Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if PMDG will have all the problems with the Max that Boeing is having? 😏

I am actually surprised they have apparently been given the go-ahead by Boeing

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

It must be really difficult dealing with the community at times.

one day developers will realise the customer pays they bills, and sometimes the customer is a fool, as is the case here. Alas that aside the customer is always king. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

B-O-R-I-N-G.

Oh wow, a 777. Been using it since FSX, that was August 2013. 

But it doesn't exist in MSFS (other than as a poopy Captain Sim version)

32 minutes ago, Merawen said:

White knights to the rescue!

do you work for pmdg? Or just a word not allowed who lives in the past?

How is that post any thing like white knighting?

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

A comment on FSElite suggested that one of the versions will be released for a lower price (like the 737-600). That would be very nice if it is true.

If I had to wager a guess that would be the -200LR since it's the least used variant in the real world, kinda like the -600.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Yeah I agree.  More commercially viable.  Something about the 748 is boring to me when compared to the 744.  The cockpit more vanilla.  The engines not as exciting.  But that's me

For me it's the engine sounds.  Same with the 787, 737MAX, A320NEO etc...I'm sure they're all appreciated by people who live near airports in real life for being more quiet, but I prefer my older, intense buzzsaw sound engines in the sim 🙂

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I'm sure they're all appreciated by people who live near airports

I sure do. Can't wait for the day when the A306, 767 and 74F are finally gone from Freight service. 😉 

50% less noise is massive.

Edited by Farlis

Haven’t they said to lower the prices? If they will stick to the 737 pricing model it will be still quite expensive…

Just now, 737_800 said:

Haven’t they said to lower the prices? If they will stick to the 737 pricing model it will be still quite expensive…

If you intend to purchase every variant. Yes it may cost more.

If you only care for 1 or 2. You're probably going to be paying less.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

13 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

Summarizing useful bits from the Q&A:

All four 777 variants (-300ER, -200ER, -F, -200LR) will be separate variants/purchases

Price will be inline with 737 variants.

Thanks for the summary!

Well, all signs point to the fact the 77W would be the first one to be released. And well, the first one to be released is the one that gets the most liveries* (including fictional), or that's what I've seen in the .to. Anyway, since it's also the most flown IRL, I'm sure I'll be purchasing.

*Unless PMDG does with the 77L the same thing they did with the 736 and offers it at around half price.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 minutes ago, Maxis said:

If you intend to purchase every variant. Yes it may cost more.

If you only care for 1 or 2. You're probably going to be paying less.

It‘s still expensive for one model.

I love the look of the shorter / stubbier -200 myself.  Then again I really like flying the 737-600 as well.

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Looking really nice for long haul. Pleased the 77W is first too this time as well as gone are the rip off prices from P3D.  More reasonable.   Hoping for awesome startup sounds.   Here the 77W starting up here all the time living near the airport.  

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

34 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It‘s still expensive for one model.

Wheres the price ? As far as i know there is no specific price as yet so in absolute terms how are you coming to the conclusion that its expensive ?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Wheres the price ? As far as i know there is no specific price as yet so in absolute terms how are you coming to the conclusion that its expensive ?

It has been stated on the first post in the summary of the video that the prices will be similar to the existing of the 737 series, which are around 80 bucks incl taxes.

• Like 3

Just now, Maxis said:

Speculation 77.73$ discounted to 69.99 like the 737 PMDG knows how to make sales and it will be released before Vatsim CTP in April. Not truth but just my guess.

• Like 2