Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It has been stated on the first post in the summary of the video that the prices will be similar to the existing of the 737 series, which are around 80 bucks incl taxes.

1) I have the -700 and -800 and i never paid 80 bucks for them and thats not the price for them on PMDG's website either

2) What your admitting to me is that no one (except Randazzo) knows what the ACTUAL price is and until the price is known .. the rest is speculation. 

Regardless. When the actual price is set you're going to have to make that cost / benefit proposition and decide for yourself.  For me ill never touch leonardo's maddog for the price they want for it but i think the pricing for the 737 line was fair .. I have no use for the 900 or the 600 and didn't have to "pay" for them. I paid for what benefits me in the value proposition. You're going to have to make that choice.

Edited by Maxis
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

1) I have the -700 and -800 and i never paid 80 bucks for them and thats not the price for them on PMDG's website either

2) what your admitting to me is that no one knows what the ACTUAL price is and until the price is known .. the rest is speculation. 

Regardless. When the actual price is set youre going to have to make that cost / benefit proposition and decide for yourself.  For me ill never touch leonardo's maddog for the price they want for it but i think the pricing for the 737 line was fair .. I have no use for the 900 or the 600 and didn't have to "pay" for them. I paid for what benefits me in the value proposition. You're going to have to make that choice.

At my place I have to pay 1/5th of the price for taxes, so it‘s around 82 bucks.

i love flying Boeing but that‘s little expensive only for one variant, I haven‘t bought them. I hope the 777 will be cheaper in the Fenix Range.

i like pmdg but they don‘t offer sales which is a pitty.

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

If I had to wager a guess that would be the -200LR since it's the least used variant in the real world, kinda like the -600.

That would suit me just fine.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

At my place I have to pay 1/5th of the price for taxes, so it‘s around 82 bucks.

i love flying Boeing but that‘s little expensive only for one variant, I haven‘t bought them. I hope the 777 will be cheaper in the Fenix Range.

i like pmdg but they don‘t offer sales which is a pitty.

I understand where you are coming from .. but not everyone's business model is similar to Fenix. There are costs involved and yes profits to be made (its a business after all). This hobby can get expensive fast which is why i prefer to buy the items i want/need instead of being forced to buy an entire bundle and have stuff taking up space on my drive that i will never use.

Also .. unless the pmdg store shows different things for different locations there is literally a sale (albeit not much of a discount) right now as we speak on their website plus you have the option to purchase the lesser in demand product for a much lower price as a way to experience what their products are about.

Hoping things work out for you.

Cheers and Happy Flying.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

If I had to wager a guess that would be the -200LR since it's the least used variant in the real world, kinda like the -600.

In that case, it would mean that the 200LRF will be released in a different package and not combined with the 200LR like it was with P3D.

But anyway, if a variant might be discounted, I agree that it will probably be the 200LR. Doesn't make sense to discount the 200LRF or the 200ER.

Posted (edited)

It will be interesting to see the prices for the 777 variants when compared to the 737. PMDG are only going to be able to match the number of options in a single 777 package with engine variations on the -200ER. The -300ER may well be the most popular variant, but it is only a single aircraft (unless there are multiple thrust options for the GE90). Will there be an option to purchase the -200LR and F in the same package, and maybe the LR as a standalone (cheaper)? It would be great if the F was also sold separately, as that is the one that I would really want.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, thepilot said:

I hope it's just the video/post editing, but these cockpit texture look underwhelming... also compared to the NG3. Great that the MAX is finally on the horizon, though.

I agree.
The external textures are not great either. Metal looks plastic, rivets etc. look very little detailed. I hope this is just a result of a bad bump map, but they should revise the specular map as well. 
I hope it's not being dumbed down texture wise to fit Xbox limitations. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

16 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

All four 777 variants (-300ER, -200ER, -F, -200LR) will be separate variants/purchases

I hate this pricing strategy.

Could be around 70$ for the -300ER and the same for the -F. 140$ minimum for me... 😕

Also the 737-700, had pax, cargo and VIP, what the -300ER will include for such a price since there is only one engine type used?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bendead said:

Could be around 70$ for the -300ER and the same for the -F. 140$ minimum for me... 😕

Also the 737-700, had pax, cargo and VIP, what the -300ER will include for such a price since there is only one engine type used?

Quite agree, much preferred the way they did it before.

I'll wait to see the prices, but odds on I'll just get the -F .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if PMDG will have all the problems with the Max that Boeing is having? 😏

Surprising he said they were having data issues with it. For all we know hes telling us this and is not prepared to release with the current on going problems which stopped them releasing it before. Interesting he also said at one point it could of released before the Triple.

16 minutes ago, bendead said:

Agree. I despise the pricing strategy that PMDG have adopted in MSFS.

I've owned every version of every one of their planes, in every sim they've released them for.   In MSFS I only own the 737-700 because I will not pay £58 (marketplace price) for what is effectively just an additional external model to the -700.   I can afford it.  But it's just extortion. 

Ok, negativity reserved only for pricing.

As for the 777, I don't have any major gripes about the forthcoming 777.   I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of what we've seen.  The fanfare and drama was a bit OTT, for what was then a bit of an underwhelming "reveal", but that is just PMDG and Mr R. 😄

Bring it on.   I'll be a Day 1.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

8 hours ago, El Diablito said:

Aircraft developer makes aircraft for sim shocker. More news tonight at ten!

I don't think you understood what i was saying, there are other interesting aircrafts out there and i'll rather wait for them than pay for the third time for the same plane.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I'm pretty sure that if you don't like PMDG and/or the 777, the cost will be zero.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, rjquick said:

I'm pretty sure that if you don't like PMDG and/or the 777, the cost will be zero.

I'm pretty sure even if you don't like the cost will be what ever they put it has since people want a decent long hauler.

With respect to the pricing strategy for the 737, I had to purchase the 800/900 base package for P3D, and then the 600/700 addon to get the version (-600) that I wanted. This time, I paid £30 for the -600 standalone option. Some you win, some you lose :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png