threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

4 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

... but I do have another question. Using Pilot2ATC previously, when I filed a flight plan I would of course get the Deaprture SID & Arrival STAR and RWY if assigned. With FSHUD I get my SID procedure and RWY. My question is, I assume the Arrival will not be assigned until close to TOD, based on Arrival Weather conditions? At that point I assume I will load the Arrival procedure and RWY into the FMC and Navigraph Charts app. It's just that with Pilot2ATC I had all the arrival information (subject to change of course, which it has in the past) before starting the flight and I could create a fix in the FMC (Fenix A320) for a descent reminder. With FSHud I cannot do this as the arrival procedure\RWY is not known until around TOD, which normally is pretty close to my fix calculation anyway, ALT. loss x 4 (eg. 35 down to 9, 26 x4=104, say 110), I would start descent at 110nm from my fix waypoint. I would like to do this long before TOD.

FSHud assigns you all the route gate-to-gate when you start the flight.
But it can be changed during flight.
For now you can see the landing runway in left section of panel - we will improve it to show the procedure as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Simbrief gives you a STAR and arrival runway, doesn't it? So use that for your calculations. Most of the time FSHud will keep the filed runway and STAR, unless weather or traffic dictate otherwise.

Apart from that FSHud assigns the STAR and arrival runway well before the TOD, so normally you have enough time to feed your FMC.

That's correct - in IRL you estimate your STAR and landing runway according flight planning information that you have (in your case SimBrief) - and ATC instructions can
be kind of surprising when before TOD ATC says to you assigned runway and procedure.
But I guess it's a bit not realistic to ask ATC for assigned runway and procedure when you're 1 or 2 hours before TOD.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RALF9636 said:

Simbrief gives you a STAR and arrival runway, doesn't it? So use that for your calculations. Most of the time FSHud will keep the filed runway and STAR, unless weather or traffic dictate otherwise.

Apart from that FSHud assigns the STAR and arrival runway well before the TOD, so normally you have enough time to feed your FMC.

Thanks so much for confirming that! Helps a lot with my understanding of FSHud. You are correct, Simbrief does give me a STAR & Arrival, but I usually remove them manually, just to let Pilot2ATC or FSHud assign for me. Normally it is the same as what Simbrief assigned though. But with FSHud I may revert back to filing whatever STAR Simbrief assigns and not bother altering the FP. Again, thanks for that.

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

4 minutes ago, FSHud said:

That's correct - in IRL you estimate your STAR and landing runway according flight planning information that you have (in your case SimBrief) - and ATC instructions can
be kind of surprising when before TOD ATC says to you assigned runway and procedure.
But I guess it's a bit not realistic to ask ATC for assigned runway and procedure when you're 1 or 2 hours before TOD.

Thanks, Makes a whole lot of sense. It adds to the realism and gives me something to keep me busy near the end of the flight. BTW, loving FSHud so far (first flight with it), KLAS - CYYC.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

4 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Thanks, Makes a whole lot of sense. It adds to the realism and gives me something to keep me busy near the end of the flight. BTW, loving FSHud so far (first flight with it), KLAS - CYYC.

Thank you!

And as said in previous message - we will add ability to display FSHud estimated Arrival Procedures and transitions once the flight was loaded
Although IRL, from application perspective - FSHud does have this information once the flight was loaded, no reason not to display it to user.

• Like 5

I kind of like to be surprised by FSHud with the STAR and approach assignment but yes, being able to see it in the interface for whenever I want to would be a cool feature! Even though FSHud usually is always on time with the assignment. (I also like the timely announcement of the approach, including transition: not something every ATC addon does.)

So I tested again, and I'm still getting awful stutters starting sometime close to TOD. Tried the performance balance feature, but while FPS were stable at the threshold I set, the stutters persisted and I had to close FSHud because it was hardly enjoyable this way. This confirms it's a deeper issue as I suspected, regardless of the balancer feature. Since the separation update this has been unusable for me which is unfortunate because I like FSHud. It completely locks down my CPU for whatever reason all of a sudden.

