Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Is there any trick to achieve smooth-looking displays? I am using 4K resolution, TAA, and ~60 zoom level in FSRealistic. This what it looks like, not very satisfactory:

7VdDf99.png

When I zoom in, it's perfectly alright.

Other than that, I am very impressed.

Guys, I cannot get my Simbrief flightplan to import into the Fenix. It worked perfectly in Block 1. I have input my Simbrief name into the EFB, I have updated the Navigraph data in the Navigraph hub, I have rebooted my sim and MSFS a few times now. I keep getting the message that no Simbrief flightplan was found for my username

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

3 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

I have input my Simbrief name into the EFB,

I think you need to put it in the MCDU under configuration > Datalink.

Plane looks great I'll wait for the A321 I like flying the bigger birds personally on mid to long routes.

11 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

I think you need to put it in the MCDU under configuration > Datalink.

It is already entered in that section, presumably after entering it into the EFB

EDIT: Okay, figured it out. My Simbried username was one character off. Doh!

Edited by sniper31
Fixed

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

12 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Is there any trick to achieve smooth-looking displays? I am using 4K resolution, TAA, and ~60 zoom level in FSRealistic. This what it looks like, not very satisfactory:

Do you mean sharper/clearer displays? With 4K TAA they should be sufficiently easy to read. In fact I found the level of detail better than B1. Perhaps try to increase render scale.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Do you mean sharper/clearer displays? With 4K TAA they should be sufficiently easy to read. In fact I found the level of detail better than B1. Perhaps try to increase render scale.

Yes, exactly, less 'jagged' so to speak. I shall try that.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Did you configure GSX and the EFB as per the instructions? Then do this:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/gsx-integration

Thanks. I guess I just missed that page.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

14 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Guys, I cannot get my Simbrief flightplan to import into the Fenix. It worked perfectly in Block 1. I have input my Simbrief name into the EFB, I have updated the Navigraph data in the Navigraph hub, I have rebooted my sim and MSFS a few times now. I keep getting the message that no Simbrief flightplan was found for my username

Strange since it works here. I have no navigraph though. Did you follow this advise from their discord:

**When updating your Navigraph Navdata, ensure your Fenix application is closed BEFORE updating.**

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

29 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

About the only thing I noticed is the fuel burn seemed to be a tad low but not sure?  I am not real familiar with the A320 but at FL320 cruising at Mach .78 I was seeing about 2500 lbs per engine.

What was your weight and ISA deviation?

I'm going off the tables here:

https://www.air-septimanie.com/pdf/technical/A320/en/A320PERFORMANCE.pdf

Based on those, at FL 320 and ISA, a Mach. 78 cruise gives a fuel flow of 5,100 pounds per hour (both engines) at 120,000 lbs. That's relatively light - but maybe you were doing a short sector and weren't fully loaded?

Getting the fuel consumption right was a big focus of the external engine model, so I would expect they have done extensive validation on this.

So much has already been said, I could add no more.  It’s really as good as everyone is implying and I am really having a blast flying it.

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Strange since it works here. I have no navigraph though. Did you follow this advise from their discord:

**When updating your Navigraph Navdata, ensure your Fenix application is closed BEFORE updating.**

Got it sorted, thanks.

5 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Got it sorted, thanks.

How? User error?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyone notice that the ILS indicators on the PFD are not bright and filled in when you are on short final. The LOC and GS    indicators  are dark and empty, like just the outline of them, not filled in. .

I would think that by now someone has done an ILS approach. Has anyone seen this issue. ?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

...ba!

All the elation, as this is my favorite jetliner at the moment, but on my first flight after updating, from KDEN to KLGA, 30-mins to TOD, and while the scenery outside the plane looked like we were moving, the whole panel was frozen, nothing was updating like the clock. 😞

I will stick to shorter flights for now. 😞

*** EDIT ***

...just before the panel freeze, I was exorcising the Panel Display options in the external app, so perhaps that had something to do with it. 😞

I just now completed an *EPIC* KPDX to KSFO to a flawless landing, so perhaps don't play too hard with the Panel Display options while in-flight! 🙂

Edited by rogerlimakilo
...new information has come to light...