Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

So how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...

I agree with the sim stuff. I had the opportunity to have ERJ-145 level D sims readily available....albeit at odd hours of the night to get used to an RJ. The only cool thing about the visuals is the weather and lighting effects. Everything is very basic. All I have to say is Wilco did a stand up job on there v2 of the erj 50 seaters.
Wilco had nothing to do with it. Feelthere is the dev.

Eric 

Wilco had nothing to do with it. Feelthere is the dev.
Yeah you are right...total mistake...

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

All I have to say is Wilco did a stand up job on there v2 of the erj 50 seaters.
the ERJv2s are very nice to fly. Great avionics. The FMS is done very well, and handles RNAV approaches about as good as is available. The lighting in the VC has a lot left to be desired, and there are a few buttons and switches that cannot be clicked, not a full on sim, but fun to fly nonetheless. Probably the best regional jet add on you can find at the moment.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Now that we know more here,Lets hope no one has anything negative to say about the new 737NGX or there might be a knock at your front door from the Secret Service.LOL JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

AHA !!!! So..... PMDG dont really have a "special" relationship with Boeing !! Mrs. Randazzo is a "cleaning lady" :( @ Boeing HQ.
Not to get off topic, but c'mon that was pretty good. :(

I have few questions! Will b737ngx be shareable, and if it will, will it be possible to share cockpit on vatsim?Will there be Airberlin livery??Thank you!

I have few questions! Will b737ngx be shareable, and if it will, will it be possible to share cockpit on vatsim?Will there be Airberlin livery??Thank you
They are planning to make it shared cockpit,and i am pretty sure if air berlin have ngx, then pmdg will paint it

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

No, unless....:(

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

the ERJv2s are very nice to fly. Great avionics. The FMS is done very well, and handles RNAV approaches about as good as is available. The lighting in the VC has a lot left to be desired, and there are a few buttons and switches that cannot be clicked, not a full on sim, but fun to fly nonetheless. Probably the best regional jet add on you can find at the moment.
I agree with your statement about the lighting. I don't.know where they got the colors from. The logic is weird too. When it comes to the buttons, i have noticed that they are mainly buttons that are only used for abnormals. Fire handles and fire tests fall into this category. Everything else is done pretty well. Sounds are spot on and the airplane handles and flies for the most part like the real deal. I do have issues with the electomechanical gust lock. That thing acts nowhere near the real one. The feelthere version also feels like it holds on to lifr to long in the flare relative to the real plane. And it feels to overpowered on the ground with both engines runnig and to underpowered with only one engine running. The erjs are pretty easy to get rolling on one engine even with 75% load capacity.

Matt kubanda

will there be weather radar??
PMDG has stated that they're not going to implement a weather radar smile.gif This is due to fsx limitations. It would not be reallistic, and that is why they are not doing it.Ps. Sorry if I sounded rude en my first reply smile.gif

NO, and I think PMDG are a little tired of this question. :) Try the searh button another time.. PMDG will not implement the WXR because it is not possible to make it reallistic due to fsx limitations!!!
I love the friendliness of this forum. Er all dansker lige så venlige?

I love the friendliness of this forum. Er all dansker lige så venlige?
It was'nt ment to be rude, but after reading my post again, I see it seems that way, sorry biggrin.gif I just edit the post :)

I agree with your statement about the lighting. I don't.know where they got the colors from. The logic is weird too. When it comes to the buttons, i have noticed that they are mainly buttons that are only used for abnormals. Fire handles and fire tests fall into this category. Everything else is done pretty well. Sounds are spot on and the airplane handles and flies for the most part like the real deal. I do have issues with the electomechanical gust lock. That thing acts nowhere near the real one. The feelthere version also feels like it holds on to lifr to long in the flare relative to the real plane. And it feels to overpowered on the ground with both engines runnig and to underpowered with only one engine running. The erjs are pretty easy to get rolling on one engine even with 75% load capacity.
Yhea, that gust lock is worthless on the plane, and I do think there is too much lift on the plane, I see it on both take off and the flare, but it still is a lot of fun to fly. If anyone is looking for a regional jet, the ERJv2 is what I recommend, as you get three different varients (yet I only fly the 145LR).But yes, I do not want to give the impression that improtant buttons are not in. Some light buttons (again, the lights in the VC are just wack, you cannot fly this thing at dawn/dusk in the VC), but the APU is modeled, the hydrolics, fuel system, its all there. No fail system, which I guess they could get away with the non-functional buttons, it does try to sim a Wx Radar, which is not useful, but they do get the hard parts right, like the FMS. It is pretty well simulated, you can put in a route to your alternate, update it with Navigraph, supposedly simulates the "Learn" function these FMS have (hard to tell if it works), put in all the other preflight conditions that you tend to see in these FMS. Not a 100% sim, like RSR claims we will see in the FMS on the 737NGX, but it is pretty darn close.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Yhea, that gust lock is worthless on the plane, and I do think there is too much lift on the plane, I see it on both take off and the flare, but it still is a lot of fun to fly. If anyone is looking for a regional jet, the ERJv2 is what I recommend, as you get three different varients (yet I only fly the 145LR).But yes, I do not want to give the impression that improtant buttons are not in. Some light buttons (again, the lights in the VC are just wack, you cannot fly this thing at dawn/dusk in the VC), but the APU is modeled, the hydrolics, fuel system, its all there. No fail system, which I guess they could get away with the non-functional buttons, it does try to sim a Wx Radar, which is not useful, but they do get the hard parts right, like the FMS. It is pretty well simulated, you can put in a route to your alternate, update it with Navigraph, supposedly simulates the "Learn" function these FMS have (hard to tell if it works), put in all the other preflight conditions that you tend to see in these FMS. Not a 100% sim, like RSR claims we will see in the FMS on the 737NGX, but it is pretty darn close.
I agree with you on every aspect. If anyone is looking for the most realistic regional fleet...get erj v2. I give it a B on simulations because what they do simulate is pretty darn close except the gust lock haha.

Matt kubanda

I agree with you on every aspect. If anyone is looking for the most realistic regional fleet...get erj v2. I give it a B on simulations because what they do simulate is pretty darn close except the gust lock haha.
+1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."