Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sauviat

I Like The New Forum Set Up

It's over 2 years since I last visited the forums. I like the the new layout. Well done the Avsim Team!Sauviat, France

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The new forum main page requires less scrolling-I like it!Well done to the AVSIM team for moving all the posts over swiftly.

Great job on some sorely needed modernisation of the forums! I always found the old software a bit outdated and clumsy.

It's going to take some getting used to. Am I right in assuming that the most recent posts are at the top, or does it only look that way because I'm logged in? :( Well done anyway guys, there are some new and really useful features.Mike.

Finally an updated forum!!! Now I don't have to grind my teeth clicking linear everytime I want to read something half normal haha. Good job, thanks, and welcome to the modern world, so what's next a site redesign?

I like the forum. However, I'm so used to looking at the old one it's hard for my eyes to adjust to the new style :(

Very nice. Thanks Tom and to all of the people in the background who made this possible.

Yes, I must agree to all positive responses. The new forums are easy to navigate and a delight to my eyes. I guess that the other parts of avsim also need a revamp now :(

Yes, I must agree to all positive responses. The new forums are easy to navigate and a delight to my eyes. I guess that the other parts of avsim also need a revamp now :(
Ulf, be careful... very very careful, about what you wish for. :(

Thanks Tom-these new forums are very slick and fast, and like fs too many sliders to play with! :(

Ditto here, like the new forums and also am quite impressed with the speed. Looks like a lot of hard work went into making the transition to the new forums appear so seamless. Regards,John

Hi Sauviat,You should come and visit the French Forum too!It's a very sexy one as well!:--)

Great job! avsim the boards are really great! thanks for the hard work. :)

I like the forum. However, I'm so used to looking at the old one it's hard for my eyes to adjust to the new style :(
I second that thought Bryan, should take after the Outhouse forums.Hey Tom not everyone has 40yr old sight!! :(

Thanks Tom-these new forums are very slick and fast, and like fs too many sliders to play with! :(
:( Yes I'll second that Geof, it wasn't until I browsed around all the 85+ Categories, Library and not counting all the sub-categories and threads that are going on in the background,that one starts to realise that AVSIM is really a very remarkable website indeed, what a fantastic job Tom and your team too.

I have to say, I like the new forum as well, Great Job AVSIM! :(

I have to say, I like the new forum as well, Great Job AVSIM! :(
Second that! Very well arranged :(

I agree with everything said above, indeed great layout, thanks for your efforts. What's next, the library perhaps? he he :(

I am pleased with the new forum and am trying hard to comfortably navigate through it. There are many features waiting to be discovered. Since photography is a major interest of mine, I find the Screen Shot forum fascinating... a new art form :( Well done, Team.--Roger

Well written Roger. A new art form. :( Sorry men, I like the old forums.JimCYWG

I second that thought Bryan, should take after the Outhouse forums.Hey Tom not everyone has 40yr old sight!! :(
The new forum is quick 'N" slick, Good job Tom. My only thing is with the font colour, hard on old eyes. Regards, Douglas :(

Huge improvement for my Vista login problems! Well done!Peter Sydney Australia

I really like it. Easier to navigate, and replies are very, very easy. Thanks for the technologically- upward movement.Stan

The new forums are an absolute delight in many ways. Visually it's an improvement. Functionally, it's an improvement. Speed wise, an improvement as well.The older forum system was developed in the latter part of the 90's. It's a big relief to see that old previous century cumbersome system has finally been jettisoned. It's exciting to see that Avsim now has a 21st century forum for these 21st century times. Well done!