Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

Let's hope that texture-wise it's a step up from the low-rez jpeg textures of the 737.

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

So this could be the best 777 add-on for a flight sim once it's released?

Considering the only other good one was PMDG’s, for P3D, then yes.

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Can’t wait for this plane but not having RAAS modeled is a disappointment. 😕

How good/bad is the fs2crew RAAS Addon?

Looks like the 300ER version will be the first release, that’s nice.

i hope it will have the same save states function as the 737.

Edited by Merawen

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Can’t wait for this plane but not having RAAS modeled is a disappointment. 😕

As an alternative, FS2Crew has RAAS modelled as a separate add-on. Find it highly configurable and easy to use.

Bought it during a sale event and use it on every single fixed wing flight. It's my most cost effective and used purchase in MSFS after the sim itself!

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

Hopefully 744 is still coming. 

Oh its coming but in what year and what new sim drops who knows. They have plenty of time with no real competition.

B-O-R-I-N-G.

Oh wow, a 777. Been using it since FSX, that was August 2013. 

Years passing by, but the only thing PMDG does is selling the same planes over and over again, while also trying to make it appears as gamebreaking..

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Let's hope that texture-wise it's a step up from the low-rez jpeg textures of the 737.

Come on they're not "that bad" but compared to other High Fidelity addons? Maybe? If PMDG release the 300-ER first not much chance they will sell the -200LR much after that.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

B-O-R-I-N-G.

Oh wow, a 777. Been using it since FSX, that was August 2013. 

Years passing by, but the only thing PMDG does is selling the same planes over and over again, while also trying to make it appears as gamebreaking..

Aircraft developer makes aircraft for sim shocker. More news tonight at ten!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Honestly, I've never come across such a bunch of whingers as much as I have on here. I struggle to comprehend why any of them actually use the sim given their horrific attitudes. Go back to Sonic the Hedgehog if videos or PMDG offend you this much.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 10

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

8 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

They are holding release for proper RF legs. (most likely, small chance it slips to the -F)

This was the big one imho. 

It’s still suitably vague for wriggle room but great to see him acknowledge that it’s an important and missing aspect of their aircraft and has been for 10 years. 

Really hope this gets improved and added to the 777 and rolled back into the 73 

• Upvote 1

300ER, boring but hey, at least it's the first real good long-hauler out.

Might skip it anyway as i know i won't touch it once my favorites are out: MD-11, 767...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

16 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Aircraft developer makes aircraft for sim shocker. More news tonight at ten!

I think the point is they’re not really innovating just releasing the (exact) same aircraft on each platform and their aircraft are now behind what other devs are doing especially with things like lnav. 

The Q and A gave cautious cause for optimism though that they might be raising their bar a bit with the 777 though. 

• Like 4

Can’t help the feeling we’ve seen it all before, since 2013 in fact, as alluded to in an earlier post. The lack of real innovation will hurt at some point. 

That all said, it’ll be a typical solid and dependable PMDG release and we know exactly what we’re getting. It will get the job done and do it well. I’ll buy it, as will everyone else. 

But in the longer term, is just enough really going to be enough? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The mentality here blows my mind.... How much has the 777 changed in real life since 2013?  Is Boeing boring because they keep producing the same plane?  

Let's see, Boeing still produces the 737, 767, 777 and 787 correct?  And people are whining about PMDG because of repetition?  

Basically the ONLY place PMDG could introduce something NET NEW is the Max or a 787 and the Max is coming.... I don't see them going "back" to a 767 

Not a lot of options when you apply logic and context around Boeing's current fleet are there?  Wow, crazy how that worked out when you look at the facts.  

So please explain how the release of the first 777 followed by the Max adding to the current 737 fleet in MSFS is boring to me again?  That only leaves the 767 and 787 PMDG hasn't brought us...   🤯

Edited by psolk
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg