Sign in to follow this  
fsape

My Citation X 2.0 Extreme impressions

Your's, but now that I thnk about it, every female I've ever seen in FSX planes is ugly! Maybe I need to change my standards! NAAaawww!
You do realize that you've just insulted the real life WIFE of the CX's modeler, right?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Part of us bringing back civility to the forums is hunting down those that willfully and vigorously violate not only the terms of use, but also the spirit of these forums. You're too good to let nonsense comments like the aformentioned draw you into a defensive mode. To the author of those comments, I submit that you're opinion is perfectly valid, but just one of many on both sides of the aisle. I don't find anything "inexcusable" about this product, which I do not have to own in order to determine. We've been through these debates more times than I wish to remember with Captain Sim, Abacus, Carenado, and others. One member called the release of the PMDG MD-11 inexcusable, but I'm more than certain most would disagree with that statement, and I think it's fair to say that many disagree here as well. There's really no need to pile on the adjectives when disapproving of a product. I think the point could have been made without "inexcusable", "terrible", "not pretty", and "unpleasent".......seems like a little much. Perhaps a friendly chat with the developer(s) of a product would go a lot further towards advancing the debate so that we can all participate in a welcoming environment. The need to be civil applies to both sides.As to the important point - Why would I want to live close to Geof? He's about to be playing in the snow while I go to the beach :( . I offered him to come take the G58 out for a cruise but he couldn't find the time with his busy schedule of sled riding and building snowmen.
Ha ha, important point to be sure. I thought we had it bad in south central Illinois until I looked up Geofs location. Flew into Willow Run one winter with a charter pilot buddy in a B58 and like to froze from the plane to the FBO and back. Felt sorry for the line guys. Gotta admit to a little envy over your location. Nice city. If we get down that way this winter I may try to look you up. :(
You would usually be right-but right now we are in the 60's and sun-like your "winters".However,the snow/ice stuff will come-it always does-but then I'll be in Florida for two weeks of it-so you better order some good weather then-I insist on it and if not it will be "inexcusable" , "terrible" "not pretty" and "unpleasant"! :-lol
Ha ha, same here Geof. The midwest fall is really nice so far but we know what's just around the corner. Here's to something Jeremy can't claim..white christmas. :(
You do realize that you've just insulted the real life WIFE of the CX's modeler, right?
Bill, even Bob would admit that his modeling does not do justice to Diannes actual beauty. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Bill, even Bob would admit that his modeling does not do justice to Diannes actual beauty. :(
Having met the lovely Dianne, I'll grant you that, but the comment really was in rather poor taste.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ha ha, same here Geof. The midwest fall is really nice so far but we know what's just around the corner. Here's to something Jeremy can't claim..white christmas. :(
I sure can. All the family lives up in Ohio. It's kind of like those with grand kids. They get to enjoy the kids, than push them off on the parents. I get to enjoy a white Christmas, than go home to the beach. Probably be taking a train home if Geof finds out which airport I fly into.*EDIT* Easy there Bill. I'm sure he didn't know.......I didn't. Then again I don't know much anyway.

Probably just me being oversensitive and tired.."I don't care how in depth the systems are - releasing such a terrible VC is inexcusable, especially when it's not even friendly on FPS. And by terrible, I don't just mean 'not pretty' - it's unpleasant to use."This illustrates what I meant but like I said, probably just me and another poor choice of words..Now that sounds like a blast. I know your location but is Jeremy close by?Edit: never mind, just noticed his forum signature.. :(
Hi Ron,I always appreciate folks in the business responding back to threads especially tough ones like these. While I understand that an extremely detailed VC can be cost prohibitive, how do you plan on competing in the future? While system modeling and a well done external model are great points in the product, many companies have raised the bar on the whole package including the VC. As a side note, I have spent a LOT of money supporting great companies like yours and I am hoping that you have a bright financial future.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Hi Ron,I always appreciate folks in the business responding back to threads especially tough ones like these. While I understand that an extremely detailed VC can be cost prohibitive, how do you plan on competing in the future? While system modeling and a well done external model are great points in the product, many companies have raised the bar on the whole package including the VC. As a side note, I have spent a LOT of money supporting great companies like yours and I am hoping that you have a bright financial future.
Thanks for the kind words Scott. I just took another look at the VC myself and can see some areas that can be spruced up. In addition, our friend Chuck Jodry has offered his assistance as well. What that means to customers is that we will make every effort to include any improvements we can reasonably make to the package available in the afforementioned Hotfix 1.1.Again, many thanks for your support and patience in these matters.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for the kind words Scott. I just took another look at the VC myself and can see some areas that can be spruced up. In addition, our friend Chuck Jodry has offered his assistance as well. What that means to customers is that we will make every effort to include any improvements we can reasonably make to the package available in the afforementioned Hotfix 1.1.Again, many thanks for your support and patience in these matters.
Now to me this it is about. Having developers communicate with simmers in a positive way brings about a better situation for everyone...Now if I can just get a developer to do a B55 Baron!

Guest PPSFA
Im positive that she is much better looking in person! If thats the best he can do modeling humans, I hope he sticks to airframes. (only on the internet could someone actually equate my comment with a real life person). I think it's time someone modeled a sence of humor, there is a huge maket out there! :(

Thanks, Ron...such consideration to making a terrific product even better is much appreciated. I know nothing's promised, but thanks for at least considering some of the (hopefully) constructive criticism.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

my only complaint with the CX 1.0 was the low resolution textures. Now that seems to be fixed
Pls elaborate how it is fixed? Anyone?Thanks,Dirk.

Thanks, Ron...such consideration to making a terrific product even better is much appreciated. I know nothing's promised, but thanks for at least considering some of the (hopefully) constructive criticism.
No problem Rudi, we do consider user feedback and try to adjust accordingly. :(
Now to me this it is about. Having developers communicate with simmers in a positive way brings about a better situation for everyone...Now if I can just get a developer to do a B55 Baron!
Geof, we would love to do your plane..the challenge for us is to have enough time to look up from the grindstone long enough to plan and schedule.Folks have no idea how many balls we have in the air rightnow. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Im positive that she is much better looking in person! If thats the best he can do modeling humans, I hope he sticks to airframes. (only on the internet could someone actually equate my comment with a real life person). I think it's time someone modeled a sence of humor, there is a huge maket out there! :(
Ha ha. You hit the nail on the head right there!Reminds me of the blonde joke: Two blondes were standing on each side of the river, blonde1 calls to the other and says "how do you get to the other side?" and blonde2 says you already are on the other side. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I sure can. All the family lives up in Ohio. It's kind of like those with grand kids. They get to enjoy the kids, than push them off on the parents. I get to enjoy a white Christmas, than go home to the beach. Probably be taking a train home if Geof finds out which airport I fly into.*EDIT* Easy there Bill. I'm sure he didn't know.......I didn't. Then again I don't know much anyway.
Ha Ha, no need for the train. Geof can fly you home while you live up to your signature in the right seat and then make him take the train back home. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ha Ha, no need for the train. Geof can fly you home while you live up to your signature in the right seat and then make him take the train back home. :(
Sounds like a plan-via another thread- I think I deserve Jeremy's plane-after all it is much nicer than mine...

Guest mlg33

Hello,just try to stay focus on the subject please. We do not want another ERJv2 closed thread. Thanks. I might be interested in that CX v2 but something is annoying me. I noticed that "a registered version of FSUIPC" is mandatory for a proper FADEC operation. I don't have FSUIPC, not a registered one, just the free version of it, and I don't want to pay 30 more euros to be able to use the CXv2 completly.Am I right ??(still waiting for some screens of that VC)