Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

MSFS time versus weather

I am quite new to MSFS so my question.

In live weather mode, if i move local time back by few hours, will i have weather that match time i have set, or only time will change but weather will be same as per actual local time?

• Like 1

Artur 

Posted (edited)

No, the sim does not have historical weather.

2024 will have up to 24 hours.

Edited by Tuskin38

No historic weather at this time with MSFS.  Your Live Weather will still be current time, but you can move the sim time anywhere you want.

I normally set Live Weather, then change the sim time (especially flying overseas).

Randall Rocke

14 minutes ago, RandallR said:

No historic weather at this time with MSFS.  Your Live Weather will still be current time, but you can move the sim time anywhere you want.

I normally set Live Weather, then change the sim time (especially flying overseas).

But it does not make much sense if local time is night and i move it back to day light, temperatures are so different and probably other parameters too.

MSFS is a new sim but in some areas is weaker than those much older ones ...

Artur 

1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

Did the "older ones" do historical weather?

Unfortunately that's how it is, I've got so many things running that take live weather historical makes no sense for me. Completely understand why people want it though.

I just move the time the shortest distance to get the light I want (otherwise 90% of my flights would be in the dark).

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

But it does not make much sense if local time is night and i move it back to day light, temperatures are so different and probably other parameters too.

You can use ActiveSky. It provides historical weather for MSFS. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You can use ActiveSky. It provides historical weather for MSFS. 

I have seen that after release AS had not so many positive comments, is it improved by now ?

Artur 

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

2024 will have up to 24 hours

Eventually, not upon release.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

18 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I have seen that after release AS had not so many positive comments, is it improved by now ?

Try this thread:

I have it, but only really use it when I'm somewhere/somewhen there is no live data.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Most of the negative comments came from people who had no clue how to properly use the software. 

But yes, ASFS has further improved after release.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Yes, we know....and have been clamoring for some solution for a couple of years now, if you're interested there are several big long threads about that topic.   Today as was said we now have ActiveSky ("AS").  

As for AS, in my opinion its localized depiction is superior to the MSFS Live Weather, but the MSFS Live Weather depicts distant systems (fronts, clouds, etc.) and that's also super-important.  Basically the best would be to combine both.  That may be sort-of possible to do, using AS in Passive Mode during cruise, and use AS in Live mode during climbout and landing.  

If you see criticisms of AS, in my view the only legimitate criticism would be the distant wx thing (which is on Asobo, for a limited SDK) or possibly the ten million options/UI, otherwise it's really good software if used properly as Ralf mentions.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

But it does not make much sense

Thats the reason many of us want historical weather.

And I still can't understand others don't understand 😉

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older sims didn't do that either. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Thats the reason many of us want historical weather.

And I still can't understand others don't understand 😉

You can get that in Active Sky for 24 hours.

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can get that in Active Sky for 24 hours.

Is it only 24 hours?, in P3D AS had no such limitation 

Artur