Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

PMDG 777 MSFS FIRST LOOK

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, psolk said:

The mentality here blows my mind.... How much has the 777 changed in real life since 2013?  Is Boeing boring because they keep producing the same plane?  

Let's see, Boeing still produces the 737, 767, 777 and 787 correct?  And people are whining about PMDG because of repetition?  

Basically the ONLY place PMDG could introduce something NET NEW is the Max or a 787 and the Max is coming.... I don't see them going "back" to a 767 

Not a lot of options when you apply logic and context around Boeing's current fleet are there?  Wow, crazy how that worked out when you look at the facts.  

So please explain how the release of the first 777 followed by the Max adding to the current 737 fleet in MSFS is boring to me again?  That only leaves the 767 and 787 PMDG hasn't brought us...   🤯

I mean PMDG could build a 707 or 727... Planes that aren't just giant computers that you input things into... Since I started flying for the airlines IRL. the only jets I fly in sims are the old ones... Programming an FMS is just like being at work or sitting in the sim for recurrent... Id love to see a 707,DC-8,L1011,727 Etc

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

It has better runway performance, which means that it can get in and out of smaller airports. In other words, more destination options. I couldn't care less about real world routes, or what flies where. The 737-600 in PMDG house colours is all that I need :smile:

whatever floats your boat I guess.

14ppkc-6.png

I wasn't going to post anything but after reading the thread, most of it is a bit of a head scratcher. Just to summarize what's imminent:

• Most importantly, RF legs and new navdata format (LNAV not mentioned specifically, but they did say LNAV depends on the navdata format)
  • GSX integration coming
  • EFB finally has payload, ground services and maintenance apps
  • CPDLC
  • Auto step climbs
  • Opening cockpit door
  • Cabin announcements
  • All of the improvements coming to the 737
  • Most popular version (300ER) coming first
  • One version will again be a bargain price
  • 737 MAX is near as well

I'm genuinely not sure how some can do nothing but complain after this (again), or why virtually nobody even talks about any of these items that have been brought up just about every two days for the past years. I also don't see how this is just the same plane as the FSX version or why the 777 is boring suddenly. I think this shows PMDG are actually keeping up with where aircraft addons are heading, at last. Took quite some time to get there, but I'm personally very happy with this. As for cockpit textures, there are spots that look sort of bland, but I'll reserve judgement for when I see the finished product, and that anywhere other than a 1080p YouTube upload.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, z06z33 said:

I mean PMDG could build a 707 or 727.

But why though its 2024 not the 1950's

Edited by JBDB-MD80

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, threexgreen said:

I'm genuinely not sure how some can do nothing but complain after this [...] I also don't see how this is just the same plane as the FSX version or why the 777 is boring suddenly. I think this shows PMDG are actually keeping up with where aircraft addons are heading,

I suppose the criticism of 'same old re-hash/port of the FSX/P3D model' comes from there not being swathes of completely new features, such as engine mismanagement issues, vastly higher visual quality, and (forgive me for saying) a vastly improved EFB—basically all the things Fenix updated in their aircraft recently.

With that list of improvements that you highlighted, PMDG appear to be moving on the right direction with making a MSFS-worthy airliner.

However, for a big, established developer, the reveal didn't amaze the non-believers. Unfortunately for PMDG, the visuals are all most people have in judging their efforts—there's only one chance to make a good first impression, which they didn't achieve for the undecideds.

