Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Sounds like it's already come some way since you exited the beta then?

Third flight went less well.

Clearance told me to call him back but should have handed me over: I had to set a few frequencies myself in order to find one that I could contact for start and taxi.

During descent I was told to contact a fequency that, so it turned out, didn't exist and BATC got stuck trying to contact it. Had to restart BATC. This was also due to me not having the UI onscreen otherwise I would have seen the request I wanted to say wasn't available. I wanted to Announce on frequency but due to the wrong freq I requested heading to the next fix which locked up BATC.

Was told to descent to FL080 and then to FL110... and then again to FL080.

Vectors for the RNAV approach were okay-ish but final vectors were given too late and I would have flown away from the airport if I hadn't ignored the vectors.

All in all this was a real beta test experience again, haha!

However, departure vectors seem to have improved a lot.

Still enjoying the experience btw. I also keep on using the odd 'accents' with basic because they do add (mostly) to the immersion.

Edited by tup61

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thousands of flights, using PF3 ATC and have yet to run into another aircraft???? I just don't have FSLTL launching hundreds of flights around me. I would suspect that using BATC would produce similar results. 

PF3 is aware of AI traffic and does its best to keep you out of its way. So for example you won't be cleared for takeoff if an AI aircraft is on the runway or on short final.

BATC is not aware of AI traffic, so it can give you takeoff clearance crashing you right into an AI aircraft on the runway.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 2

Curious if there is a manual available or just the you tube setup videos ?

**Minor Update 1.0.25.EA**

```- Added email verification to registration process.

- Many bug fixes for reported system crashes.

- Better gate leniency to allow for bad gate data to still be handled in the case no useable gates are found.

- Fix for bindings on non-US keyboards causing a crash.

- Continued work on voices. Should now allow for Irish voices on the Premium Voice Model.```

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Posted (edited)

Decided to give this a go, first flight was CYHZ-CYOW in the FSS E195.  This was flown completely with menu inputs, auto respond and auto radio tune, no voice from me at all.

Generally I see a lot of good here, it handled my ground ATC without issue and generally things went well.

One issue was that after departure I was handed off directly to Moncton “Radar” rather than Halifax Departure.

Second issue is that the Canadian Centre frequencies I encountered were all referred to as “Radar”.

After takeoff I was cleared all the way to my cruise altitude which wouldn’t normally happen, there should be at least on intermediate altitude (FL230 in this case) before you are handed to centre.  Maybe I was cleared all the way because of the direct handoff to centre.

Got the STAR clearance, all was good although it asked me to tell it when I wanted to descend.  It’s good to have this option but I’d want to ATC starting to descend me appropriately on its own.

eventually I was cleared for radar vectors for the 07 ILS.  I had previously programmed a direct transition from the STAR to ILS so when I got to the end of the STAR the aircraft turned and intercepted the ILS and I didn’t hear from ATC again.  In retrospect I should have kept flying on the last STAR heading until ATC vectored me (one of those habits from ignoring MSFS ATC for so long lol).  However, ATC didn’t give me any grief for deviating, I just got the silent treatment and no tower handoff.

All in all I see huge potential and it’s already much better than default ATC.  I’m happy with my purchase and will look forward to watching it develop.  Certainly some resiliency if things go off script would be an area of focus for me.

The only other thing I’d add is I have the annoying ding sounds (I think it’s a Microsoft speech recognition sound?) when I “transmit” and when ATC says anything.  If anyone knows how to get rid of those I’d be grateful.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Decided to give this a go, first flight was CYHZ-CYOW in the FSS E195.  This was flown completely with menu inputs, auto respond and auto radio tune, no voice from me at all.

Generally I see a lot of good here, it handled my ground ATC without issue and generally things went well.

One issue was that after departure I was handed off directly to Moncton “Radar” rather than Halifax Departure.

Second issue is that the Canadian Centre frequencies I encountered were all referred to as “Radar”.

After takeoff I was cleared all the way to my cruise altitude which wouldn’t normally happen, there should be at least on intermediate altitude (FL230 in this case) before you are handed to centre.  Maybe I was cleared all the way because of the direct handoff to centre.

Got the STAR clearance, all was good although it asked me to tell it when I wanted to descend.  It’s good to have this option but I’d want to ATC starting to descend me appropriately on its own.

eventually I was cleared for radar vectors for the 07 ILS.  I had previously programmed a direct transition from the STAR to ILS so when I got to the end of the STAR the aircraft turned and intercepted the ILS and I didn’t hear from ATC again.  In retrospect I should have kept flying on the last STAR heading until ATC vectored me (one of those habits from ignoring MSFS ATC for so long lol).  However, ATC didn’t give me any grief for deviating, I just got the silent treatment and no tower handoff.

All in all I see huge potential and it’s already much better than default ATC.  I’m happy with my purchase and will look forward to watching it develop.  Certainly some resiliency if things go off script would be an area of focus for me.

The only other thing I’d add is I have the annoying ding sounds (I think it’s a Microsoft speech recognition sound?) when I “transmit” and when ATC says anything.  If anyone knows how to get rid of those I’d be grateful.

In BATC Settings turn off UI Sounds

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, regis9 said:

This is not how this works in real life. If there are no internal crossing restrictions ATC has for incoming traffic, you will most likely never get a descend clearance upon reaching your TOD. 

ATC does not calculate the descend rate for you.

It's your job to tell ATC about 5 Miles before your TOD that you are ready to descend.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

It’s good to have this option but I’d want to ATC starting to descend me appropriately on its own.

It will if you don't call in. Basically it gives you time do call in, but if you don't, it will give you a descent instruction nonetheless before you'd end up way too high.

• Like 1

Settings -> UI Sounds uncheck.

You're technically right and it would probably have wanted to vector you at the end of the STAR, yes. But you can always call "established on final" to the approach and it should hand you over to tower. Happens on Vatsim too if ATC forgets about you. Once you're "cleared for the approach" you're free to do whatever necessary to intercept the localizer.

• Like 1

Last couple of flights haven’t gone particularly well to be honest. On the way into Dublin it left me too high, no vectors and then didn’t hand me off to tower at all. Still work to do. 

Thanks for all of the comments and help!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Once you're "cleared for the approach" you're free to do whatever necessary to intercept the localizer.

So that means, I'm also allowed to descent at my discretion in order to intercept the localizer and glideslope? I'm asking, because today I did get a "cleared ILS 06" from ATC but was never cleared to descent further. Never heard from ATC again until I decided to descend without clearance to intercept the ILS. This was confusing to me, because I would have expected to get further clearances to descend down to the FAF.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

5 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

So that means, I'm also allowed to descent at my discretion in order to intercept the localizer and glideslope? I'm asking, because today I did get a "cleared ILS 06" from ATC but was never cleared to descent further. Never heard from ATC again until I decided to descend without clearance to intercept the ILS. This was confusing to me, because I would have expected to get further clearances to descend down to the FAF.

Yes. Cleared for the approach means you can descend and vector as necessary to establish the approach. The only further clearance you would need is cleared to land from the tower. 

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

2 minutes ago, haskell said:

Yes. Cleared for the approach means you can descend and vector as necessary to establish the approach. The only further clearance you would need is cleared to land from the tower.

Thanks. This is very helpful!

• Like 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT