I am enjoying to latest build (not beta etc). Tried a bunch of different planes in different flights and loved it. Recently left from New Orleans to KBYY (Bay City) in the Black Square Bonanza and loved it.

I used VFR settings but left Expert settings opened.

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Did some further testing with 4.2.9 

so on a clear day with scattered showers 

it works fine , then I had taken off in kslc in word not allowed weather.

during climb i would get stuttering 

auto target fps 

fps sensitivity 5

tlod min 150 max is 300 + not checked 

auto lod 200 base  and max 200 top

decrease cloud also checked + not checked  

Mike 

• Like 1

Just did awful weather IFR to mins low clouds/fog, in mountins snow/rain on latest Nvidia driver(s). No stutters, couple pauses.

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

9 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just did awful weather IFR to mins low clouds/fog, in mountins snow/rain on latest Nvidia driver(s). No stutters, couple pauses.

Same! Smooth all the way to touchdown on the approach with TLOD Min set to 100, Max 400. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Are you gents using dlss and framegen with this app? 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Posted (edited)

New TLOD automation method, working the same way OLOD automation currently works, coming very soon ...

image.png?ex=661b68c6&is=6608f3c6&hm=a62

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)

New Test Version 0.4.2.10-test available here.

Yes, I said I was pretty much done with functionality in this release, however the new TLOD automation method called Auto TLOD I have implemented in this release was fairly easy to do, is something that has been on my wish list for a while now and actually serves as a concept demonstrator for MS/Asobo as to how simple TLOD automation could function. Most importantly however, it helps those using FPS caps who have been struggling with the conflicting FPS cap and target requirements that the other automation methods impose.

Amusingly, that now includes me since I upgraded to a Quest 3 and now run an FPS cap of 40 to use SSW (motion reprojection) so I can finally fully appreciate the plight of FPS cap users trying to pick a target FPS that would work with their FPS cap and it sort of works but not really. In my case, I ended up using DynamicLOD_ResetEdition again then I had an epiphany last night that I could set up something similar (not quite as customisable) in my beloved AutoFPS app. As it turns out, I happen to know the developer very well so a kind word to myself and here we are! 😄

Please give it a go, particularly those who gave up on this app because of the FPS cap conflict, and let me know how it goes.

Changes are:

• Added new TLOD automation method called Auto TLOD which functions the same way that Auto OLOD does ie. independent of FPS. As well as being a concept demonstrator of how to implement a simple TLOD automation method within MSFS, this mode will be useful to those using an FPS cap who would otherwise need to use a DynamicLOD app variant due to conflicting FPS cap and target requirements that the other automation methods impose.
    • TLOD will adjust based on an altitude band with a base and top level and with TLOD values defined for each of these altitudes.
    • The app will set TLOD @ Base at or below the Alt TLOD Base (AGL), set the TLOD @ Top at or above Alt TLOD Top (AGL) and interpolate in between.
    • As this function completely ignores FPS, all FPS-related settings are removed from the UI when using this method. These are Target FPS, Auto Target FPS, TLOD Min + and Pause on MSFS losing Focus.
    • FPS settling time is also disabled as it does not apply to this automation method.
  • Revised Auto OLOD stepping to be the same as the new Auto TLOD stepping, whereby the smallest OLOD change will be 5 and the largest will be 10. This is to minimise the frequency of LOD changes so as not to potentially overload the MSFS render engine and cause stutters.
  • Swapped TLOD UI rows around to match the layout of Auto OLOD for consistency purposes.
  • Moved Pause when MSFS loses focus option down lower on the UI to make room for the TLOD Automation Method label which is needed to describe the accompanying drop down list.

image.png?ex=661b7c84&is=66090784&hm=365

image.png?ex=661b7dbb&is=660908bb&hm=feb

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

10 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

What tvs do you have? I have a 2023 Samsung which does up to 144hz VRR with gsync

Hi Kevin,

Here I have 3 Sony Bravia 4K TV’s. They are from 2020/21. 

The TV’s are 100 hertz but connected to a pc they are up to 60 hertz.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

16 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

New Test Version 0.4.2.10-test available here.

Yes, I said I was pretty much done with functionality in this release, however the new TLOD automation method called Auto TLOD I have implemented in this release was fairly easy to do, is something that has been on my wish list for a while now and actually serves as a concept demonstrator for MS/Asobo as to how simple TLOD automation could function. Most importantly however, it helps those using FPS caps who have been struggling with the conflicting FPS cap and target requirements that the other automation methods impose.

Amusingly, that now includes me since I upgraded to a Quest 3 and now run an FPS cap of 40 to use SSW (motion reprojection) so I can finally fully appreciate the plight of FPS cap users trying to pick a target FPS that would work with their FPS cap and it sort of works but not really. In my case, I ended up using DynamicLOD_ResetEdition again then I had an epiphany last night that I could set up something similar (not quite as customisable) in my beloved AutoFPS app. As it turns out, I happen to know the developer very well so a kind word to myself and here we are! 😄

Please give it a go, particularly those who gave up on this app because of the FPS cap conflict, and let me know how it goes.

