1 hour ago, ShadowN7 said:

You can do GA IFR but you have to use SimBrief for the flight plan.  There was one beta tester that all he did was GA IFR.  He helped them add a lot of features you need for that into the program.  One example is requesting clearance from an uncontrolled airport.

Ok.  Is there something I'm supposed to do to connect SB to BATC?  I added my Pilot ID to BATC but it says cannot reach simbrief.  I'm in the sim, in my plane.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Actually it is possible in real life, and it's the main job of controlers. In high traffic areas they continuously monitor and request speed change to grant separation, at least in Europe, during approach and also on prior center if necessary. 

Yes of course, but a reallife controller does not have a button which keeps the separation exact 3nm.

If you control it in software you can let it do whatever you want.

That is why the reallife controller gives a speed reduction or vector in the first place, to keep the separation.

In software you can just say, I never want a AI aircraft closer then 3nm to the user aircract. So you can cheat…..

19 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Very Very Basically , is it worth the ££ for someone who doesn't / hasn't got time for Vatsim and knows the default sim ATC is rubbish , but would like to do a bit of ATC interaction , and no aim not expecting miracles 😊

I think it's worth it.  Take into account that this is an ATC tool where it will work with AI traffic.  That works out to £24.  Let's see that an add-on like Sim FX is a pound more expensive.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Just wondering... I use FSLTL, but just thinking should I use FSTraffic as the ATC doesn't control the AI??  Any thoughts?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I think vectoring in correctly is the priority here. Traffic injection can wait, unless you're hunting for busy airports, background chatter should do just fine (which I think SayIntention's implementation of it is really good). But being vectored nicely into the airport is far more rewarding. 

For the me the prios are: correct approach instructions, correct instructions overall + variations, background chatter (should be simple), traffic injection.

23 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Very Very Basically , is it worth the ££ for someone who doesn't / hasn't got time for Vatsim and knows the default sim ATC is rubbish , but would like to do a bit of ATC interaction , and no aim not expecting miracles 😊

If you're flying exclusively IFR, I believe so, for 30$. 

• Like 2

Just a heads up for anyone hoping to use VKB controllers to keybind a push to talk key to.  Currently anything from VKB is bugged and doesn't work with the keybinding.  Whatever button you try to use gets recognized simply as "hat switch/up" and doesn't work.  There's currently a support thread going on their Discord for it.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Ok.  Is there something I'm supposed to do to connect SB to BATC?  I added my Pilot ID to BATC but it says cannot reach simbrief.  I'm in the sim, in my plane.

Did you go into simbrief and generate a flight plan.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

19 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Just a heads up for anyone hoping to use VKB controllers to keybind a push to talk key to.  Currently anything from VKB is bugged and doesn't work with the keybinding.  Whatever button you try to use gets recognized simply as "hat switch/up" and doesn't work.  There's currently a support thread going on their Discord for it.

Good to know. Thanks. Great joysticks but weird side effects. My system will not sleep with it turned on and I cannot use a Xbox controller at the same time. A powered hub with on/off switch on each port helps to work around these issues.

howevr

21 minutes ago, howevr said:

Good to know. Thanks. Great joysticks but weird side effects. My system will not sleep with it turned on and I cannot use a Xbox controller at the same time. A powered hub with on/off switch on each port helps to work around these issues.

never had any problems like that with my VKB's.  Most of my controllers actually do go through a powered hub, but there's no switches for each port.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

27 minutes ago, howevr said:

This happens with a lot of controllers (but not all and my VKB doesn't do it). If they send constant inputs to the Windows game controller, they don't let the computer go to sleep. As you said, powered hubs with on/off switches area good solution.

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

No, you can also click on commands/requests in the UI. I did the entire beta without even a mic attached.

Or, you can assign a key binding to "Fire Action 1", then minimize the interface. Pushing that key will select the first request/command in the UI.
No need to interact with the UI after that.

Stefan Ticusan

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

ahhh.  darn.  Is simbrief free?  I've looked at like once haha.

You can't be serious Ryan, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot. LOL

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

35 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

You can't be serious Ryan, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot. LOL

Lol that was my exact thoughts.. .. of all the people to ask that!..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, masaki said:

Or, you can assign a key binding to "Fire Action 1", then minimize the interface. Pushing that key will select the first request/command in the UI.
No need to interact with the UI after that.

Well, yes, you can, but you often won't know which request is at the top of the list or/and the one you need isn't at the top... It's better than nothing, that's for sure. I spend almost the entire beta getting the dev to add actual button control so I am glad he added at least this one option but it's far from complete yet. Same as the toggle for the UI. Asked for this all the time and in the end the dev added a toggle for the always on top option, which imho is rather useless. And he still thinks this is the kind of toggle I asked for... Luckily more people are requesting this so maybe someday...

9 hours ago, MaGer1965 said:

Regarding the more or less 'terrible' foreign accent voices in the basic model the lead dev stated a few minutes ago on discord that there will be an option 'to turn them off' in the next build.If that really happens: 👍

Ah, good to hear! In a way I am glad they released BATC as EA because clearly more voices help to get things done...!

Edited by tup61

**Minor Update: 1.0.18.EA**

- Lots of fixes for voice recognition and spoken instructions not being understood.

- Added a new option to have BATC prefer virtual airlines if the VA shares the same ICAO code as an IRL airline.

- Added option to force Basic Voice Model to use english-based speech. Use this if you were finding it difficult to understand some accents when using the Basic Voice Model.

- "Toggle Always on Top" button changed to "Toggle Bring to Front" - when assigned and invoked will cause the application to display itself above all other applications and give it focus. Pressing the button again will send it back below other applications. Useful if you only have one monitor.

- Additional fixes with flight plans, routes and TOD calculations.

**We are aware of the connect to sim errors and are working on addressing these issues as our top priority.**

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.