I also started encountering a weird issue where FSHud at some point suddenly starts switching the frequency set in the aircraft radio to a random, wrong one, resulting in transmissions getting cut short instantly. It then switches back to the correct frequency, the transmission starts again, but gets instantly cut out again because the frequency was changed again. The squawk also keeps getting changed. Turning off the auto comm and auto squawk features didn't help. This keeps going in an endless loop like "Un - United - Un - United 13 - Un - U - Uni..."

This is in the PMDG 737. Anyone else seen this?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I just want to report that FSHud does nothing with my fps, with the obvious exception when injecting traffic - this is basically the same fps drop i face when I use FSLTL without FSHud (90-5 fps or so). 

44 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

So I tested again, and I'm still getting awful stutters starting sometime close to TOD. Tried the performance balance feature, but while FPS were stable at the threshold I set, the stutters persisted and I had to close FSHud because it was hardly enjoyable this way. This confirms it's a deeper issue as I suspected, regardless of the balancer feature. Since the separation update this has been unusable for me which is unfortunate because I like FSHud. It completely locks down my CPU for whatever reason all of a sudden.

I also started encountering a weird issue where FSHud at some point suddenly starts switching the frequency set in the aircraft radio to a random, wrong one, resulting in transmissions getting cut short instantly. It then switches back to the correct frequency, the transmission starts again, but gets instantly cut out again because the frequency was changed again. The squawk also keeps getting changed. Turning off the auto comm and auto squawk features didn't help. This keeps going in an endless loop like "Un - United - Un - United 13 - Un - U - Uni..."

Already answered in the ticket to check MSFS settings in user guide:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/manuals/user-guide

54 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

In terms of stutters - I suggest you to share a short movie of this happening.
At least we will have some idea how it looks and what it is and might be there will be a way to go forward with it.

Thank you

On 4/24/2024 at 8:42 PM, TomCYYZ said:

... but I do have another question. Using Pilot2ATC previously, when I filed a flight plan I would of course get the Deaprture SID & Arrival STAR and RWY if assigned. With FSHUD I get my SID procedure and RWY. My question is, I assume the Arrival will not be assigned until close to TOD, based on Arrival Weather conditions? At that point I assume I will load the Arrival procedure and RWY into the FMC and Navigraph Charts app. It's just that with Pilot2ATC I had all the arrival information (subject to change of course, which it has in the past) before starting the flight and I could create a fix in the FMC (Fenix A320) for a descent reminder. With FSHud I cannot do this as the arrival procedure\RWY is not known until around TOD, which normally is pretty close to my fix calculation anyway, ALT. loss x 4 (eg. 35 down to 9, 26 x4=104, say 110), I would start descent at 110nm from my fix waypoint. I would like to do this long before TOD.

My understanding is that in real life being able to predict the arrival runway is difficult unless one is close to TOD-P2ATC will assign this around 4 minutes before TOD if you use the settings to allow random allocation. You can also request a different approach with the pilot controlled option checked in the config menu.

7 minutes ago, jkeye said:

My understanding is that in real life being able to predict the arrival runway is difficult

There's no real need to predict in real live, you just request the ATIS via the FMC and you know the active runway(s).

• Upvote 1

Another couple of flights with this and I really like the nice simple way that it handles things. I tried a quick departure out of Belfast City to Newcastle which has no SIDS. As expected with no SID I was given a clearance to maintain runway heading on departure.

Unfortunately after departure I was given no further instructions to make a turn and had to send myself off to the right to the first fix on the flight plan, otherwise I’d have ended up flying out into the North Atlantic! I’ll keep trying. 

3 hours ago, bennyboy75 said:

Unfortunately after departure I was given no further instructions to make a turn and had to send myself off to the right to the first fix on the flight plan, otherwise I’d have ended up flying out into the North Atlantic! I’ll keep trying. 

Hmm 🤔 I think I usually get a “proceed direct to” instruction.

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Hy guys. I'm reading all the discussions about FsHud, but it's better to directly ask you some questions.

Do I need to use FSTL or AIG for traffic with fshud, or it injects traffic by itself too?

Does it manages "pushback facing north, south" etc when clearing for pushback?

What about arrival/departing runways for traffic too? Or there's still the risk of of landing/departing in opposite direction of AI traffic?

I'm tempted to buy it, but first I'd like to clarify my doubts. Thanks.