Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hirgab

Awesome bloom...how to get it?

This youtube video (link below) has awesome looking bloom for the sky, I am curious as to how I can achieve this? Looks really awesome. I downloaded the bloom enb files from the avsim library, but it messes up my night-time textures for some reason.

Hi Hirgab,All you need to do is adjust the enbseries.ini file to your liking. If you like the settings in the video, maybe you could ask him/her for the settings they are using. Then just copy and past into your enbseries.ini file.

This youtube video (link below) has awesome looking bloom for the sky, I am curious as to how I can achieve this? Looks really awesome. I downloaded the bloom enb files from the avsim library, but it messes up my night-time textures for some reason.

Hi Hirgab,All you need to do is adjust the enbseries.ini file to your liking. If you like the settings in the video, maybe you could ask him/her for the settings they are using. Then just copy and past into your enbseries.ini file.
Hi Mike,Would you know what I need to play with specifically to fix the blurriness/discolouration/pixelation in my night-time textures? Basically, my night-time textures becomes very pixelated when using the enbseries file. I have the ATI HD 5970.

Hirgab,You could start with NickN's bloom settings here http://www.simforums.com/forums/enb-bloom-mod-nicks-cOnfig-settings_topic32482.html . He also explains what some of the settings do so that you can figure out how to tune it better to your liking. Also the fellow over at Flightbeam.net posted his bloom settings you could try if you like the looks of his screen shots. John at ORBX has posted his bloom setting as well at fullterrain.com.Lastly, if you do a search for bloom here on Avsim, a lot of people have posted settings you could try as well.

They look familiar. Check at the REX forums for these settings. Tim had some nice settings but they made everything a little too blue for me. These are very similar to his. I would post the .ini info but he also included a couple other files. I am not sure if he edited them.

Here is the ini file I am using. I found the standard one just too strong and toned down quite a few settings. If anyone else would like to try it, I would be interested in any feedback.IAN[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=44KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=70ChromePower=70UseCurrentFrameReflection=1ReflectionQuality=1ReflectionSourceSpecular=30ReflectionSourceTFactor=30UseAdditiveReflection=1ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=1ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=1EnvBumpAmount=70EnvBumpOffset=70ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=4BloomFadeTime=400BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=55BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=20BloomConstantNight=2BloomCurveNight=0BloomScreenLevelNight=25BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=30BloomAdaptationMultiplier=40BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=90[sSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=25BrighteningLevel=18IlluminationLevel=27AdditiveIlluminationLevel=23UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=40UseForAlphaTest=0UseForAlphaBlend=0[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=25ScreenLevelDay=60ScreenLevelNight=1DarkeningAmountNight=11GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=-2ColorSaturationDay=2ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=10WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=30ShadowFadeEnd=70ShadowAmountDay=80ShadowAmountNight=30ShadowScreenLevelDay=50ShadowScreenLevelNight=20ShadowQuality=1UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=2ShadowBlurRange=25[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=1MaxAnisotropy=16ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=1MotionBlurVelocity=0MotionBlurRotation=0[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=75SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=80SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=80[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=2DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=55DOFBlurinessRange=10

Can someone please post a link to john at ftxs bloom settings?? Im trying to find them and am coming up empty.

Create an account here:http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.phpThen do a search.

John's settings look really nice scenery wise, but it is a little too dark for my taste. What settings "lighten" up the darkness?

Actually this is FS9 so it's not an internal bloom effect.

Guest JamesMc
John's settings look really nice scenery wise, but it is a little too dark for my taste. What settings "lighten" up the darkness?
You can try playing with these numbers.[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=30ScreenLevelDay=70ScreenLevelNight=1DarkeningAmountNight=15GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=-2ColorSaturationDay=1ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0

I have tried Nick's and FTX's settings, but I am still getting strange pixelated discoulouration when it's dusky/night outside. I have played with the numbers for night darkening, but that didn't do anything. Would anyone know what else I would need to play with? Would really like to have bloom but I just can't get the night/dusk bloom working. I guess one way would be to have morning bloom but leave dusk/night bloom as FSX default, is that possible or is it all or nothing?

Guest wims

You can turn the ENBSeries mod on and off with SHIFT-F12 IIRC. Might be CTRL-F12