Sign in to follow this  
Scope

Where is the backdrop taken

neutrino, do you happen to have Google Earth installed? Maybe you could post a birds shot.

neutrino, do you happen to have Google Earth installed? Maybe you could post a birds shot.
That would be cool, but I don't have it :(

Neutrino, don't be too sure that this image is out of MS Flight. I highly doubt it! This is just a teaser shot. It could be also real world shot which was edited and retouched to be looking like a computer image (or the other way round). Never believe such marketing images. When I remember what MS showed us before FS 2000 and FS 2002 came out. Back then the teaser shots looked like real world pics, they looked much better what FSX is looking today. They had nothing to do how FS2000 and FS2002 then really looked like.Wolfgang

Awesome thanks!Most likely it is in-game. The question is how photoshopped it is? 98% or 10% LOL.gif Picture an imaginative AVSIM artist with FSX, add-on scenery, Photoshop, and unlimited coffee.It’s all in a day’s work for someone like that.But, sure it’s not strictly ‘in-game’ anymore.The only indication I can see of the game, as neutrino pointed out, is the land class is miss-interpreted* next to the highway.If you zoom in on a real photo map you’ll see why it’s become ‘forest’.*there are other explanations...like MS composited part of a photo from 1987 :)- or it was simply airbrushed for artistic reasons.

The cloud cover hides some of the stuff in the Kinloch area of the MS background as looking at the Google Earth pic, there are no houses in that area, we just can't see that in the MS pic. Shadows are playing tricks on us. Still, the roads that are visible can be discerned rather well. That includes Interstate 170 at the I-70 interchange. The Scudder Ave. exit sticks out like a sore thumb as does US 76 in the upper part of the pic. MS may have played with a real pic to give it a softer look to make it appear that it is in game, but they didn't hide anything that I can see to change where the pic is from.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

I'm disappointed in you Rhydian!! :(
Oh....{something rude] I'm 100% wrong!!!... and I was so sure :(. It certainly looks like KSTL. And there was me thinking Microsoft was going to make a niche within a niche within a niche "Fly around the UK flight simulator":( I'll get my coat!RhydianP.S @Terrence. Have faith. I'll be 100% right in something, some day... Unfortuantley it doesn't happen very often!B)

MS may have played with a real pic to give it a softer look to make it appear that it is in game, but they didn't hide anything that I can see to change where the pic is from.
Wish this is in-game, Mike. Then we would finally get the cloud shadows on the ground. See the sunny spots right of the airport?Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Funny is that on the MS image the freeware in the foreground is at a more or less 90° angle to the runways, whereas on the realy wolrd pics it is not at all.Wolfgang

Guest comma

Hi all,It's a real world picture with fakes 3D clouds photoshoped above it.No doubt about it if you look at the lights and shwadows variations in the background, and lights variations on the buildings. This is a photo picture.Stop dreaming and stop loosing time on this product wich might not been release from a year or two, or maybe never.Go work first and play FSX on your spare time.Enjoy.Comma

Hi all,It's a real world picture with fakes 3D clouds photoshoped above it.No doubt about it if you look at the lights and shwadows variations in the background, and lights variations on the buildings. This is a photo picture.Stop dreaming and stop loosing time on this product wich might not been release from a year or two, or maybe never.Go work first and play FSX on your spare time.Enjoy.Comma
Amen! Exactly my thoughts!Wolfgang

It's fun to speculate :biggrin:And as more information is released it's only going to get worse...much much much worse

Well I am going to take a position counter to the last two posters ...... have fun, speculate, make lists, and dream about what the next MSFS might be.  Its all apart of being an flight sim enthusiasts.  My only caution is for us to remain civil and kind to each other during this fun phase.

Why so negative? I'm just glad we're getting a new simulator, that I'm sure will be mind blowing

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.