Sign in to follow this  

Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 released!

Does look good but no VC?!?!?Apparently it *might* come later?Quote:"If these (VC and DX10 models) become available, they will be provided at no additional cost for early-adopter customers."

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,They are well into the development process for the VC. We just want to be clear that people know what this is NOW. I wanted to make sure people do not feel there are any false promises should the VC take 2 months, or 6 months, etc. So being honest and saying it is being worked on is the best anyone can do, having learned from various experiences over the years.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Ok, someone should change the "if" to a "when", as it reads right now - the VC may or may not come.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest United

Oops! No VC, no purchase until it is. 2D cockpits look horrible with a TripleHead2Go system. Rats! Randy Jura, KPDX;(

Randy,Yes, you are right regarding TH2G... But there was so much demand for the way it was now. All got done except for the VC.It was not practical for them to hold it back for x months when everything else was done. So many users wanted it now. This was very evident in some European and foreign language forum groups. So it is really no harm. VC users would have gotten it around the same time anyway even if this was not released.If you want to save a bit, get the early adopters release shortly before the VC is released to save a little. Hopefully you will see some info and news as this time gets closer.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Can I just add my thoughts to ryanb's - I too read the ad to say that you *might* get the VC version, if one comes out, later. If it's certain that there'll be a VC, then definitely it should be a "when". And if not, if there's a chance it won't happen, there should be a clear statement to that effect, too - though I understand the above to mean there is definitely one intended.I'm interested - but with no VC, no sale here either. I've been a strictly FSX simmer, have never been limited to 2D only - so am not about to start. Buying early for a discount is not attractive, frankly, unless the upgrade is guaranteed (and even then I think I'd wait to see). I won't fly a 2D pit, so why buy one?

Paul Skol

Well like the man said, if people want it, they'll get it.... I am also a VC user.... The 2D panels look really nice anyhow!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

The main product was ready for release, but the VC was some period behind (not just a week or two).Many folks in some European user groups really wanted it. So it makes some sense.They could "sit" on the product for XX months, and those that knew about this product for very long would have to wait more... as it has been 4 years in development.If you do not get it now, and get the final edition, then it is all about the same anyway (if they held it back and released it all at once), except that the price will be a bit more later.It is not an ideal release method. But we are as up front as possible, and people can make their decision.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I don't think it is a good policy to release an unfinished product just because some people in foreign forums want it now. If everybody starts doing this we will start seeing airbuses without MCDU or sceneries without taxiways. I will also wait for the finished version.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I was right there!I didn't even read the product description and I had my credit card in hand, then I thought to look here first.. No purchase for me until the VC is included.

Guest rnj slinger

well, at the moment I am downloading the fokker, I have been following the project for a long time, I know that Florian Praxmarer has put a lot of effort in this one, and that there are a lot of simmers waiting for only the 2d panel.For me, I can only run fs9 with 2d panel, because my pc is not powerfull enough to run with VC. And as last, for people complaining it's without VC, wait till that one is out........Thanks Florian and Flight oneRick

>The main product was ready for release, but the VC was some>period behind (not just a week or two).>>Many folks in some European user groups really wanted it. So>it makes some sense.>>They could "sit" on the product for XX months, and those that>knew about this product for very long would have to wait>more... as it has been 4 years in development.>>If you do not get it now, and get the final edition, then it>is all about the same anyway (if they held it back and>released it all at once), except that the price will be a bit>more later.>>It is not an ideal release method. But we are as up front as>possible, and people can make their decision.>Steve, thanks for your contribution to this thread.You don't seem to realise that, this package is too expensive for just a sale of a 2D cockpit with no guaruntee of a VC.Then, to try and cajole people into buying it you state that, the *finished* product will be more expensive to new buyers so "buy now and get the VC free".This action is not conducive to attracting customers or enhancing Flight One's good name.Compare this with the ATR package and you find that this is unbelievably high priced. The ATR IS excellent value but this D.A. package is 'OTT' in my opinion.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Steve, thanks for your contribution to this thread.>>You don't seem to realise that, this package is too expensive>for just a sale of a 2D cockpit with no guaruntee of a VC.>Then, to try and cajole people into buying it you state that,>the *finished* product will be more expensive to new buyers so>"buy now and get the VC free".>>This action is not conducive to attracting customers or>enhancing Flight One's good name.>>Compare this with the ATR package and you find that this is>unbelievably high priced. The ATR IS excellent value but this>D.A. package is 'OTT' in my opinion. Hello Dave,I think most of us agree that a release with a VC would have been the best for everyone. That is unfortunately not the case...You apparently think the Digital Aviation Fokker is highly priced (which is your right to think so) but comparing it to the ATR product that has originally been released for FS9 in October 2004 is not very relevant in my opinion...I personally think that the price reduction of Flight1 for the 'early adopter' version is an excellent move. This is certainly not to 'try and cajole people into buying it' but rather to make sure you only pay for what you get right now and not for unfinished features that 'could' be delivered in the future...Also notice that there already are some screenshot of the VC available on the DA forum which is a sign that a VC is in development. I know some other companies who made you pay for a future VC and haven' t shown a single screenshot up to this day... :+I would like to suggest that you take some time to check out the numerous features of this product as you insinuate in another post that 'without VC this addon is not any better than the freeware 'Project Fokker''. This makes me think you haven't looked carefully at all the features...Although the freeware 'Project Fokker' is an excellent initiative, it cannot be compared at ALL to the Digital Aviation Fokker add-on in terms of functionality.There are actually simmers who rather think that in-depth simulation of aircraft systems (fuel, hydraulic, elec, bleed), FMC, autoland capability, flight warning computer, realistic FDE (correct attitudes and thrust settings), very detailed external model, etc, etc... are the kind of features that determine the price of an add-on.The VC is also worth some money but it will not take 4 years to develop like the sytems simulation did...If the features summarized above are of no importance to you and you are not willing to pay for them, I don't think this add-on is something for you... Let's agree to disagree then... and let's move on. :-)If you do like these features but can't get over the fact the VC is missing... just wait till the full version comes on the market. :-)Regards,SylvainEDIT: format

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004