Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sim Update 6 Beta - 1.8.10.0 released

Featured Replies

That happened to me several days ago (crashes, not loading). The cure was to not use the latest Nvidia video driver and not use the latest two dlss files (dlss Swapper). (Some of the earlier versions were just as bad, it took trial and error). And the cure worked 100%.

Version 610.47 is what I use but 595.79 is also trouble free for me.

My problems first arose at the instant of another beta release. It happened twice, with 2 beta updates.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Bunchy
    Bunchy

    I'm looking forwared the the cockpit panning stutter fix, if it ever comes.

  • It was originally only going to be the first 3 or 4 updates to fix the mess from release according to Jorg, but here we are on update 6 and they're still fixing that alongside having to fix regression

  • DD_Arthur
    DD_Arthur

    It might have been voices in my head but I seem to remember Jorge saying in the last live stream that although new features would appear, bug fixing would dominate the majority of this year's SU's. I

5 minutes ago, Fielder said:

That happened to me several days ago (crashes, not loading). The cure was to not use the latest Nvidia video driver and not use the latest two dlss files (dlss Swapper). (Some of the earlier versions were just as bad, it took trial and error). And the cure worked 100%.

Version 610.47 is what I use but 595.79 is also trouble free for me.

My problems first arose at the instant of another beta release. It happened twice, with 2 beta updates.

That's a good reason why I don't have crashes or loading issues. I don't update to the latest video or dlss drivers. When I find a great stable version, I don't change. Introduces too many unknown issues.

Bill McIntyre

Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

There is one issue I don't think that I have ever seen: "cockpit panning stutter". I pan the cockpit every flight a lot. To admire the scenery out the side windows in my GA flights. There may have been a time when I set my visual options too high and saw a stutter. But if so, I don't remember it. I have seen many issues over the years. I don't recall a stutter being introduced while panning the cockpit.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

2 hours ago, Bigmack said:

Have you tried going back to the stable 2024 release and see if you still get the CTD's? Hope you can figure things out.

Nope. Will sit this out. Cannot be too long and have enough work to do anyway these days before leaving for vacation mid August. I am sure it will be fine again - some time

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, ASUS 4070 12GB EVO, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), Rolling Cache 16GB, Photogrammetry always OFF, Live Weather and Live Traffic always ON, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

8 hours ago, Fielder said:

That happened to me several days ago (crashes, not loading). The cure was to not use the latest Nvidia video driver and not use the latest two dlss files (dlss Swapper). (Some of the earlier versions were just as bad, it took trial and error). And the cure worked 100%.

Version 610.47 is what I use but 595.79 is also trouble free for me.

My problems first arose at the instant of another beta release. It happened twice, with 2 beta updates.

Do you happen to know what DLSS version is default for SU6?

No, I don't know which.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

No, I don't know which.

After I updated to the latest beta the DLSS was Set back to .16 IIRC and then as usual I manually swapped it to DLSS latest .17.

so yes, THAT could be a reason then. Will try the default DLSS and check it

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, ASUS 4070 12GB EVO, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), Rolling Cache 16GB, Photogrammetry always OFF, Live Weather and Live Traffic always ON, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

  • Author
4 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Do you happen to know what DLSS version is default for SU6?

310.6 with 1.8.10.0

Personally, since MSFS used this 310.6, I stopped switching manually with DLSS Swapper to 310.7.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

11 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

310.6 with 1.8.10.0

Personally, since MSFS used this 310.6, I stopped switching manually with DLSS Swapper to 310.7.

thanks, just saw that too. actually, 310.1 is the original one which comes with MSFS2024, will now change to 310.6 and see whether that helps

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, ASUS 4070 12GB EVO, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), Rolling Cache 16GB, Photogrammetry always OFF, Live Weather and Live Traffic always ON, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

There is one issue I don't think that I have ever seen: "cockpit panning stutter". I pan the cockpit every flight a lot. To admire the scenery out the side windows in my GA flights. There may have been a time when I set my visual options too high and saw a stutter. But if so, I don't remember it. I have seen many issues over the years. I don't recall a stutter being introduced while panning the cockpit.

I am genuinely happy for you.

My specs are pretty good. I use 4k, DLSS quality, FG x 2 and have a 60Hz monitor, so as long as I achieve more than 30 raw FPS, I'm good, which I do easily with a mixture of ultra and high settings.

As I've said before, the only setting that makes a difference to these panning stutters is to lower the TLOD to 50, which results in blurry textures.

Even TLOD at 50 doesn't cure the issue totally. It's especially noticable when taxiing, when the yellow taxi line turns into a jagged mess about 50 metres ahead of your aircraft.

I'm coming round to use your rig!

i7 12700K , DDR4 64GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I don't remember whether this bug dates back to previous releases, but MSFS 2024 frequently fails to shut down properly, and the process has to be killed via Task Manager.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2024 (she's here, but...).

2 hours ago, DAD said:

thanks, just saw that too. actually, 310.1 is the original one which comes with MSFS2024, will now change to 310.6 and see whether that helps

Update. Could at least complete a full flight in the Fenix 319 though MSFS2024 then CTDed when standing at the Apron... anyway, will try a next one now in the iFly

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, ASUS 4070 12GB EVO, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), Rolling Cache 16GB, Photogrammetry always OFF, Live Weather and Live Traffic always ON, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 7/29/2026 at 4:22 PM, vbazillio said:

Missions

Medevac

  • Fixed the holdshort marker position after a reroute

This isn't just a medivac mission issue, I've experienced this on every mission type. So hopefully they fixed that.

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

7 hours ago, DAD said:

Update. Could at least complete a full flight in the Fenix 319 though MSFS2024 then CTDed when standing at the Apron... anyway, will try a next one now in the iFly

I'm running DLSS 310.6 and Nvidia 610.47 since SU5. Both has been very stable for me.

Bill McIntyre

Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.