Changes are:

• Added new TLOD automation method called Auto TLOD which functions the same way that Auto OLOD does ie. independent of FPS. As well as being a concept demonstrator of how to implement a simple TLOD automation method within MSFS, this mode will be useful to those using an FPS cap who would otherwise need to use a DynamicLOD app variant due to conflicting FPS cap and target requirements that the other automation methods impose.
    • TLOD will adjust based on an altitude band with a base and top level and with TLOD values defined for each of these altitudes.
    • The app will set TLOD @ Base at or below the Alt TLOD Base (AGL), set the TLOD @ Top at or above Alt TLOD Top (AGL) and interpolate in between.
    • As this function completely ignores FPS, all FPS-related settings are removed from the UI when using this method. These are Target FPS, Auto Target FPS, TLOD Min + and Pause on MSFS losing Focus.
    • FPS settling time is also disabled as it does not apply to this automation method.
  • Revised Auto OLOD stepping to be the same as the new Auto TLOD stepping, whereby the smallest OLOD change will be 5 and the largest will be 10. This is to minimise the frequency of LOD changes so as not to potentially overload the MSFS render engine and cause stutters.
  • Swapped TLOD UI rows around to match the layout of Auto OLOD for consistency purposes.
  • Moved Pause when MSFS loses focus option down lower on the UI to make room for the TLOD Automation Method label which is needed to describe the accompanying drop down list.

image.png?ex=661b7c84&is=66090784&hm=365

image.png?ex=661b7dbb&is=660908bb&hm=feb

It starts to look a little bit confusing to me.

Am I correct that the when using autoTLOD it is like using Dynamic LOD ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It starts to look a little bit confusing to me.

Am I correct that the when using autoTLOD it is like using Dynamic LOD ?

If you don't select this automation mode, the app is exactly the same as before. And if you do, the UI gets simpler so I'm not sure why it is confusing.

It's not really the same as Dynamic LOD as you can only pick a lower and upper TLOD and an altitude band within which it will automatically scale between them, just like the app already does with OLOD automation. DynamicLOD is still far more customisable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Yes, I said I was pretty much done with functionality in this release, however the new TLOD automation method called Auto TLOD I have implemented in this release was fairly easy to do, is something that has been on my wish list for a while now and actually serves as a concept demonstrator for MS/Asobo as to how simple TLOD automation could function.

Great idea Reset! I've been thinking about having automated TLODs within an altitude band much like OLODs. Didn't think you would actually implement it though. I'll jump into the A300-600RF flight deck and do a test run.

As this function completely ignores FPS, all FPS-related settings are removed from the UI when using this method. These are Target FPS, Auto Target FPS, TLOD Min + and Pause on MSFS losing Focus.

I'm excited to see how AutoFPS functions without having a target FPS set. Soon I'll know I guess 🙂

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

If you don't select this automation mode, the app is exactly the same as before. And if you do, the UI gets simpler so I'm not sure why it is confusing.

Well, I'm a bit confused now too.  The screencaps show the new settings being used with the VFR mode selected.  Are these new options ONLY for the VFR mode?  Or are they for IFR mode too?  Do they only benefit the VFR mode?  Would I possibly want to use them in IFR mode?  Neither the above posts nor the readme explain that.

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Well, I'm a bit confused now too.  The screencaps show the new settings being used with the VFR mode selected.  Are these new options ONLY for the VFR mode?  Or are they for IFR mode too?  Do they only benefit the VFR mode?  Would I possibly want to use them in IFR mode?  Neither the above posts nor the readme explain that.

It's very easy to use and can be combined with both IFR and VFR mode. 

I'm currently climbing to FL310 in the A300. First flight with 0.4.2.10. These are my settings:

elktZs5.jpeg

As you can see there is no longer any target FPS option (I've got FPS locked to 65 with RTSS). 

Just select Auto TLOD, then set the desired values. 

I'm back in the SU15 beta (had some issues and needed to do a complete re-installation). Not using any AI traffic on this flight (wanted to keep things simple). Departure from ENGM was exceptionally smooth (almost zero frame time variability). Not sure if this is due to being back in the beta, no AI traffic - or both. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Just finished my first flight with 0.4.2.10 in iniBuilds A300 ENGM-EGLL. Probably the smoothest flight so far! Approach into Heathrow (no AI traffic though) was silky smooth, and the CapFrameX graphs reflect this: 

tsmQVsG.jpeg

8lFZpfQ.jpeg

A few frame time spikes when changing views (as should be expected), otherwise negligible stuttering and amazing frame time consistency. It cannot get better then this. I'll throw in some traffic now and ruin the blissful experience 😆

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

Hi Kevin,

Here I have 3 Sony Bravia 4K TV’s. They are from 2020/21. 

The TV’s are 100 hertz but connected to a pc they are up to 60 hertz.

You may be able to unlock them to their full potential.  My Samsung did only 60Hz until I enabled Input Signal +, (together with a HDMI 2.1 cable), and it unlocked 144Hz settings in NVidia control panel.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png