11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

This is only correct for the US and UK. In every other region you get an initial altitude, even with a sid.

They might add that too then as an option. Although afaik they only use one set of FAA rules and one set of ICAO rules. No regional differences.

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What was your flight number? Apparently if you have a "4" in your flight number it gets confused when you read back your callsign after switching frequency (likely understand "for"...). So "Ground on 121.6, Ryanair 456" bugs out. At least that's what I read at Discord.

No it was EZY123 (super creative I know). Maybe it doesn’t like that either, mistaking 2 for „to“ or something like that. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, tup61 said:

They might add that too then as an option. Although afaik they only use one set of FAA rules and one set of ICAO rules. No regional differences.

Well but then it should always give an initial altitude outside of the US.

7 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

No it was EZY123 (super creative I know). Maybe it doesn’t like that either, mistaking 2 for „to“ or something like that. 

Probably. Honestly I thought AI voice recognition would work around that, but apparently it's the same old mistakes the Windows Speech Recognition gave me 5 years ago with P2ATC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What was your flight number? Apparently if you have a "4" in your flight number it gets confused when you read back your callsign after switching frequency (likely understand "for"...). So "Ground on 121.6, Ryanair 456" bugs out. At least that's what I read at Discord.

Definitely not true in all cases, my callsign is Walker 2457, works like a charm.

G

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

**Hotfix Update 1.0.19.EA**

- Fix for broken PTT key bindings.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

10 hours ago, rutrA said:

**Minor Update: 1.0.18.EA**

- Lots of fixes for voice recognition and spoken instructions not being understood.

- Added a new option to have BATC prefer virtual airlines if the VA shares the same ICAO code as an IRL airline.

- Added option to force Basic Voice Model to use english-based speech. Use this if you were finding it difficult to understand some accents when using the Basic Voice Model.

- "Toggle Always on Top" button changed to "Toggle Bring to Front" - when assigned and invoked will cause the application to display itself above all other applications and give it focus. Pressing the button again will send it back below other applications. Useful if you only have one monitor.

- Additional fixes with flight plans, routes and TOD calculations.

**We are aware of the connect to sim errors and are working on addressing these issues as our top priority.**

I have the "all in" version and I am confused about the voice options when selecting premium pilot voice when not using a mic.  It looks like there are just a few voice options plus guest (easy, squirrel etc) voices.  Am I missing something?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, knich said:

I have the "all in" version and I am confused about the voice options when selecting premium pilot voice when not using a mic.  It looks like there are just a few voice options plus guest (easy, squirrel etc) voices.  Am I missing something?

There is only one version so not sure what the all in version should be...? But anyway, yes, there only are a few co-pilot voices (or your Auto respons voice). There are way more ATC voices though. All in all around 200 or so, so I've heard.

Edited by tup61

My take, full of quirks and a bit clunky but full of potential. Add in traffic injection and a VR panel and it could be very good.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tup61 said:

There is only one version so not sure what the all in version should be...? But anyway, yes, there only are a few co-pilot voices (or your Auto respons voice). There are way more ATC voices though. All in all around 200 or so, so I've heard.

The "all in" version is the $60 version with all the extras. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, knich said:

The "all in" version is the $60 version with all the extras. 

It has no extra's. It is the exact same version as the 30 dollar one. Only difference is you get new features a bit earlier to test them (paid beta). Main purpose of the supporters pack is to give the dev 30 extra bucks. (That's not meant ironic btw: that is why the came up with this. Some people wanted to give extra financial support to the dev.)

Edited by tup61

Another flight from EGPF to EGLL, everything worked very well until halfway through the STAR. Again, issues with altitude clearances. There's a long thread on their Discord where people post issues with TOD and alt clearances - it's obvious this is a global issue, so hopefully it'll get fixed ASAP. In the meantime, I find descending along the published STAR altitudes even without BATC clearance doesn't do any harm and at least it doesn't trip up BATC - it just sort of rejoins you later in the process when you're actually on profile and it finally decides to clear you for a lower altitude. Not ideal but I'm sure it'll get fixed.

Another tip some might find useful - I have assigned a shortcut to "Toggle Bring to Front". Pressing once opens the BATC window over MSFS, pressing again makes it disappear and refocuses on MSFS. Saves Alt-Tabbing or Windows keying and is a neat solution until they hopefully add an in-sim panel or web-version of BATC that can be run on an iPad.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

so hopefully it'll get fixed ASAP

It wasn't fixed in the beta where this was an immediate problem already. So well, yeah...

Edited by tup61
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Another tip some might find useful - I have assigned a shortcut to "Toggle Bring to Front".

This is a new option they added today (or was it yesterday). Finally. Asked for it the entire beta. Glad it is added though.

Posted (edited)

definitely not buying this right now 🤣 I just watched 320 Sim Pilot review of it and once he got to the departure runway I was cringing while watching. This thing has a long way to go. All I could feel is my wallet being depleted of Premium Voice funds as he went off track from BATC's designed script

Edited by environmental_ice
  • Like 1