Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SidekickUBT

MSFS 11 Gone - Any chance to know what could have been?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Curios to know if we can find out some details about MSFS 11.; Screenshots :-)
Extremely unlikely... according to someone elsewhere, FS11 was hardly into alpha coding. I don't think there's anything to show.

Seems Microsoft Flight sim has gone.Apparantly the whole aces team have been let go.I may be wrong though.Richy

Sorry I miss read the topic title :( I agree some screenies would of been good.ThanksRichy

Curios to know if we can find out some details about MSFS 11.; Screenshots :-)Tim
I dont think that would be possibleIt was never officially announced as a release product through official channels and at the same time everyone involved is under NDA, and, with the information we now have it is possible that a small team may be put together the continue the work, therefore it in not 'dead' and those involved can not discuss anything about it even if the project was dropped.

Extremely unlikely... according to someone elsewhere, FS11 was hardly into alpha coding. I don't think there's anything to show.
Hey, OT, what airplane is that in your sig? I guess I mean where can I get it?

Hey, OT, what airplane is that in your sig? I guess I mean where can I get it?
It looks like the Alphasim Britten-Norman BN2 Islander. Still in development.

There is a freeware BN2 Islander by Marcel Kuhnt available from his website and repaints available here in the library. He also did a Trislander.

It looks like the Alphasim Britten-Norman BN2 Islander. Still in development.
If I had to guess it looks like the Aero Commander 500 by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andr

Curios to know if we can find out some details about MSFS 11.; Screenshots :-)
FS11 (Microsoft publicity shot): :(

That is so cute because FS11 eliminates the airplane, thus increasing operformance.Also, they eliminated the greedy staff to increase profit now that it does not require the coding for aircraft.Allen

That is so cute because FS11 eliminates the airplane, thus increasing performance.Also, they eliminated the greedy staff to increase profit now that it does not require the coding for aircraft.Allen

Curios to know if we can find out some details about MSFS 11.; Screenshots :-)Tim
Well, if you show up at FanCon in Dayton and buy me enough drinks, you never know what I might talk about :->Tim

Well, I'm sure screenshots are not possible, but a list of features being considered would be cool...

Well, I'm sure screenshots are not possible, but a list of features being considered would be cool...
The one thing they were known to work on was the new terrain engine possibly making best use of multi-core CPUs. However even they did not know how promising it was and whether ultimately this will find its way to FS11. It is safe to say you are not going to get any list of this kind.

no one is going to post anything about FS11.. the NDA's will never allow anything in that unless/until lifted and I doubt there is any media they would allow be posted..But as Beatle (Tim) posted.. you never know what may get discussed at Fancon I have godrays working in DX9.. just not controlled