Sign in to follow this  
Samarth2004

Detailed Explanation For Fenix A320 vs Fslabs A320 in 2024

Hello everyone , I just wanted a Good, detailed comparison between the fenix a320 and the fslabs a320 x in the current lieu with respect to systems , the way the aircraft flies etc. 

I currently own the Fenix a320 and is Treat to fly and is extremely detailed but I have always heard that the fslabs gets an upper hand when it comes to systems depth, so I have been inching my way to purschase the fslabs a320 for p3d but I would like one good explanation on why I should I stick onto fenix a320 or switch with the current situation ie with block 2 out and fslabs also starting a switch onto msfs. also I am scheduled to proceed for my type rating in a month or two and was just wondering which would be the best fit for knowledge gain.

thanks 

FSlabs hasn't released anything for MSFS. So there is no comparison available yet

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Posted (edited)

If you have already P3D (v4 or v5, forget about v6) and $150 to spare (for the base pack), you may give it a chance.

After Block 2, the difference between FSL and Fenix is not as much as before, considering that now both have the IAE engines. At least regarding normal ops. The only meaningful difference I see is the WXR. For abnormal ops, I'm not sure; I've never got there. Someone else can explain better 

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

FSlabs hasn't released anything for MSFS. So there is no comparison available yet

Yeah that I know but they have told officials in their forums that they will be switching to msfs for good and as we know this will prolly take a while , my best guess is 2026 when they come out with the a320 

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

If you have already P3D (v4 or v5, forget about v6) and $150 to spare (for the base pack), you may give it a chance.

After Block 2, the difference between FSL and Fenix is not as much as before, considering that now both have the IAE engines. At least regarding normal ops. The only meaningful difference I see is the WXR. For abnormal ops, I'm not sure; I've never got there. Someone else can explain better 

I got some saved up and since I have the fenix since its release, I am willing to switch but only after a few more insights .. looking for you know a more depth explanation prolly from an IRL a320 Pilot or something . 

and yep I got P3D V5 the latest one 

Posted (edited)

Both are good . The displays and cockpit look are better in the Msfs version due to the better graphics. Systems seem to be just as robust, and accurate on both planes. Of course, 321, 319, and sharklets are avaliable in P3D, So when I want to fly the 321, which is my fav of the bus fam, I load in P3d. In conclusion, i would suggest having both as each has its own value and enjoyment.

Edited by CapnOz
  • Upvote 1

Peter Osborn

Haven't touch FSL 320s after I got full line up of Toliss Buses....

• Like 2

IMHO feel of flight looks more like it in the FSLabs, also some failures / non-normal simulations are more precise in the FSLabs.

If FSlabs announced it's products for MFS 2020 tomorrow I would not consider the Fenix.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

On 4/29/2024 at 10:43 PM, jcomm said:

IMHO feel of flight looks more like it in the FSLabs, also some failures / non-normal simulations are more precise in the FSLabs.

If FSlabs announced it's products for MFS 2020 tomorrow I would not consider the Fenix.

On 4/29/2024 at 12:33 AM, CapnOz said:

Both are good . The displays and cockpit look are better in the Msfs version due to the better graphics. Systems seem to be just as robust, and accurate on both planes. Of course, 321, 319, and sharklets are avaliable in P3D, So when I want to fly the 321, which is my fav of the bus fam, I load in P3d. In conclusion, i would suggest having both as each has its own value and enjoyment.

One major difference is between the MCDU’s , If I am not wrong Fenix uses the old Thales MCDU while the toliss and Fslabs use The latest ones ( mostly by Honeywell ) which give u a Few extra features like temp insert in direct page instead of directly going through . Also The atsu integration in Fslabs is much better than Fenix , and I have seen the programming That is to be done takes much longer ( closer to real life ) compared to the Fenix . 

do correct me if I have made a mistake Anywhere above 

• Like 1