Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Announcement regarding Flight Manual Availability

They can be used for part 91 flight as the FAA does not restrict it at all but you're correct that it has to be approved for air transport operations and I doubt that it would get approval. Of course I also doubt that would keep pilots from using it assuming they also have a backup. It's really a slick way to view charts.
I agree, it is really slick, I was just being facetious anyway :(

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

It seems to me the NGX is really going to be on par with the real bird. Incredible. Explains to me the why it hasn´t been released yet. Checking, checking, checking.....Makes me want to have the manuals too. If the NGX is that good, I want to handle it as it should in all situations!Thanks guys!Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Im guessing its going be be very tough for PMDG to gain access to provide these digitally. My own airline has them digitally as read only, and are unprintable to anyone internally.

The true measure of simulation accuracy comes when you, the sim-user sits down with the actual aircraft flight manuals and begins to operate the airplane. Does the simulation respond as the manual would have you expect? It should!We anticipate that almost every single page of the entire 3,305 pages will provide you with nearly perfect information on the operation of your PMDG 737NGX. When you read of a specific technique, quirk or limitation in the manuals, you will find that these behaviors are perfectly mirrored in the software.
Incredible!

Matthew S

So we can expect somewhere between $45 and $80 USD? That doesn't sound too bad, thought IMHO I will be a bit edgy to pay over $70. Back to the manuals, with an old age question.. Will the chicken come before the egg (products before the manuals :()??
$45 or $50 !!! Ha, ha..you better prepare for being edgy, real edgy. There has never been a simulation like the NGX and other high end sims, like Leonardo's MD82, have been in the area of $80 for quite some time now.If they sell the NGX for $45 or $50, I'll buy two. Seriously! I'll get the download and DVD versions if they are going that cheap.Captain Randazzo sir, Do you think you would consider packaging the download 737NGX software with the printed manuals and flight deck posters and offer a discount pre-order for the full package? I'm ready now to jump on that offer. I will also buy the BAe JS4100 printed FOM at the same time. :( Thank you,Bob

I'd like a copy of each of these but if the price is anything like the MD11 set then I will have to pass.Not complaining its expensive as such but the current set of the MD11 manuals including shipping to the UK will cost me £225.It would be cheaper to spend a day printing out the FMC, QRH and several sections that I would need from the PDFs.Guestimating for the 737 software, JS41 and 737 printed manuals around £500? I could buy a house almost LOL.gif

Hi Guys,I'm thinking of getting this as a xmas present! It looks great and a must have for the NGX. One really important question with regards to the manuals and xmas, if I ordered them the day they are released, can I expect them to be in the UK before xmas? Doesn't matter if it's a day before xmas... Really important question!Thanks,Tristan M

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Hi Guys,I'm thinking of getting this as a xmas present! It looks great and a must have for the NGX. One really important question with regards to the manuals and xmas, if I ordered them the day they are released, can I expect them to be in the UK before xmas? Doesn't matter if it's a day before xmas... Really important question!Thanks,Tristan M
Hello.I definitely think the same, and as it as been said in this thread by Ryanto get the manuals you should be reachable by FedEx, USPS or UPS, so I believe depending on your choice it'll be more or less quicker to arrive, but if they are avaialble in the next few days as planned, choosing UPS I do believe it will be here before Xmas :)I really hope at least as I'm in France so it should be the same as for you :)Cheers.Aurélien

Very nice that they have the product page up. I suppose that brings it closer to the 7 day end of the window than the 10 day end. At $260 dollars (at least I hope thats the price!) looks like a steal too. I just hope they printed enough for the initial flood (I use that term loosely) of orders. That is probably the hardest thing to judge when making these. Soon as the ordering link comes live you guys will have my $$. Thanks for putting the press on to put them out well in advance of the product.

I'm just not sure if it's really a bonus laminated MD11(?) checklist that comes with the package ;)

There is nother better for operations than the material the manufacturer publishes. Regardless of whom offers it for sale. For a serious simulator ride you need these manuals.Problem is, not everyone takes this sort of software seriously and forgets all about the manuals until they're in trouble or can't get something to operate correctly. Then the questions start.If you are buying their next 737 release, it cannot be recommended enough that you first buy the manuals and study the material until the simulator is released. You don't honestly believe an airlinewould turn you loose in a simulator during intitial training without having read and studied the material in a ground school class do you?Buy these manuals. You don't know how fortunate you are to have them for the aircraft you wish to learn how to fly even if only a simulator.I have nothing to do with, nor anything to gain from PMDG by writing this. In fact I will probably never buy anything from them since they do not offer what I fly. It's just good free advice, but you know what that's worth.
I hate to read and like the "figure it out as you fly" method. I'll download the manuals when my Air India 737 is in a nose dive because I adjusted the seat and I can't figure out what went wrong. That's the time to star reading!

Paul Gugliotta

The PDF versions will be included with the NGX purchase. Currently we are still negotiating some format restrictions, so I cannot tell you if they will be printable.
I know it many not be possible, but please keep in mind that some folks with low vision do need enlarge & print out some pages. In my case, it's almost always cockpit instrument diagrams (the ones with numbers or arrows to point out specific knobs, switches, or controls). Even when I knew approximately where they were, the black-toggle-switch on dark brown color scheme on the 747X COM panel made locating switches very difficult. Thanks for all your hard work on getting manual sets & the 737NGX to us whenever they're ready. dan davisonp.s. I hope the pogo stick makes it into the NGX. Would have been fun to have a Segway to zoom around inside the LCF!

Guest acezboy561

Since when did a 737NG have a engine on the tail :(