6 hours ago, FalconAF said:

Well, I'm a bit confused now too.  The screencaps show the new settings being used with the VFR mode selected.  Are these new options ONLY for the VFR mode?  Or are they for IFR mode too?  Do they only benefit the VFR mode?  Would I possibly want to use them in IFR mode?  Neither the above posts nor the readme explain that.

As @Cpt_Piett has demonstrated, like with the other TLOD automation methods, Auto TLOD works in both VFR and IFR flight types.

The readme normally gets updated when an update is formally released, or very close to it. The paint is still wet on this one, but I will update the readme about it shortly.

The red boxes on the screenshots are mostly to show what is NOT present on the UI with this new automation method. It is as simple as using Auto OLOD, which did not cause any confusion when it was implemented.

If anyone else is still confused, just try it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Probably the smoothest flight so far! Approach into Heathrow (no AI traffic though) was silky smooth, and the CapFrameX graphs reflect this: 

I've not used CapFrameX before, but those graphs do look good. Going to give it a whirl! For those interested (it's free): https://www.capframex.com/download

• Like 3

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

15 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

New Test Version 0.4.2.10-test available here.

Nirvana! Stop coding and go enjoy your work.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've not used CapFrameX before, but those graphs do look good. Going to give it a whirl! For those interested (it's free): https://www.capframex.com/download

I recommend it. I use it every now and then to test performance. The new AutoTLOD implementation works extremely well in terms of smoothness. Just landed at FlyTampa's Schiphol in the A300-600R with TLOD Min 100 - worked fine! I realized I had some extra GPU headroom (this is where the GPU-Z implementation becomes useful) - so I increased the render scaling to 4K 130% in TAA. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Yes sofar the AutoLOD option is the best by far for me .

thank you for your work.

appreciated .

mike

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, new to this app. And thinking about replacing the old dynamic lod

Only thing that is bothering me is to manual change between vfr and ifr if needed (hope I'm correct, or does it automatically switch depending of aircraft type?) 

If I'm correct would it be possible to get a lvar to change between both or using a argument on app start? Then I would be able to use axis and ohs app start depending on the selected aircraft. EG: autolod.exe -vfr and autolod.exe -ifr Thanks

Edited by Bam2000

51 minutes ago, Bam2000 said:

Only thing that is bothering me is to manual change between vfr and ifr if needed (hope I'm correct, or does it automatically switch depending of aircraft type?) 

The VFR/IFR implementation is very simple. Yes, you need to manually switch, but this is how I use each:

• VFR for GA aircraft in urban/remote areas
  • IFR for airliners in densely populated areas

The lines can be a bit blurry sometimes. E.g. if I wanted to fly the King Air into Heathrow, I would choose IFR. If I wanted to fly the A320 into a very remote airport, I could get away with choosing VFR. 

AutoFPS is a wonderful addon that can be as simple as you want, but it also has a lot of versatility in expert mode.

56 minutes ago, Bam2000 said:

If I'm correct would it be possible to get a lvar to change between both or using a argument on app start? Then I would be able to use axis and ohs app start depending on the selected aircraft. EG: autolod.exe -vfr and autolod.exe -ifr Thanks

I'll let the developer answer this.  

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, Bam2000 said:

AutoFPS does not currently detect aircraft type nor parses command line options and I have no plans to implement either of them any time soon, particularly as I am wrapping up the next minor release right now.

In any case, it is simple enough to pick between VFR and IFR flight types with the radio buttons I have already provided and is  certainly no more difficult to pick a profile like this than with DynamicLOD.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I have just formally released AutoFPS version 0.4.2.10. You can read about it and download it here.

In summary, it is a minor update to 0.4.2 that provides new options to address stuttering issues some users have been experiencing, an FPS-independent Auto TLOD automation method to make the app more FPS-cap friendly, expanded profile saving and various bug fixes and UI improvements.

My thanks go out to everyone who participated in the test releases and provided feedback, in particular @Cpt_Piettwho has also assisted me with fielding many questions on the new changes.

image.png?ex=661d9b61&is=660b2661&hm=c41

image.png?ex=661d9b7f&is=660b267f&hm=d41

Time for me to kick back for a while 😄

image.png?ex=661d9f0a&is=660b2a0a&hm=fb8

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

You can read about it and download it here

I have and I have!

Enjoy that well deserved rest 😄

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

11 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I have and I have!

Enjoy that well deserved rest 😄

Me either, thanks a lot Reset

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

I have just formally released AutoFPS version 0.4.2.10. You can read about it and download it here.

Congratulations on another formal release! 🎉🍾 It's been a pleasure collaborating with you. Enjoy your well earned rest!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Opinion in the last part that of course is open to discuss (other peoples opinion is always nice to hear)
-----
Have to again give a huge thanks for this amazing utility (it includes a big thanks to @Cpt_Piett for extensive and beyond thorough testing) and the difference it has made to my sim. Using AutoFPS/FG/vSync in NVCP with FPS capped at 60 in the control panel as well has made me (for now) change my plans of changing my 2080Ti 11GB (bought used for about 300$ that I classify as a very good deal even today) for a good while since I now have a set and forget sim that delivers buttersmooth performance at 60 FPS on a 60Hz 2560x1440 Dell U2711 monitor. The monitor is many years old, but still delivers an image that I am more than satisfied with. 

