Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Announcement regarding Flight Manual Availability

Nah just ridiculed a whole race..
He knows he did wrong. Even went and blacked out his last name just in case anyone here might know him in the real world. Its okay for interwebenauts to think you are a flaming racist, not so good when real people in your life think so as well.I like how he jumped right to the fact that shipping the manuals to the Middle East would immediately enable. Watches too much South Park maybe. Wonder how he feels about Boeing selling real airplanes to the Middle East. No wait, on second thought, I don't care at all.Cheers.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Wait, so will there be any manuals online for free if I don't want to buy these printed ones? Sorry if I overlooked the answer to this.Vito S.
Hey Vito. They are working on getting the manuals released free online. However going by Robert's post it seems he is still in negotiations on Boeing with this. So as of right now early distribution will be limited to the paper publications unless he gets permission otherwise.. There will be digital copies included with the purchased product however. Although he was saying they were working on the details of whether people would be able to print them, or what exact restrictions would be placed on these files. It all hinges on what Boeing (and according to Ryan the lawyers) tell them they are able to do. Paper publications were probably the easiest deal to hammer out as they are not freely distributable.

Eric-The Triple is covered under the current agreement, so we will produce those as well!
Sold. I will spend the money on those for sure.

Eric 

well that's good to hear, I just built my new computer which seems to give solid result,just did a one shot try on Frankfurt Mega Airport from Aerosoft, with the MD-11 in virtual cockpit, and it was doing quite well, though I've not yet tweaked anything I was barely under 20fps so I'm quite sure that with the addition of tweaks it'll be even smoother and that with the improved VC of the 737 it should work great.Now that I have this god enough hardware I think I might take those books as "christmas present" and hope to get them before I leave home for vacations so that I can start learning it, and try to work though it a lot more than I ever really done before, except for the ATR72-500 for which a french group of people made some real modules to cover the planes, its FMC, fuel and weight calaculations, one engine procedure... ;) I really will keep an eye on the products page and hope I can get it soon enough :)

Hello allI am sure that Wildwally was joking it was obvious to me, and I do respect what he said about serving his country at a distant place and loosing friends in battle (God mercy on their souls), so please let’s not make thing look bad while they are not, personally I feel it was my mistake asking such a stupid question of shipment, the beauty is, regardless of race or religion or looks we all just love PMDG products JAlaa Riad

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Hmmm,nice juicy fat tech manuals, you cant beat them for bedtime reading.I had to smirk to myself when I read about real printed manuals being made available, as all our real world operations manuals are now only given to us as PDFs.Despite everyone prefering a nice printed manual we were told boeing are now only going to update manuals in electronic format, I wouldnt for one moment think that wasnt the case and my airline was misleading its pilot workforce in any way to reduce costs! no never.Anyway, a lot of us at work now own Ipads, which are ideal for reading the manuals from in PDF format, as someone mentioned you can find things quicker and it also saves a couple of hours work every few months having to update paper manuals.But all in all you cant beat a good old fashioned tech manual.CheersJon Bunting

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hallelujah!! You're not called "Precision Manuals" for nothing. I was sooo much hopeing that you would have printed manuals for the NGX, but to also offer them for the J41 is outstanding :( Please let us know just as soon as we can pre-order them. I'm ready now.This must mean that the NGX is just around the corner. I know that when I bought my MD11 printed manuals, the MD11 was released almost as soon as they were delivered.If it is possible to release the NGX before Christmas, PMDG will change the whole outlook on the World economy! People will go back to work, who haven't worked for years. GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota will be building new production plants all over the World. There is just no telling what the economic outcome could be!Holy cow! I'm so excited I have to go wash my drawers :(

Awwww, c'com guys, cut him a break. He's just a Tea Party member who's also into flight simulation. :(
There isn't enough popcorn in the world for all this! You guys provide the worlds best entertainment man can obtain!!!

Make a calculation in costs for paper, ink and binders and compare these costs to the price of the printed manuals PMDG is offering. You'll see there is not much difference between the two. The little ammount you pay is for the excelent quality of the binders ;)Good plan Robert to release paper manuals on these aircraft!

Hmmm,nice juicy fat tech manuals, you cant beat them for bedtime reading.I had to smirk to myself when I read about real printed manuals being made available, as all our real world operations manuals are now only given to us as PDFs.Despite everyone prefering a nice printed manual we were told boeing are now only going to update manuals in electronic format, I wouldnt for one moment think that wasnt the case and my airline was misleading its pilot workforce in any way to reduce costs! no never.Anyway, a lot of us at work now own Ipads, which are ideal for reading the manuals from in PDF format, as someone mentioned you can find things quicker and it also saves a couple of hours work every few months having to update paper manuals.But all in all you cant beat a good old fashioned tech manual.
Interesting info Jon. It is enough to look around what folks do in GA - I see all pilot carry Ipads these days for all their chart needs, for all their map needs (seamless on Ipad), airport info, fuel prices, tourist info, etc (for example subscription through flightguide.com). All this data is not only more affordable but weighs a lot less and is accessible a lot faster. I see that big guys are on the same page.

Interesting info Jon. It is enough to look around what folks do in GA - I see all pilot carry Ipads these days for all their chart needs, for all their map needs (seamless on Ipad), airport info, fuel prices, tourist info, etc (for example subscription through flightguide.com). All this data is not only more affordable but weighs a lot less and is accessible a lot faster. I see that big guys are on the same page.
Michal,Yes they're an amazing gadget, I tried to resist but once someone showed me the QRH on one I was sold. I can carry the entire ships library with me in my small bag for easy reference. Its great when you just need to check something quick, I just pull it out its instantly on, find what I need and its away again,it sure beats having to lean over from the left seat or more normally get out of the seat to reach a paper manual from the library.I use the ipad for my simulator add on manuals as well,it makes life easier.It seems GA avionics and resources are well ahead of big airliners now, the 400 is looking dated.I`ve been flying the eaglesoft citation X and wilcos E170 recently and am blown away by the avionics on those flight decks.Thinking about it PMDG must have huge confidence in their product to offer the real manuals to be used as reference,its incredible.Seems we should be in for a treat.CheersJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Jon,My dad was just told that he's getting issued an iPad soon for charts and manuals at his airline too - pretty cool!
Oh great, can see it now, gets ready to setup approach, needs some data, pulls out his iPad, and... OH DARN, Iforgot to charge it this morning before work..... :(

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Ah....Its great news and now the only thing I have to worry about is where I'm going to store the manual......:(

Oh great, can see it now, gets ready to setup approach, needs some data, pulls out his iPad, and... OH DARN, Iforgot to charge it this morning before work..... :(
They're probably just used as a reference tool and not for looking at on the actual aproach, as I know when we were getting electronic flight bags everything had to be approved first by the authorities,and not certain the ipad has been approved as the sole means of reference?, maybe different for the FAA.But not to worry the 744 flight deck has a handy 115v american type plug socket on the right hand wall!Jon

787 captain.  

They're probably just used as a reference tool and not for looking at on the actual aproach, as I know when we were getting electronic flight bags everything had to be approved first by the authorities,and not certain the ipad has been approved as the sole means of reference?, maybe different for the FAA.But not to worry the 744 flight deck has a handy 115v american type plug socket on the right hand wall!Jon
They can be used for part 91 flight as the FAA does not restrict it at all but you're correct that it has to be approved for air transport operations and I doubt that it would get approval. Of course I also doubt that would keep pilots from using it assuming they also have a backup. It's really a slick way to view charts.

Noah Bryant