That said, as the first quality long-haul airliner available for MSFS, RSR won't care what the undecideds think. I expect he'll be laughing all the way to the bank, just like he did with the 737-700.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I wasn't going to post anything but after reading the thread, most of it is a bit of a head scratcher. Just to summarize what's imminent:

• Most importantly, RF legs and new navdata format (LNAV not mentioned specifically, but they did say LNAV depends on the navdata format)
  • GSX integration coming
  • EFB finally has payload, ground services and maintenance apps
  • CPDLC
  • Auto step climbs
  • Opening cockpit door
  • Cabin announcements
  • All of the improvements coming to the 737
  • Most popular version (300ER) coming first
  • One version will again be a bargain price
  • 737 MAX is near as well

I'm genuinely not sure how some can do nothing but complain after this (again), or why virtually nobody even talks about any of these items that have been brought up just about every two days for the past years. I also don't see how this is just the same plane as the FSX version or why the 777 is boring suddenly. I think this shows PMDG are actually keeping up with where aircraft addons are heading, at last. Took quite some time to get there, but I'm personally very happy with this. As for cockpit textures, there are spots that look sort of bland, but I'll reserve judgement for when I see the finished product, and that anywhere other than a 1080p YouTube upload.

We'll see how much of that works out well, PMDG has very poor credibility for many of us.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Because it’s a flight simulator. We’re already playing make-believe anyways, so who cares if the planes aren’t really in service today? They were still modern marvels when they flew 70 years ago and it feels pretty accomplishing to figure out how to fly those analog birds. It takes a lot more skill to fly a 727 from New York to LA using VOR/NDB navigating than it does a 777 and for some of us, we’d like to recreate what it was like to fly those old beautiful planes, especially in one from a top-tier developer. 

In the end, they’re not going to make a 707 because it wouldn’t sell as well as a 787, not because it’s from the 1950’s. However, their DC-6 sure sold well, didn’t it? 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Because old jets are fun and cool.... They keep you busy and engaged.... New jets are just a bunch of FMC programming and sitting there for hours on end.. I'd love somthing like a CV880 in the sim .  I'm one of the few who loved all the old flying boats we got from the local legends... Different strokes for different folks I guess. I fly modern airliners for a living and seems a bit to much like work for entertainment lol.. 

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 3

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

However, for a big, established developer, the reveal didn't amaze the non-believers. Unfortunately for PMDG, the visuals are all most people have in judging their efforts—there's only one chance to make a good first impression, which they didn't achieve for the undecideds.

I would argue that we have that entire list of items finally being implemented that people were very passionate about for a long time to judge their efforts. That's why I find it strange that there is next to no acknowledgement of any of them, especially RF legs/navdata except for one or two posts. Instead, the focus is on work in progress textures that may present an opportunity for criticism.

Just an observation, but I would have expected this to be a PMDG topic more positive for once.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

In the end, they’re not going to make a 707 because it wouldn’t sell as well as a 787, not because it’s from the 1950’s. However, their DC-6 sure sold well, didn’t it? 

PMDG DC-6 sold well because there was no other "High Fidelity" aircraft in MSFS at the time "and lived off their name". Fact. How much does the DC-6 sell now? Bottom like a 707 may sell a few hundreds of units while a 787 will sell thousands.

Edit: while ranting I'm still waiting for a 777 release.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I would argue that we have that entire list of items finally being implemented that people were very passionate about for a long time to judge their efforts. That's why I find it strange that there is next to no acknowledgement of any of them, especially RF legs/navdata except for one or two posts. Instead, the focus is on work in progress textures that may present an opportunity for criticism.

Just an observation, but I would have expected this to be a PMDG topic more positive for once.

Maybe it would of been more positive if they had actually shown some of the new features and not a 2 minute video showing a departure and well things we have all seen before.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Upvote 1

Cockpit textures look as if the Dynamic Range inside a NVIDIA control panel was turned up to cartoonish levels.

Eric 

7 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Since I started flying for the airlines IRL. the only jets I fly in sims are the old ones... Programming an FMS is just like being at work or sitting in the sim for recurrent...

With respect, the vast majority of us dont have the same "problem" as you do.

If you want to go old school, Just Flight has a couple of excellent products for you. I prefer their 146 myself, but many say their recent Fokker is sublime when it comes to old school liners.

And the iniBuilds classic Airbuses are very good.

See? Lots of choices.