Sign in to follow this  
Andrew2448

Bluebird Sim 757 March Update

are they doing the -200 and -300 or just one? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

are they doing the -200 and -300 or just one? 

Both. 

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

This is very exciting!  Those sounds were just amazing!!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Wow impressive level of detail for systems fidelity.   Love it.   Really great work.   Indeed the sounds were super sweet!    Can't wait to fly this one too.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Another gem coming to msfs. Can't wait and definitely a purchase for me.

It's not ready yet but our patience will be rewarded.

Interesting update. Bluebird really are doing some wonderful work and programming it from scratch! If the aircon system is an example of the level of detail that will be found in other systems then I suspect even the study level crowd will be gob smacked. Study level at the moment means all the buttons switches and levers work, ie they do something but the accuracy of what they do is probably not always questioned or even understood by the 'study level' user because everything works as it should. But those developers who are incorporating failures recognise that the systems must be modelled correctly to get the right behaviours from it if any part of the system fails. This leads me to think the Bluebird's green fields approach will allow them to produce not just a study level solution but potentially a professional solution if they continue down this path simply because they are presumably playing to MSFS strengths.

Of course other study level developers (PMDG/Fenix for example) will say they have done the same or similar things. For example, IIRC is it Fenix's product that they have modelled rotation of the engine on the ground (without introducing fuel) in order to keep engine core temps down? (sorry, I'm not familiar with the Fenix product).    The point is that perhaps study level is no longer just about piloting the aircraft but also in understanding the underlying engineering of the systems being modelled so that failures can be accurately diagnosed and actions taken to mitigate the effects of any emergency on the aircrafts ability to land safely. 

It seems to me ( and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong) that in the real world pilots are not expected to know the  detail of these systems in any depth but more in general terms so that the correct actions iaw the Emergency and Abnormal Checklist can be taken.   A case in point might be the Canadian charter flight that ran out of fuel and almost became another Gimli glider when the fuel system 'failed' due to unnoticed overboard leak. The crew seemed unable to understand why their normal fuel management actions were not working until they were nearly at the point where they could no longer reach land. So, this is all a roundabout way of saying Bluebird may be taking 'study level' to another level again where it also involves understanding systems in engineering detail. And this presents further opportunities for simulating unusual failures such as damage from lightening strike, icing, bird strike etc.   Who knows where that might lead in terms of commercial opportunities.

I am probably getting ahead of myself with all this possibilities talk but if Bluebird deliver what they are promising including a shorter then expected follow up of the B767, then they will join the ranks of the other excellent  airliner developers including PMDG, Fenix and FBW.   Interesting also that these four developers have such varied ways of developing their products from porting, Xbox integration, Pro Sim, to collaborative development and now with Bluebird creating code from scratch presumably in order to optimise the MSFS capabilities that are available now and likely in the future. And did I mention 500 circuit breakers?   

A wonderful time in flight simulation. 

Cheers

Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

The best bit of the entire video is hear here:
https://youtu.be/B9L8hKmI9VU?feature=shared&t=260

If you don't enjoy a RB211 spooling up and going to buzzsaw, then you must be dead inside! 😄

Am very much looking forward to this. A versatile airliner, still in use with multiple real world operators.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The sounds are pretty much perfect, but the textures are nowhere near the current standards.

Matej Stavanja

I think there was something in the video that said "ignore the textures, they're being redone". 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

I think there was something in the video that said "ignore the textures, they're being redone". 

True, I just had to😁. It's written all over the video. 

• Like 3

Matej Stavanja

This looks promising! Will have to get this one just to play around with even though I usually only fly GA. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I agree this is looking fantastic and I am very happy the air conditioning system has had this much love and care. Playing with zone temperatures and how its affected by  windows/cockpit/cabin  doors is quite immersive. If Fenix are listening please put that on your to do list as it is not currently working correctly in the A320.

The Sounds are very impressive I think this is going to be one of this year's or next years top addons for sure... I think the new textures are going to be on show at the Flight Sim Expo.

H.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, hollow1slo said:

The sounds are pretty much perfect, but the textures are nowhere near the current standards.

In the OP's video post a text statement overly in giant bold letters clearly states "these are not the textures"

I have been wanting a great 757 for decades!  Looks fabulous!

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X