Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuisFelizTirado

The 10 Most Popular Questions about FS

Those who have been here a while will notice that inevitably the same questions are asked over and over again.At great effort and personal sacrifice, I have scoured the copious Avsim archives in order to compile the definitive list of what you, the users, want to know. For your benefit, I also include the answers to these burning questions so that you will, once and for all, have your insatiable curiosity satisfied.So now, without further ado, here are The 10 Most Popular Questions about Flight Simulator:Number 10. How can I get rid of the Blurries?A good optician will work miracles!Number 9. What is the best freeware airplane?The one you fly until you get bored with it and ask the question all over again.Number 8. How can I make it "as real as it gets"?2 words - X-Plane!Number 7. If both pilots died, could I fly that Boeing?Why does everybody want to kill pilots just so that they can fulfill their fantasy?Number 6. What is the most dangerous airport?All airports are dangerous when both pilots have died and an FS pilot takes the controls!Number 5. How can I make FS look like Crysis?Play Crysis instead of FS!Number 4. What are the essential tweaks so that my computer can run with all sliders at max?You don't need tweaks, you need a new computer!Number 3. I misplaced my entire FS folder. Could somebody please send me a copy?I've got something even better for you, a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge, very cheap!Number 2. I see some strange artifacts. Is it my memory?Memory is the first thing to go. The second is... hmm, I forgot!And the Number 1 Most Popular Question about FS is:Is it a game or is it a sim?If I tell you, will you promise to go away?Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#11-How did the beta testers miss that one? -- surely they couldn't have...They didn't...but the beta pay is so good we have all retired to a tropical paradise like Luis! :(

Very good! You have to add "What is the best AI traffic add-on?" This gets asked on every FS forum at least twice a week.It makes me insane when someone posts this question and there's another one just two threads down.Jim

Luis - ROFLMAO! Especially like #6!!Vic

Great stuff, now you know everyone in here thinks of #7 all the time :(

I reckon Number 7 (could I land a real 747 etc....) deserves to be number 1. I'm waiting for the day a moderator just replies 'no you couldn't. Thread locked' LOL.Al

12. How can I load and edit a .mdl file in GMax (or Max or FSDS).13. Can I edit a gauge file (.gau)?Someone else can think up a humorous answer to the above. I seem to have misplaced my humor somewhere about ten projects ago... :(