Posted (edited)

A few questions: 

1. What does Fire Action 1 actually do?
  2. Suddenly the trigger button that I use for PTT doesn’t work. Anyone else got that?

EDIT: from discord

“not sure if its only a me problem, but the new update or patch kind of messed the joystick push to talk button, its not identifying it, anybody got same issue?”

“After the last update Push to talk also did not work for me. I disconnected my joystick (USB) from PC and connected again. Started working again”

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

A few questions: 

1. What does Fire Action 1 actually do?
  2. Suddenly the trigger button that I use for PTT doesn’t work. Anyone else got that?

EDIT: from discord

Fire button selects option 1 from the interaction menu - so for example "Request Startup & Pushback" after getting clearance. It's a neat way to interact with the menu when not using voice but the FO control instead.

The PTT seems to be broken for a lot of people following the latest update. It's already being worked on for a hotfix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Fire button selects option 1 from the interaction menu - so for example "Request Startup & Pushback" after getting clearance. It's a neat way to interact with the menu when not using voice but the FO control instead.

The PTT seems to be broken for a lot of people following the latest update. It's already being worked on for a hotfix.

Thanks! I feel a bit silly for asking these questions, as I figured it out a few minutes after posting. PTT-button worked after disconnecting then reconnecting sidestick. And - the fire button is super-helpful, just tested it. That's going to make things a lot more manageable in high-workload situations. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That's going to make things a lot more manageable in high-workload situations.

Take note it always and only triggers the very first option! Which may not always be what you want! I once used that option to announce myself on frequency but noticed too late I hadn't tuned the correct frequency and so I requested something totally unwanted and ended up having to restart because of the following confusion and errors LOL

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, tup61 said:

Well, yes, you can, but you often won't know which request is at the top of the list or/and the one you need isn't at the top... It's better than nothing, that's for sure. I spend almost the entire beta getting the dev to add actual button control so I am glad he added at least this one option but it's far from complete yet. Same as the toggle for the UI. Asked for this all the time and in the end the dev added a toggle for the always on top option, which imho is rather useless. And he still thinks this is the kind of toggle I asked for... Luckily more people are requesting this so maybe someday...

Ah, good to hear! In a way I am glad they released BATC as EA because clearly more voices help to get things done...!

Looks like taken care of in the latest update:

Minor Update: 1.0.18.EA

"Toggle Always on Top" button changed to "Toggle Bring to Front" - when assigned and invoked will cause the application to display itself above all other applications and give it focus. Pressing the button again will send it back below other applications. Useful if you only have one monitor.

Edited by masaki

Stefan Ticusan

10 minutes ago, masaki said:

Looks like taken care of in the latest update:

Yep. More voices gives more results. He could have saved himself all the moaning though.

9 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Yep. More voices gives more results. He could have saved himself all the moaning though.

I watched a video by A 320 PIlot, and when he contacted delivery, he wasn't even given an altitude, is that the way this program works?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

43 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I watched a video by A 320 PIlot, and when he contacted delivery, he wasn't even given an altitude, is that the way this program works?

Yes. If the SID shows an initial altitude ATC won't call it and expect you to fly it. ATC only gives alt when there is no alt in the SID or no SID at all.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Was this in Europe? In a lot of European countries, the initial climb altitude is part of the SID and is listed on the chart, so IIRC it's not read as part of the clearance, as that would be redundant; only the name of the SID is given. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Just completed my 4th flight using BATC, from LFSB to EBBR. ATC vectored me out of Basel nicely. ATIS warned about bird activity, which was cool. Also the VORDME approach into Brussels worked fine. The only thing that was odd was that BATC didn’t understand me when I read back the Brussels ground frequency after landing. I had this before at EGLL in the exact same situation. Normally it always understands me. Other than that everything worked really well. I have to say I‘m really enjoying this program so far. 

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 minute ago, martinboehme said:

Was this in Europe? In a lot of European countries, the initial climb altitude is part of the SID and is listed on the chart, so IIRC it's not read as part of the clearance, as that would be redundant; only the name of the SID is given. 

I fly mostly in the US, and am used to Clearance giving the initial altitude. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Yes. If the SID shows an initial altitude ATC won't call it and expect you to fly it. ATC only gives alt when there is no alt in the SID or no SID at all.

This is only correct for the US and UK. In every other region you get an initial altitude, even with a sid.

13 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Just completed my 4th flight using BATC, from LFSB to EBBR. ATC vectored me out of Basel nicely. ATIS warned about bird activity, which was cool. Also the VORDME approach into Brussels worked fine. The only thing that was odd was that BATC didn’t understand me when I read back the Brussels ground frequency after landing. I had this before at EGLL in the exact same situation. Normally it always understands me. Other than that everything worked really well. I have to say I‘m really enjoying this program so far. 

What was your flight number? Apparently if you have a "4" in your flight number it gets confused when you read back your callsign after switching frequency (likely understand "for"...). So "Ground on 121.6, Ryanair 456" bugs out. At least that's what I read at Discord.

• Like 1