Sign in to follow this  
bojote

[HOW TO] Fixing dissapearing textures - The real FIX!

What better week to post a 'Holy' grail Fix, I call it the Holy Grail of FSX stability... ;)Here you go, the 'short' version... (people hate it when I get technical)simply add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the graphics section of your fsx.cfg file, like this:[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1never ever a building, object or VC textures will dissapear... enjoy.

What does it do?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What does it do?
It fixes the dissapearing texture/menu/objects/buildings in FSX. Sorry, this post is non-technical, if you want to know the details, look in the PMDG forums where I already posted a full technical explanation. *This* post objective is to simply share the info.

What better week to post a 'Holy' grail Fix, I call it the Holy Grail of FSX stability... ;)Here you go, the 'short' version... (people hate it when I get technical)simply add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the graphics section of your fsx.cfg file, like this:[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1never ever a building, object or VC textures will dissapear... enjoy.
Not quite the "Holy Grail" fix. It still does not fix the bug in SP 2, where when Autogen is turned off, buildings disappear depending on the view angle and/or type of view. The way to see the bug is to set yourself up at South Lake Tahoe airport, runway 36. Switch between spot view and VC view, or simply taxi down the runway while panning the view angle. The airport buildings will vanish and reappear.This probably doesn't seem like a big deal for those who use autogen. Yet when flying over photoreal scenery, such as what's generated by Tileproxy, autogen does not appear. No autogen=disappearing buildings, regardless of this tweak.-John

The airport buildings will vanish and reappear
defiinitely not related to the 'bug' HIGHMEMFIX fixes. However, you say it only happen when autogen is set to off?? why not use sparse?

I put in this line as suggested, and just flew my first session ever (in DX9) without texture flashing. I was having textures disappear and flash white. I don't know if I just got lucky, but I've never flown 30 minutes before without at least some flashing, until now. So fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up.

defiinitely not related to the 'bug' HIGHMEMFIX fixes. However, you say it only happen when autogen is set to off?? why not use sparse?
Because when Tileproxy or photoreal scenery is used, regardless of the autogen setting, autogen is not present. It's the absence of autogen that causes the bug to happen. I spend a great deal of time flying with Tileproxy, hence the impact of this bug on my simming w/ SP 2. -John

What does it do?
...it is the master switch for the turbo-encabulator.In essence it reduces sinusoidal depleneration. :(no offense to FS tuners ...just a little joke :)Danny

...it is the master switch for the turbo-encabulator.In essence it reduces sinusoidal depleneration. :( no offense to FS tuners ...just a little joke :)Danny
I hope I never hear a doctor utter those words just before going under for a colonoscopy. Straight%20Face.gif

I hope I never hear a doctor utter those words just before going under for a colonoscopy. Straight%20Face.gif
:( here's the video...

Does this fix have any impact on or will it be affected by BUFFERPOOLS=0? (or will it cause too many contrafibularities?)

Guest Shockwave

As one of the biggest skeptics of many of the latest "tweaks" Instead of just being a bit rude, Please just go into the PMDG thread and test it and then leave objective comments.Bejote has worked long and hard on this for everyones behalf, and though it might not be a sure fire 100% fix, -->it is a big improvement.

Works like a charm. Please make this sticky, it ended months of dispair and trial and error for em.

Why not add a link to that PMDG-thread, because I can't find it. I never understand it when people say 'go there' but don't tell where... :(

Why not add a link to that PMDG-thread, because I can't find it. I never understand it when people say 'go there' but don't tell where... :(
it's pinned in the general section of pmdg forumshttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...0688&st=100Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).