I am often away from my sim computer and I still have 0.4.1 installed. I live by "if i aint broke, fix it until it is", so is it recommended to update to the latest version? In this version I have the FPS capped 10% below 60 in the app, but from my understanding I can cap it closer to 60 in the newest version?

To keep my 2080Ti happy regarding VRAM usage I have lowered texture resolution to High (saving me 0.5-8GB VRAM) and with my resolution I honestly dont see a noticeable difference. Fenix landing at ORBX ENGM gives me a VRAM usage of 9.0 to 9.3GB and no stutters. Just proves that with having your settings set according to your hardware it is possible to get a very usable simulator. 

Some of you might say this is a bold and a maybe controversial opinion to have, but I dont think the difference between my settings which is used in the images below will be much different with the settings all maxed out (I dont have my settings here, but they are well balanced between all options from off to ultra) in similar scenarios, but at a cost of a significant difference in FPS and VRAM usage.
spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Benjamin H
  • Like 3

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Benjamin H said:

Opinion in the last part that of course is open to discuss (other peoples opinion is always nice to hear)
-----
Have to again give a huge thanks for this amazing utility (it includes a big thanks to @Cpt_Piett for extensive and beyond thorough testing) and the difference it has made to my sim. Using AutoFPS/FG/vSync in NVCP with FPS capped at 60 in the control panel as well has made me (for now) change my plans of changing my 2080Ti 11GB (bought used for about 300$ that I classify as a very good deal even today) for a good while since I now have a set and forget sim that delivers buttersmooth performance at 60 FPS on a 60Hz 2560x1440 Dell U2711 monitor. The monitor is many years old, but still delivers an image that I am more than satisfied with. 

I am often away from my sim computer and I still have 0.4.1 installed. I live by "if i aint broke, fix it until it is", so is it recommended to update to the latest version? In this version I have the FPS capped 10% below 60 in the app, but from my understanding I can cap it closer to 60 in the newest version?

To keep my 2080Ti happy regarding VRAM usage I have lowered texture resolution to High (saving me 0.5-8GB VRAM) and with my resolution I honestly dont see a noticeable difference. Fenix landing at ORBX ENGM gives me a VRAM usage of 9.0 to 9.3GB and no stutters. Just proves that with having your settings set according to your hardware it is possible to get a very usable simulator. 

Some of you might say this is a bold and a maybe controversial opinion to have, but I dont think the difference between my settings which is used in the images below will be much different with the settings all maxed out (I dont have my settings here, but they are well balanced between all options from off to ultra) in similar scenarios, but at a cost of a significant difference in FPS and VRAM usage.

I have that card as well but its my CPU that's still slowing me down. With AI traffic, ATC program, RAAS, FSRealistic etc it still keeps a pretty smooth 35 FPS. Could be higher but I have addons that I truly never fly without.

Cheers! How is the FG mod treating you? I could never really get it to work well enough for me. Any advice on getting the FG mod to work well with the 2080ti?

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Benjamin H said:

I completely agree with this strategy, which is both smart and reasonable, adjusting settings according to hardware. 

In this version I have the FPS capped 10% below 60 in the app, but from my understanding I can cap it closer to 60 in the newest version?

That's right - target FPS can be just 2-3 below the cap, should be fine. By the way great picture from short final into Kastrup ILS 04L (if I'm not mistaken). 

"if i aint broke, fix it until it is", so is it recommended to update to the latest version?

0.4.2.10 has a new feature - AutoTLOD - which IMO works really well (does not require target FPS to be set). It also has a lot of improvements across the board. Best version so far IMO!

I'm currently in a holding pattern in the A300-600RF at FL140 near Strasbourg, using AutoTLOD mode, with a capped FPS (I'm using RivaTuner), and there's hardly any variation in frame times (i.e. smooth). 

I'll also add that even with a decent CPU, I have to be really careful with my settings (in particular target FPS, TLOD and AI traffic). If not, the mainthread will suffer, resulting in stutters. I really have to fine-tune these settings for the best experience. If the settings are a little bit off, I'll start to see a higher frame time variance. 

Example:

Here the mainthread is very happy, as can be seen by the completely flat frame time graph:

zgSqMQc.jpeg

Here the mainthread starts to struggle a little bit, resulting in an increased difference in frame times:

K46gk3I.jpeg

The only change I did was to cap FPS a little bit too high. The difference in frame times in the second screenshot might not be enough to cause visible stutters. But the more inappropriate the settings are, the more the mainthread will struggle, and thus the likelihood of stutters increases. 

Of course this is with the caveat that the sim is mainthread-limited (which is the most common). It's easy to check anyway using the dev mode FPS overlay. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2