Flight Yoke Comparison  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on the best yoke if you will

• Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
    • CH Flight Yoke
    • CH Eclipse Yoke

I have both CH and Saitek. Of both yokes the Saitek is by far better. It is way more precise. Just take a look in FSUIPC and to elevator for example. Using the Saitek, pull the yoke all the way back. Then release it. Mine goes right back to DEAD centre every time. Do that with the CH and it returns back to 312 but next time it might be -150 then 240. Never back to dead centre. As for the pedals though I prefer my CH pedals basically for the same reason described above.

I don't have the Saitek yoke yet, but from the photos and videos I do like the design and it does seemed like it has a heavy feel too it, just by looking at the photos. the only thing about the Saitek is that indent allot of people mention about, is it really that bad? I'm still using my very old ch yoke usb LE I bought years ago its all beat up right now! :( but working, not too great, so I have to replace it asap. one big selling point I see from the saitek yoke package is that it comes with a very nice Three-Lever Throttle. and it looks like a very nice design and size.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have both CH and Saitek. Of both yokes the Saitek is by far better. It is way more precise. Just take a look in FSUIPC and to elevator for example. Using the Saitek, pull the yoke all the way back. Then release it. Mine goes right back to DEAD centre every time. Do that with the CH and it returns back to 312 but next time it might be -150 then 240. Never back to dead centre. As for the pedals though I prefer my CH pedals basically for the same reason described above.
If you open it up and spray all the cams and arms with silicon spray it becomes much more sensitive and accurate.vololiberista

You are absoloutely right,it never returns back at the same postion. On the other hand, is it really a problem since you never look at the yoke when flying, it is just a matter of feeling in order to have the controls centered, with a properly trimmed aircraft of course. I bought the saitek throttle quadrant and disabled the throttle levers of my CH yoke. This saitek hardware is great. I have 3 of them, two for engine controls and one for gear, flaps and spoiler controls thanks to FSUIPC. having levers for gear and flaps is very realistic.

You are absoloutely right,it never returns back at the same postion. On the other hand, is it really a problem since you never look at the yoke when flying, it is just a matter of feeling in order to have the controls centered, with a properly trimmed aircraft of course. I bought the saitek throttle quadrant and disabled the throttle levers of my CH yoke. This saitek hardware is great. I have 3 of them, two for engine controls and one for gear, flaps and spoiler controls thanks to FSUIPC. having levers for gear and flaps is very realistic.
Does it have detents for the flaps?

Does it have detents for the flaps?
HiNo, FSUIPC automatically divides the lever range according to the number of flap notches for every aircraft. It is very convenient in fact. For example, if you have two notches, when the lever is up, no flaps, lever in mid range first notch, lever down second notch. That's it!!

Interesting poll since I am thinking about getting one of these in the near future since I fly airliners mostly and dont like having to use my right hand on the stick since the X52 throttle is set up for left hand operation. Plus in real life when flying planes with my left hand on the yoke and my right hand on or near the throttle it feels wierd trying to fly with a stick left handed.I'm surprised that the results of the poll show the Saitek leading, but most of the comments posted prefer the CH.
Santa Fixed me a CH Eclipse Yoke this year. It finally got here monday morning and I have a full 6 day work schedule this week . What a transformation after flying with first a logitech force 3d and after wearing that out an extreme 3d pro.. I actually felt like I was in the cockpit again. I took the first flight with it in a C152 last night after work out of KAND where I used to go flying with a friend of mine after work many years ago. What a pleasure it was being able to do short finals without over compensating. I cant believe I flew without this for so long. Glad I didnt crash my first yoke maiden flight. The rudder control on the stick works nice. Makes taxing alot easier. And the Elevator movement is extremely smooth. But looks like a lot of coordination retraining now but finally the "sim" not "game" feels alot more realistic. Go for it, You will be glad you did, it's well worth the money even if you cant by food for a couple of weeks!!!

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

is there anyone who has already experienced the new- flight illusion yoke-its a yoke with back pressureit should be real feeling and bump feeling at the runways

I used to own the Saitek Yoke...biggest piece of junk I have used in a while. Returned it and picked up the Eclipse Yoke and have never had an issue with it. Smooth as butter. The Saitek Yoke has built in detents which I couldn't stand.I have always had problems with Saitek products. IMO, they just don't produce quality equipment. The detents on their yoke are just silly as are the other issues I had with their yoke product.Do yourself a favor, if you buy the Saitek, but it from some place where you can return it if you don't like it. Needless to say, I will never buy another Saitek product.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

None of the above - www.flypfc.com
Agreed, their Flight Sim Combo is a little more money but you get Professional Flight School quality hardware that will last so much longer and feels right instead of like a joystick for a video game.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Agreed, their Flight Sim Combo is a little more money but you get Professional Flight School quality hardware that will last so much longer and feels right instead of like a joystick for a video game.
I agree!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

None of the above - www.flypfc.com
Yes, and at 4-9 times the price of the CH and Saitek offerings, it better be superior.I used the CH yoke for many years and got the Saitek a couple years ago. I also have their standalone TQ (6 throttle axis total). I like the Saitek a lot more and I like how the TQ handles reverse thrust. I have never had the desire to reinstall my CH and I have not had to do any maintenance on my Saitek. It works as good as it did on day one.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Yes, and at 4-9 times the price of the CH and Saitek offerings, it better be superior.I used the CH yoke for many years and got the Saitek a couple years ago. I also have their standalone TQ (6 throttle axis total). I like the Saitek a lot more and I like how the TQ handles reverse thrust. I have never had the desire to reinstall my CH and I have not had to do any maintenance on my Saitek. It works as good as it did on day one.
PFC Flight Sim Combo is on special $1,395, you get yoke, throttle quadrant with choice of three or six levers (get the six), and pedalsCH Combo runs $359.85 for yoke, throttle quadrant and pedalsSaitek combo runs 329.85 for yoke, additional quadrant (so all compared have six levers), and pedalsThat is 3.89 to 4.24 times the price!All would be plus shipping since and YMMV. Given price shopping Saitek is the least expensive, deleting the throttle quadrant will lower overall price but also limits what you can properly simulate. I do like the feel of the Saitek better than the CH product but neither compare to PFC nor is that a realistic expectation. Saitek also has several additional units that can be mixed and matched for simulation of specific functions which I think is interesting.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

A shame those throttles aren't standalone :(
You can the buy the throttle quadrant itself, I believe they run $595 but may have changed.It can be configured in many different lever combinations, you just would have to purchase additional lever sets which thumbscrew onto the front. I have the three lever, six lever piston and the six lever turboprop sets for the Cirrus II hardware.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888