Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

FSX crashes when viewing options in-game

I have been haveing this crash problem alot lately and i was close to start a job as a postman so i could snap.Trying to use the dll from the file list a few post ago, and if it works, im ready to send praise emails every day , LOL.Thanks to everyone who has been trouble shooting this problem.
Update on the earlier post..........I found that I had (somehow), gotten a Windows Media Player program (something like this) that was using over 50% of my CPU power, so I had a tech delete a bunch of worthless programs or applications and this made a world of difference in the FPS and in my controls...........and I did find that there was a double calibration causing the problem in the brakes, not a problem with the CH Products controllers!!.............and I did the FSX.cfg repair program that did a bunch of fixes............now I have lots of UT2 traffic and the FSX is running MUCH faster and smooother.............so make sure you get rid of all the worthless programs before trying to fix any of the lesser gremlins.............hope this helps some of the other frustrated simmers......B42L8

I placed the uiautomationcore.dll in my fsx folder however I'm still getting a CTD when i click on the flight button?

I placed the uiautomationcore.dll in my fsx folder however I'm still getting a CTD when i click on the flight button?
Just wanted to make sure that you did NOT delete or rename the uiautomationcore.dll in the Windows folder as this should not be touched in any way and is required by Windows 7. You just place the VISTA version as per the links in this thread into the FSX main folder.

Hi guys,I have the same kind of problem, but I'm running windows 7 32-bit and when I look in the event log it says that the error is comming from the ui.dll.I hope I've informed you enough to help me.Greets jordy

Copied the file from the download link provided on page 2 into my MAIN FSX folder, did nothing else. Fixed the problem for me.

Dear All,Just wanted to thank you all for the suggestions for fixing the problem in FSX & Windows 7 (fsx crashing when using the menubar multiple times) by copying the uiautomationcore.dll to FSX folder, it worked perfectly!! The annoying crashing after 14hrs flight when you are ending fspassenger flight, is finally solved!!! :Whew:Many thanks for all of you, this is a great Forum!:Applause:CheersSeme

As u said guys and as other forums stated , Dropping down the Vista's UIAutomationCore.dll into FSX main folder solved it perfectly , I'm running Win7 Ultimate JUST REGISTERED HERE TO BE PLEASED FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME INDIRECTLY . THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS Batting%20Eyelashes.gifTalk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif :( :( :(

Hi

Iam new here I have the same problem.

I dont understand the answere of this problem please help me :(

philipp

As u said guys and as other forums stated , Dropping down the Vista's UIAutomationCore.dll into FSX main folder solved it perfectly , I'm running Win7 Ultimate JUST REGISTERED HERE TO BE PLEASED FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME INDIRECTLY . THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS :( :( :(

What problem(s) were you encountering to throw another version of uiautomationcore.dll into your fsx folder? 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi

Iam new here I have the same problem.

I dont understand the answere of this problem please help me :(

philipp

Welcome to AVSIM.  There are several versions of this dll and you need the proper one to fix FSX Menu crashes (repeatedly hitting the fsx menus).  If you look at the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide (located under the Content tab in the AVSIM Menu), there's a link to the correct version there.  Someone several years ago said a Vista version will fix these types of crashes but no other types.  (If it fixed all fsx crashes, there would be no reason for this forum and people would not be posting here. Most people posting in this forum have the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx folder and are still reporting crashes).  The uiautomationcore.dll belongs to the Microsoft.net (dotnet) package which is used by developers to make sure their product runs properly.  Dotnet also manages memory for a program.  When you install FSX and any FSX addon, it will look for the proper version of dotnet located on your system.  If it is not there, then it will download and install the proper version on your computer.  You should have versions 1.1 thru the latest on your computer.  You can check this by looking in the Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\then the latest versions.  Since FSX is a 32 bit application, you need to have the 32 bit versions of dotnet installed even if you have a 64 bit operating system.  Dotnet packages are not backward compatible.  I personally believe problems occur mostly when individuals try to move FSX from one HDD to another without reinstalling it (thus not getting the proper versions installed).  They then run a fsx registry repair tool from Flight One to make sure all the proper entries showing where FSX is located are in the registry.  I have never had the uiautomationcore.dll installed in my fsx folder except for some testing purposes (for instance, I was getting BEX crashes earlier this year and tried the uiautomationcore.dll to see if it fixed the problem.  Of course, it did not and I removed it).  I have tried to repeatedly create a fsx menu crash w/o the uiautomationcore.dll in my main fsx folder and there has been no joy to my efforts. I don't know why I can't replicate this crash.  I personally think the crashes are caused by high settings and/or high overclocks but it works for some and that's great. I think it is strange though that it works for some and it does not for others. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Its amazing that Microsoft hasn't posted a fix for this yet...Love the after launch support lol