Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Black/disappearing textures? Some bizarre news ...

Sounds good Jackie, thanks for posting your results so far. Let us know how your test flight goes. I've been trying everything I can think of to trigger the problem, but so far, well let me not jinx it...Good Luck!Jay
I'm doing a short flight from KDFW to KLAS just to test your theory and so far so good. I'm running FSRecorder, REX, UTX, GEX, and some airport scenery to try and crash this bad boy. So far after lowering my audio settings, its running smooth as butter and i've also been jumping around to different views and its still good.- Chris Edwards

Christopher Edwards

I'm doing a short flight from KDFW to KLAS just to test your theory and so far so good. I'm running FSRecorder, REX, UTX, GEX, and some airport scenery to try and crash this bad boy. So far after lowering my audio settings, its running smooth as butter and i've also been jumping around to different views and its still good.- Chris Edwards
Chris,Great news! Thanks for posting your results. Just curious, but what audio hardware/sound driver do you have? Just want to see if we can narrow it down any further to a particular hardware/software issue.Keep testing, do everything you can think of to trigger the problem. What ALWAYS did it for me was instant replay after landing, that and ALT-ENTER. But I really never HAD to ALT-ENTER while just flying, however, instant replay is a feature I do use so it was kinda hard to avoid that one.Keep us updated if you don't mind,Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I updated my sig so you can see what hardware I'm using. I did get the black screen when I tried to view a replay last night. But the fact that I actually was able to complete a flight in VC view was satisfying. I'll keep testing.- Chris Edwards

Christopher Edwards

I updated my sig so you can see what hardware I'm using. I did get the black screen when I tried to view a replay last night. But the fact that I actually was able to complete a flight in VC view was satisfying. I'll keep testing.- Chris Edwards
Chris - You've left out details of your motherboard. Is it an Asus, by any chance?Tim

Hey guys completed my long flight and I tried eveything to duplicate the problem and so far so good. I was able to watch the replay no problem. My next test would be to fly into Fsdreamteam's JFK scenery and see how it responds.

Ha! Thanks Tim I added my motherboard. Geez what was i thinking :(
Chris,Does your sound driver allow you to reduce your settings down to 16 bit, 8000 Hz (Telephone Quality)?That setting, and the one just above it, 16 bit, 11025 Hz are bulletproof for me, so far.Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Unfortunately no it won't. The lowest I can put it is 16bit, 44100Hz (CD Quality). It is a bit more stable then when i had it at 24bit. I'm about to start a new flight but w/ a different airplane and see what happens just out of curiosity.- Chris Edwards

Christopher Edwards

We have seen similar visual glitches at Level-D. It can be fixed by reducing the DirectX Sound Acceleration. Got this step-by-step from EA. To lower your sound acceleration, do the following:1.Click Start. 2.Click Run. 3.Type in DXDIAG into the available text field, and press OK. 4.Once the DirectX Diagnostic tool has loaded, click on the Sound tab. a.This tab will show you your sound device and drivers. b.Warning: Should this tab be blank, refer to your computer manufacturer for the proper sound drivers.5.In the DirectX Features section, adjust the slide bar from where it is currently to Basic acceleration. c.Warning: This may disable advanced audio features which worked previously in other games. Should you notice a negative change in any other game, simply change the acceleration level back to where it was or to Full Acceleration.6.Click the Exit button. 7.Start your program, and verify that the game now works properly.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Daryl now that sounds like a solution. This may explain why when Dx10 is enabled the black screen does not happen. Hope this is the fix.

We have seen similar visual glitches at Level-D. It can be fixed by reducing the DirectX Sound Acceleration. Got this step-by-step from EA. To lower your sound acceleration, do the following:1.Click Start. 2.Click Run. 3.Type in DXDIAG into the available text field, and press OK. 4.Once the DirectX Diagnostic tool has loaded, click on the Sound tab. a.This tab will show you your sound device and drivers. b.Warning: Should this tab be blank, refer to your computer manufacturer for the proper sound drivers.5.In the DirectX Features section, adjust the slide bar from where it is currently to Basic acceleration. c.Warning: This may disable advanced audio features which worked previously in other games. Should you notice a negative change in any other game, simply change the acceleration level back to where it was or to Full Acceleration.6.Click the Exit button. 7.Start your program, and verify that the game now works properly.
DarylDisabling sound acceleration was one the first things I thought of, ages ago (along with disabling any other kind of acceleration I could think of). The trouble is that the DXDiag applet no longer lets you turn off the sound accleration (on my PCs with Vista onwards, anyway). This is with a variety of sound drivers, including so-called WHQL ones. So you could well be right - but unless or until we get back the ability to disable sound acceleration, it's not a viable solution.Incidentally, I'm sorry you've been getting this problem with the 767X: it's always been absolutely reliable for me.Tim

Incidentally, I'm sorry you've been getting this problem with the 767X: it's always been absolutely reliable for me.
It happens with a very small percentage of users.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Daryl-Thanks for the info- I'm going to hit you privately by email to trade some information with you...(Which is different than hitting you in the privates by email...) :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Everyone having this issue - what exact sound chipset are you using? I'd like to see if there's some sort of commonality here (Soundmax vs. Realtek is what I'm thinking) - I have a Realtek chip on my mobo and I've never seen this, saw others mentioning Soundmax... Everyone's sound drivers are up to date too? (Soundmax updates will be at the mobo maker's site, Realtek posts drivers themselves at http://www.realtek.com.tw and they're updated on a nearly weekly basis, I usually update every 3 or 4 revisions or so, I honestly have no idea what they're changing that often...)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Everyone having this issue - what exact sound chipset are you using? I'd like to see if there's some sort of commonality here (Soundmax vs. Realtek is what I'm thinking) - I have a Realtek chip on my mobo and I've never seen this, saw others mentioning Soundmax... Everyone's sound drivers are up to date too? (Soundmax updates will be at the mobo maker's site, Realtek posts drivers themselves at http://www.realtek.com.tw and they're updated on a nearly weekly basis, I usually update every 3 or 4 revisions or so, I honestly have no idea what they're changing that often...)
Ryan -Mine's a Soundmax. I have also tried with a Creative Labs X-Fi card but I suspect that they share similar technology at hardware and/or driver level.Here are the Hardware Ids reported by the Device manager: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438334&REV_1003HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438334The manufacturer reported by the Device Manager is Analog Devices. But the card was supplied as part-and-parcel of my Asus Rampage Extreme motherboard. The Analog Devices website offers no support to end users.I will look into getting a Realtek card in the next week or so, and see if this makes a difference.Tim