Sign in to follow this  
raymar

What is going to happen when MSFS2024 arrives??

6 hours ago, kerosene31 said:

Just an example, will add-on planes fly properly when 2024 changes the flight model?  Compatibility is one thing, but will the planes fly the way the developers intended? 

Devs have commented that v2020 changes so frequently that their add-ons already fly differently from release to release even now. 😀

"New sims for old", cried the magician on Aladdin's street.

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

18 hours ago, raymar said:

I suppose my biggest concern is whether the 3rd party planes that I am buying today will fly in FS2024 or whether we will be purchasing a bunch of upgrades.

I wouldn't worry about it at all.

v2024 is an iterative upgrade of v2020, not a new sim.

It will go very much as the recent X-Plane v11 to v12 upgrade went. Which is to say, many of the add-ons were ready by launch day (even the Beta launch day), the vast majority of updates were free, a few devs had nominal upgrade fees (usually for actual better/new features), and a very small number released such a fundamental upgrade that they only offered a full price repurchase. 

It went similarly for release dates.

And considering how good the Default aircraft have become, I know I'll have PLENTY of fun without installing a single addon 😀

I'll probably buy it, and then uninstall it in a row....

Unless Petrovich did some Miracle, I guess the same complaints I have of MSFS 2020 will keep me rather critic about anything regarding it's flight dynamics... Time will tell... Would love to be wrong ...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Unless Petrovich did some Miracle, I guess the same complaints I have of MSFS 2020 will keep me rather critic about anything regarding it's flight dynamics... Time will tell... Would love to be wrong ...

They've proven to be very serious about improving the FM. The C172, and Guimbal Cabri are Reference Models and fly very well vs MANY of the payware add-ons.

To one degree or the other the same follows with several of the other Defaults.

I think it'll take awhile for Hi Fi FM updates to be applied to 3rd Party add-ons, though.

Same/Same as has been the case with CFD/NPS/SBS in v2020...

Posted (edited)

It's up to the third parties to take full advantage of what the sim can do with flight dynamics.

The only aircraft Asobo seems to update with new features is the Cessna 172 (G1000)

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, SidekickUBT said:

Community,

Are we expecting this to be released Oct - Dec or earlier?

Tim

August is my guess, but the HYPE TRAIN hasn't properly left the station yet so they need to get a wriggle on and show us some decent videos or something to whet our appetites.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The flight is here. I need ATC, not a balloon ride.

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 3/22/2024 at 12:11 PM, jcomm said:

Petrovich RL experience was bound by light gliders like delta wing trikes but he has an aeronautical degree and programming experience in the area! 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

When 2024 is released, there is only one thing that will happen - people will start using it.

sp

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

When 2024 is released, there is only one thing that will happen - people will start using it.

sp

Close; when 2024 is released people will start using it and start complaining about it.

35 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Close; when 2024 is released people will start using it and start complaining about it.

People will complain regardless. Should it matter. That is how life works.  Bring on MS2024 and move from the past.

1 hour ago, Lord Farringdon said:

The flight is here. I need ATC, not a balloon ride.

They're only promising balloon rides?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.