Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Announcement regarding Flight Manual Availability

Robert, If the manuals go on sale in 7-10 days any idea on shipping times? I mean within the US as I know that the world will be ordering them also. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Excellent news!!! Unfortunately you are a little late for the Jetstream (I already printed the books out and made my own manuals from day 1).. I will get the entire 737 set though. Over 2000 pages of information that is a lot! Look forward to them, and thank you for the update. Now at least I know what my wife can get me for Christmas.

Guys, we don't want to mislead anyone - I think the price is going to be substantial on these. It costs a ton to license this from Boeing and to print them. I don't know how long ago that comment RSR made was - if it was back at MD-11 release, then it doesn't reflect current information... You're literally getting what real 737 pilots would have now. This isn't PMDG's self-written manuals printed out, this is the actual real-life Boeing documentation.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sorry to ask, but will the license costs impact the prize of the NGX as well?

Our great kingdom of Flight Sim X has a new leader! Please welcome, Her Majesty The 737NGX. She will bring wealth, freedom and happiness. She will bring The Queen of The Skies and The Last Tri-jet to their knees. The NGX will conquer the not so great kingdom of Flight Sim 9 and defeat all evil. Her creators, our gods, will be loved and honored. Praise PMDG!Let the revolution start! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!Henk de Vries

Henk de Vries

Sorry to ask, but will the license costs impact the prize of the NGX as well?
Pricing on the NGX itself has not been set yet. I would expect it to be in line with our other high-end products.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Awesome news, and a nice little surprise w.r.t the JS41 manual!

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Are all the manuals mentioned in regards to the NGX available with the download of the NGX or are some exclusive to buying the hard copies of the manuals?Thanks

Gavin Price

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

There is nother better for operations than the material the manufacturer publishes. Regardless of whom offers it for sale. For a serious simulator ride you need these manuals.Problem is, not everyone takes this sort of software seriously and forgets all about the manuals until they're in trouble or can't get something to operate correctly. Then the questions start.If you are buying their next 737 release, it cannot be recommended enough that you first buy the manuals and study the material until the simulator is released. You don't honestly believe an airlinewould turn you loose in a simulator during intitial training without having read and studied the material in a ground school class do you?Buy these manuals. You don't know how fortunate you are to have them for the aircraft you wish to learn how to fly even if only a simulator.I have nothing to do with, nor anything to gain from PMDG by writing this. In fact I will probably never buy anything from them since they do not offer what I fly. It's just good free advice, but you know what that's worth.

I have nothing to do with, nor anything to gain from PMDG by writing this. In fact I will probably never buy anything from them since they do not offer what I fly. It's just good free advice, but you know what that's worth.
What do you fly?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

Boeing 727

Buy these manuals. You don't know how fortunate you are to have them for the aircraft you wish to learn how to fly even if only a simulator.
I agree.However these manuals will be available with the purchase of the NGX package, just like all other PMDG products in the past.For one thing, I would load the airplane up initially, have a good look at the flight deck and see where things are, and then I would at least go through the Flight Operations manuals for procedures on various phases of flight, and also read through the tutorial flight once over. This would give me a good understanding of any quirks I should be aware of about the NG, it's limitations and so on. All this because you can't honestly think you know what you're doing if you just load it up and hit F4 and takeoff at "whatever speed feels right" based on your fuel percentage FS gives you.We know what we're spending here (in the range of PMDG's high end product-line) and so we expect to have the material to allow us to properly use the software.Now since you don't buy PMDG products, I'll tell you that in their Introduction manual, they specify that by only reading through the supplied manuals will you be able to fully enjoy the simulation.

Erik L.

When you say 'Digital copies' I think, Piracy.... If they're only on paper it would be a lot harder to illegally distrubute them. And if there's one company I don't want to see being their products being pirated it's PMDG / Boeing.

I would highly recommend to everyone at a minimum to get the QRH if you like flying with failures enabled.. That has the book that I could not fly without on the MD-11X. I mean you could if you pause the game to go to Adobe and look at it (or you have it on your Iphone/Ipad. The FCOM is very nice though for the detailed explination of systems, and the expanded checklist that actually gives you your start limits, and other stuff that is not listed in the QRH short checklist. I myself enjoy them very much, and it is pretty expensive to print the manuals out myself anyway (after all the paper, ink, getting nice binders, etc). I was going to buy a new video card, but I know where that money is going now (I pray it is under the $500 for all of them.. Can't remember what I paid for the MD-11 ones but I know it was over $100 for all of them). Always like having the paper copies so that way I can book mark, add sticky notes, and update them as necessary. Can only imagine the cost to lisence them from Boeing.. A lot is probably an understatement.

Typical of PMDG to exceed our expectations handily!I agree that, at a minimum, one could buy the QRH. This is something you might need to have on hand if a situation emerges (you can't quite pause on VATSIM :) ). For the rest I think the PDFs will suffice. Of course if one can afford them, it would be nice to have them in your library!On a slightly different issue. I know the manuals will be included in the pdf format with the product. Are you per chance considering also including them in a more ebook reader friendly format, e.g. epub?