Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My mouse is driving me nuts.

Featured Replies

I think I might have mentioned my problem with zooming with the mouse before, but it's really driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to fix it.

I used to be able to zoom in & out with the scroll wheel, but somehow I must have messed up the settings, cause now nothing happens when I use the scroll wheel. It's both inside and external views which is broken. and I have tried setting my General controls back to Mouse 2024 Transversal , and Airplanes controls to Mouse 2024 Planes, hoping to get the default settings back, but no such luck..

Any advice or solution will be greatly appreciated,

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

I had a similar thing not too long ago. The left button wouldnt hold and drag. followed these steps and it seemed to cure it

 
 
 
 
 
  913456

If you go into Settings > Controls and the Mouse page, you should be able to set the mouse profile back to the standard one (or make a copy of it).

If you made changes to the standard mouse profile, then MSFS would have forced you to rename it as a new profile. Which should mean that the standard profile is still there and should provide all features, including mouse wheel zooming.

Bill 😎
FS2024 • Currently enjoying : A2A Comanche 2024 & Aerostar • Black Square Commander 114, Bonanzas, Barons, C208, TBM850, Dukes • COWS DA40 & DA42 • FSW Legacy, C24R Sierra & C414 • Echo Falco F8L • Got Friends A32 Vixxen • FSReborn Sirius TL3000 • Flying Fries Gabriel 160TR • Flyboy Rans S6S • Skyward DA50RG • SWS Zenith CH701, RV-8, RV-10, RV-14 • Bagolu C172M & ICP Savannah. Currently flying IRL: Pipersport SportCruiser, Aeroprakt A32 Vixxen, Bristell Classic, Evektor SportStar, TL Sirius TL-3000, Rans S6LS
TrackIR • BeyondATC • PMS GTN Payware • RealTurb • Axis & Ohs
9800X3D • RTX 3080 • 64GB DDR5-6000
Former PPL IR, grounded by diabetes. Now UK NPPL(M)

  • Author

That's the problem cause I did create another copy, but even setting it back to the default (Mouse 2024 Transversal & Mouse 2024 Planes), it still doesn't work. If I open the EFB with the Tab key, I have no problem zooming in/out on the map. I have considered un/reinstalling MSfs2024, but I honestly don't think that will make any difference, since from what I understand, all settings are up in the cloud, and will just be copied back.

Isn't it possible to upload pictures in this group without having a website to link them from? Maybe a picture or two could better show my mouse settings?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

9 hours ago, jlund said:

Isn't it possible to upload pictures in this group without having a website to link them from? Maybe a picture or two could better show my mouse settings?

Why not just do a short Utube video?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell  PP-ASEL KDTW

When I saw your post title, I briefly thought it said, My Wife is Driving me Nuts! I jumped in thinking we had something in common! biggrin

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX4090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, LG Ultragear 48"4K, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

  • Author
11 hours ago, vonmar said:

Why not just do a short Utube video?

I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to do that, so that's out of the question, I might be able to take some screenshots of my mouse settings if I could find out how to upload them, that's as far as my computer knowledge goes. 😉

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

2 hours ago, jlund said:

I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to do that, so that's out of the question, I might be able to take some screenshots of my mouse settings if I could find out how to upload them, that's as far as my computer knowledge goes. 😉

You can create a free account here, to then be able to upload images which you can then link to Avsim: https://postimages.org

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

A mouse wheel will only zoom the cockpit view in and out if Zoom Cockpit View and Unzoom Cockpit view are assigned to the two mouse wheel direction rotations. Otherwise it will not zoom in and out with the wheel. Period.

But you have 3 different presets: General, Airplanes, and Specific. And each of those 3 can be assigned to all aircraft, or not. I use Airplanes and Specific presets titled: NONE. Those 2 presets contain no assignments at all. And then apply both to all aircraft. That way they never affect anything at all.

Next I go to the General preset and make a copy of Mouse 2024 Transversal and name it something, like maybe X. I use X when flying, so I also apply it to all. I then start changing anything on the default mouse assignments that I don't like. For instance, I don't like the cockpit view to perhaps zoom when I am trying to spin a knob on the panel. So I removed all zoom functions from the mouse wheel. To make controlling the knobs easier for me. I use buttons on my Alpha Yoke to zoom the cockpit view instead.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

I've had a problem in the last couple of days when suddenly, without pressing any buttons, my mouse is free-looking around the flight deck. Usually I have to press and hold the right mouse button, but it seems to be doing it on its own at various points of the flight. Any ideas?

AMD Ryzen™ 9 9900X3D, AM5, Zen 5, 12 Core, 24 Threads, 4.4GHz, 5.5GHz Turbo
64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 6000MHz Corsair Vengeance
32GB GeForce® RTX 5090 Graphics Card

  • Author

UPDATE: I finally figured out what the problem was, it WAS Chaseplane (probably it was my fault), just one little button Scroll to zoom was in the wrong position. But now it's working again, so all is good. :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.