Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

Some of the important questions asked in the chat to Randazzo about the 777...

"Do the wipers work??"

"Does it feel heavy?"

"WHEN DO WE GET THE 747????"

"Will we have wing views?"

It must be really difficult dealing with the community at times.

• Like 9

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

2 hours ago, g-liner said:

I think the point is they’re not really innovating just releasing the (exact) same aircraft on each platform and their aircraft are now behind what other devs are doing especially with things like lnav. 

The Q and A gave cautious cause for optimism though that they might be raising their bar a bit with the 777 though. 

If MSFS didn't come out it would be interesting to know what PMDG would have released then. But because MSFS did come out, they do kinda need to also bring their current range over to the platform for us to all enjoy.

• Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, micstatic said:

Hopefully 744 is still coming. 

It is. But if I were them I would release the -F and the 748 first.

As for people complaining that PMDG produce the same planes all over again: What did you expect?

They have a very close relationship with Boeing, they produce high level fidelity versions of those aircraft, that are study level and down to minute detail work exactly as the real counterpart.

That level of detail requires expertise. And they have built that expertise on exactly those models. Any new aircraft they have never done before, they would need to learn the ins and outs of the mechanical workings first. With the ones they did, they already have people on board who know how everything works on them. 

That's a huge advantage when building the same aircraft for the next sim.

And it's not like there are many options left when the target market is in it for current airframes in active passenger or freight service and your goal is to build aircraft that you can use with the original FCOM dowt to a T.

Those FCOM's need to be available to them.

So in the Boeing Family only the Dreamliner is left, all other airframes have been retired and are no longer being built. 747 through 767 are all being transfered to freight operations, so the market to sell them in the sim is diminishing.

What is left outside of Boeing? 

Airbus A319-321 has been done and is being done in both CEO and NEO variants.

Leaves the A330 (I doubt the Aerosoft one will be any good), the A350, A380 and the A220, all of which are currently in development by others to varying degrees of fidelity.

And then Embraer with the 190 and 195 being flown the most and are in most dire need of a proper representation.

That's it for the commercial jet market. 

There is not that much to choose from.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It is. But if I were them I would release the -F and the 748 first.

Yeah I agree.  More commercially viable.  Something about the 748 is boring to me when compared to the 744.  The cockpit more vanilla.  The engines not as exciting.  But that's me

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

37 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

That is something that in recent years has become even more so, as expectations exceed reality.
At one time of day, most feedback was asking how to make things work.
These days, it is mostly how whatever new product is not good enough, often based on a niche
obsession held by a tiny minority.
Sometimes, a tiny minority of only one.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

If MSFS didn't come out it would be interesting to know what PMDG would have released then. But because MSFS did come out, they do kinda need to also bring their current range over to the platform for us to all enjoy.

In this interview he basically confirms the 757/767 would have been next for P3D.

After reading all the comments here...some are right on point, some are off a bit but still relevent, then there are the rest  🤔 

For those, I always like to fallback to humor to cope with their kind, which sadly is what we all have to do these days when they get going on their tirades .  Funny thing is that they'll be the 1st ones in line to buy the next plane, then they'll hardly get it installed when they come back here to complain about it.  Here is a scene I keep thinking of when I read some of their posts:

Very funny movie and fits the state of this community these days for a few who's main hobby is complaining, not simming.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

A comment on FSElite suggested that one of the versions will be released for a lower price (like the 737-600). That would be very nice if it is true.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hope it's just the video/post editing, but these cockpit texture look underwhelming... also compared to the NG3. Great that the MAX is finally on the horizon, though.

• Like 3

I'm glad the 300ER will be first. I actually go down to 6 fps using the Riva Tuner enroute on longhauls in the BBJ1, and fuel and time seem accurate. Can't go below that or becomes too unstable. But computer stays nice and cool and quiet. I boost the frames during taxi, takeoff, and landings, and still keep temps somewhat comfortable. I don't mess around with any other settings anymore. I hope the 300ER will behave similarly.

I never got P3D or XPlane, went straight from FSX to MSFS. I'd still been using the 200LR in FSX for really long hauls like SYD-LHR nonstop up until recently, and have never tried the 300ER up until this point. But I'm glad to I'll be able to get the chance with flights like SIN-LHR or LAX-SYD with very high payloads should be possible.

1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

"Do the wipers work??"

"Does it feel heavy?"

White knights to the rescue!

do you work for pmdg? Or just a word not allowed who lives in the past?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

at least it's the first real good long-hauler out.

agreed.

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, Merawen said:

do you work for pmdg? Or just a word not allowed who lives in the past?

I can't lie, I loved the 80s, especially all the synth driven pop. Have a great day buddy!

• Like 5

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

7 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I hope it's just the video/post editing, but these cockpit texture look underwhelming... also compared to the NG3. Great that the MAX is finally on the horizon, though.

I wonder if PMDG will have all the problems with the Max that Boeing is having? 😏

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

"Do the wipers work??"

"Does it feel heavy?"

surely some 13 year asked about wing flex.  thats normally the case.

14ppkc-6.png