hard-at-work?p=282034#post282034
"It's not a new product but a product LINE. As Rob told us a while back, PMDG has expanded and is now able to handle multiple projects at the same time."

They certainly have multiple things on the go now, but they also have an expanded team so definitely are able to work on new things while also working on bringing the 777 (well into beta now) and 747 to MSFS.

Remember last time at EXPO?  We all thought it was going to be a plane and they announced GFO...ROFL.  I don't think they have that many new people to accommodate 4 airplanes at once.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

They're making their own flight simulator lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

787 please!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

42 minutes ago, Krakin said:

They're making their own flight simulator lol

Can only imagine if that happened not many people would buy due to the attitude they have along with the forum members who think they are mods.

Edited by carlanthony24

I hope for a business jet.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |