Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trisager

Simcheck Airbus

The Simcheck A300 has been released: http://simchecksoftware.com/It will be another five weeks before I can buy it (my flightsim PC and I are currently about 3,000 nm apart :( ), but I'd really like to hear about pros and cons from anyone who has bought it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

...but I'd really like to hear about pros and cons from anyone who has bought it.
Same here. Can't afford it at the moment but am looking forward to hearing what others have to say.

Does anyone know if this great looking Airbus comes with a 2d panel? For some reason I thought it was virtual cockpit only.Cheers, Pete

http://simchecksoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=70.0A post in their forum says it will have a widescreen 2D panel. Not sure if it was included with the release or not.
Yes, it installs with a 2d panel. So far it's sounding beautiful, handling well and looking pretty nice. The only thing that could be better is the documentation. The documents don't really have system descriptions!

Yes, it installs with a 2d panel. So far it's sounding beautiful, handling well and looking pretty nice. The only thing that could be better is the documentation. The documents don't really have system descriptions!
Ah, an owner. I'd be interested in hearing how it performs (framerate wise), and how in-depth the systems simulation is. Maybe a few shots in the screen shot forum, or here if you wish. I'm using Thomas Ruth's freware A300-600R right now, but could be persuaded to give this one a shot.

When I go to the link at Aerosoft, all I see is "Artikel wurde nicht gefunden..." Strange that the item cannot be found! :(

When I go to the link at Aerosoft, all I see is "Artikel wurde nicht gefunden..." Strange that the item cannot be found! :(
This is great news. This has been in the works for a very long time. If anyone is looking for detailed documentation on the actual aircraft, take a look at www.smartcockpit.com and drill-down the menus on A300/310. There is more than enough in the flight crew operating manuals there. Most of the documents at this site are for A310 and A300-600. You'll get 40 pages of electrical systems alone. 62 pages of navigation, 113 pages on flight instruments, guidelines for various landing configurations, and a lot more. Good luck to all!Keith

That is interesting. I searched Aerosoft for "A300" and found it just fine, but when I tried to post the link here it didn't work.

Ah, an owner. I'd be interested in hearing how it performs (framerate wise), and how in-depth the systems simulation is. Maybe a few shots in the screen shot forum, or here if you wish. I'm using Thomas Ruth's freware A300-600R right now, but could be persuaded to give this one a shot.
About as FPS friendly as the MD11 from PMDG if not even better. I'll give some more opinions and images later!

Okay did some more flying and definitely the best addon for FSX available! The quality price ratio is definitely good. Systems seems to be very complete unfortunately rather limited manuals. Sounds incredible! I especially love the elevator trim sound! Autopilot extremely smooth!<ALL IMAGES OVER 1024 X 768 SIZE LIMIT>P.S.I hope there are no restrictions on the image size on these forums!

Ohdeari can feel my wallet tightening when i think about buying this, not that its over priced, just i cant resist this over other things in life.i may wait till payday then treat myself for being good!!!!As an aside, im curious to know, as this is an older airbus, does it feature the regular airbus callouts, i.e. 100 above, retard, etc, etcTom

Has it got an FMS?, the screenshots at Aerosoft doesn't show one
No, it has an INS/CDU. From the product description page: "The A300B4-200 series is a first generation Airbus with analogue steam-gauges and a (for that time) advanced autopilot. Some of the current operators have made cockpit upgrades based on various GPS systems where the ADI was replaced with an EADI, the HSI replaced with an ND, the CDU replaced with a (basic) FMS. We have not simulated these upgrades as they where not included in the original aircraft!"

No, it has an INS/CDU. From the product description page: "The A300B4-200 series is a first generation Airbus with analogue steam-gauges and a (for that time) advanced autopilot. Some of the current operators have made cockpit upgrades based on various GPS systems where the ADI was replaced with an EADI, the HSI replaced with an ND, the CDU replaced with a (basic) FMS. We have not simulated these upgrades as they where not included in the original aircraft!"
Thanks

I hope there are no restrictions on the image size on these forums!
Yep, 1024 X 768, 200K. Rules are in my signature. You can feel free to resize and put them back in this thread if you wish.

Okay did some more flying and definitely the best addon for FSX available! The quality price ratio is definitely good. Systems seems to be very complete unfortunately rather limited manuals. Sounds incredible! I especially love the elevator trim sound! Autopilot extremely smooth!
What addons are you comparing it to? Better than, say, a CS757, or better than a PMDG MD-11? :( Cheers, SLuggy

What addons are you comparing it to? Better than, say, a CS757
That really wouldn't take much. I certainly hope it would be better than that.I am strongly considering purchasing this Airbus. I'm waiting to see how quickly they fix the few issues that people have brought up. If they address them in a timely manner, this one'll be mine. :(

My only gripe with the aircraft is the lighting effects. Turning on the cockpit lights triggers every external light effect (wing lights splash, landing lights splash, logo lights ect) no matter if they are switched on or not.The dome light switch is clickable in the VC but has no effect, and switching on landing, wing or logo lights with the cockpit lights off has no effect on the external model.This may be inconsequential to some but for the price I would like it fixed.Systems wise the aircraft is great, and its about as easy on frames as the LevelD 767.

My only gripe with the aircraft is the lighting effects. Turning on the cockpit lights triggers every external light effect (wing lights splash, landing lights splash, logo lights ect) no matter if they are switched on or not.The dome light switch is clickable in the VC but has no effect, and switching on landing, wing or logo lights with the cockpit lights off has no effect on the external model.This may be inconsequential to some but for the price I would like it fixed.Systems wise the aircraft is great, and its about as easy on frames as the LevelD 767.
What is it about night lighting these days. No dark cockpit in the Feel There Embraers V2. Night lighting here is squirly. So disapointing to have a good package brought down by this.

What is it about night lighting these days. No dark cockpit in the Feel There Embraers V2. Night lighting here is squirly. So disapointing to have a good package brought down by this.
Could not agree more! I was looking at purchasing this or the ERJ V2 but will pass on both because of this fault alone.

Lack of effort by developers, I believe.
I think it has more to do with FSX limitations than "lack of effort". See this explanation from one of the simcheck developers: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...st&p=206886For me personally, I could not care less what the exterior lights do, as I never see them. I treat FSX as a cockpit-based flight simulator not an external screenshot simulator. I would not sacrifice even 1 fps or 1 extra working switch or system to have fancy external lighting effects. But, thats why different products cater to different types of users... Anyhow, I have bought the simcheck airbus, but I have not yet had a chance to fly it. It looks like it will be a wonderful aircraft, and one of the very very few properly simulated classic airliners.