Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

1 minute ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, flying on active Air Effects, and encountered a significant issue flying the plane starting pitching up to a stall when I entered a storm cloud around PHNL.

The plane was pitching up despite command for down, and there was no way to stop the pitch up, it eventually stalled, with or without Autopilot engaged.

I noticed something smaller when flying into another sort of cloud on takeoff, the plane was pitching up when the FD was actually commanding down with autopilot on.  This was on our A330-900.

I am posting this because I tried the same thing with default MSFS weather and did not encounter this.

Is this FENIX?  Sorry I don't recognize your name but if so, nice to meet you.  We had reports regarding FENIX aircraft that sounds similar to this.  It is suspected to be related to our turbulence injection, and are trying to further isolate and identify.  Turning the turbulence effect scale slider to zero in AS options (wind) should confirm this.  If you are developer please PM me and I'd love to work with you directly for a rapid fix/compatibility establishment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

1 hour ago, abennett said:

If we want to use fully AS for both rendering of the weather and the air effects etc. What setting do we put for the weather in the sim?

Weather Mode - Live.
Sim Depiction Mode - ActiveSky Preset Control

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

13 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, flying on active Air Effects, and encountered a significant issue flying the plane starting pitching up to a stall when I entered a storm cloud around PHNL.

The plane was pitching up despite command for down, and there was no way to stop the pitch up, it eventually stalled, with or without Autopilot engaged.

I noticed something smaller when flying into another sort of cloud on takeoff, the plane was pitching up when the FD was actually commanding down with autopilot on.  This was on our A330-900.

I am posting this because I tried the same thing with default MSFS weather and did not encounter this.

To help narrow this down, are you using any other turbulence source? FSRealistic, Realturb? 

14 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

If there's no METAR data available through NOAA, it will be using GFS global forecast data (incl. wind, temp, dew, clouds, precip, convective activity and snow depth) that we analyze to create a cloud and vis scene based on skew-t-type predictions, while some other conditions (like baro pressure) use interpolation methods from data that is available.  The METAR text report in conditions screen shows much of these specifics.

Does this basically means AS can create visibility layers when outside METAR coverage area ? And not just the sim usual unlimited visibility ? If it is i might pull the trigger and purchase it. 

Roi Ben

10 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

Is this FENIX?  Sorry I don't recognize your name but if so, nice to meet you.  We had reports regarding FENIX aircraft that sounds similar to this.  It is suspected to be related to our turbulence injection, and are trying to further isolate and identify.  Turning the turbulence effect scale slider to zero in AS options (wind) should confirm this.  If you are developer please PM me and I'd love to work with you directly for a rapid fix/compatibility establishment.

Hi, no, we are LatinVFR (LVFR) and this was tried on the A330-900. I assume if reports are similar with the Fenix, that then it happens to all my other aircraft and others as well.

Will try to see what can be done. In any case on our flightmodel.cfg perhaps an entry can be done? will PM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

To help narrow this down, are you using any other turbulence source? FSRealistic, Realturb? 

None, vanilla MSFS. Only using Active Sky to test my aircraft in extreme conditions.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Does this basically means AS can create visibility layers when outside METAR coverage area ? And not just the sim usual unlimited visibility ? If it is i might pull the trigger and purchase it. 

When we don't have nearby METAR data it's mostly by the global forecast model data and for visibility this will be based on temperature and dewpoint parameters (and some air stability influence as well).  So the short answer is yes, we control visibility outside of METAR coverage areas, and it shouldn't always be unlimited.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

15 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

Thank you for your support!

Lots in the pipeline!  Firstly we have some post-release bugs found, working on that to post an update very, very soon.  From there, it's based on feedback!  What do you want to see changed or added?

I think the product has great potential. I've used your products in FSX and XP11 so pleased to see it in MSFS. I was sat at an airport watching clouds rolling by and could see a large band of cloud moving towards me that was fun to watch.

Is there a place to report bugs and issues. Couple things I have noticed is that rain/showers have been reported in the metar but there was no rain depicted. (EGCC today around 1800z.) I then went hunting for thunderstorms, ended up at KGLH and again no rain or thunderstorms...

Also repeating cloud textures when at altitude giving a sort of grid style effect, would be nice if that can be improved

Going forward i think an integrated weather radar we can use in 3rd part planes when using Active Sky Live weather would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. Whilst MSFS has advantages, it also has its drawbacks and this could certainly be a game changer.

• Like 1

WAT1036.png

3 hours ago, LondonController said:

Yeah, somebody donates £100+ worth of subs, we will just ignore it, fantastic mate, sure you'd get on well in our jobs lol!

When playing video games is compared to having a job....

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

37 minutes ago, LRBS said:

wx.png

Yes thanks! I already got it!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

When playing video games is compared to having a job....

Found the boomer…

• Like 8

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

8 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Is there a place to report bugs and issues

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/forums/asfs.57/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

I have noticed is that rain/showers have been reported in the metar but there was no rain depicted. (EGCC today around 1800z.) I then went hunting for thunderstorms, ended up at KGLH and again no rain or thunderstorms...

How long did you wait at these locations for rain to come? Did you see any showers in the vicinity?

Showers and thunderstorms are moving with the wind. So they should be around but not necessarily over the airport right at the moment you spawn there.

• Like 1

One of these great P3D programs I thankfully don’t need with msfs anymore.  

Lukas Dalton