Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Thanks guys i work at an airport and the only 300 that lands there are cargo and i think a RPT for Norfolk island is a 300. The rest are 4s and 8s

Hello!I have a question as regards the systems in the NGX.Are you going to implement the new landing method called GBAS (or GLS) into your NGX?with regards,^_^Ensar B.
I believe they were. I asked about IAN approaches and Ryan pointed me to the Boeing site saying it was all going to be included. GPS Landing System was one of the approaches listed. Heres the THREAD.

So stay at home with your fingers in your nose :(
Or you could come to the PMDG forum and post something stupid like you did. Nice touch not signing your full name. Means it won't be on the board for much longer.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I believe they were. I asked about IAN approaches and Ryan pointed me to the Boeing site saying it was all going to be included. GPS Landing System was one of the approaches listed. Heres the THREAD.
Yeah, and I'm also looking forward to some shots showing off NPS indications... A first in FS for sure in case they made it in. :(:(sig.gif

Thanks for your pics and explanation Tom. One other thing that I noted though is that your combiner looks clearly different from the FSX one. Just wondering if there are different manufacturers of the HUGS? The NGX one has only one half frame on the right side that also extends further downwards while yours seems to have a frame to either side of the glass. Plus quite a thin glass too, but the NGX shots might only suggest more thickness because the POV was so close to the device. :(sig.gifPS Oh btw, may I contact you via PM for some little technical Q? Big%20Grin.gif
As I'm sure you already saw Vin answered your question. Our first 77 airplanes came with the BAE HUD which is the thin one. I am told they no longer make that HUD so all the new planes are coming with the thicker one and they call that one the HUGS. The FMS menus for programing the HUDs are a little different for each type. Which reminds me I was supposed to post some additional pictures of the HUGS menus. I will get on that.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

My big question for addon is if this one will include the features of accusim- for example, everytime one loads up an aircraft, will it be like flying a brand new a/c each time, or will we see systems wear down over time, needing attention from maintenance. Or, if you overstress certain life-limited parts, would we see them break earlier than the TBO? Accusim does this well, and it helps complete the simulation that someone owns a "living breathing" thing, rather than a simulation.
I hope for this too

Gavin Price

As I'm sure you already saw Vin answered your question. Our first 77 airplanes came with the BAE HUD which is the thin one. I am told they no longer make that HUD so all the new planes are coming with the thicker one and they call that one the HUGS. The FMS menus for programing the HUDs are a little different for each type. Which reminds me I was supposed to post some additional pictures of the HUGS menus. I will get on that.
Yeah I did, indeed. Interesting follow-up though. Plus I thought the HUGS was 'programmed' via the combiner control panel on the pedestal. So any additonal pics will certainly enlighten us.I might shoot you a PM with some other tech Q soon if you don't mind, since you seem to be knowledgable. :(sig.gif

I think it was Ryan who asked me to post more information on the HUD menus in the CDU. Here are some pics that I posted before and a new one of the menus. I didn't get one of the test page but what that does is display a pattern on the HUD so the pilot can get the seat adjusted to he can see everything that's being displayed. If you don't get your view just right you won't be able to see everything that is being projected. There is very little tolerance on where you have to position your eyes which some guys don't like because it puts them out of their comfortable sitting position for flying. I guess most other airlines program the HUD from the pedestal but at American we do it from the CDU. Just one of the many different options Boeing offers in the 737 I guess. Oh yeah and I believe I read that the older version of the HUD we have will not be modeled so I won't bother getting any pictures of the menus on that one which are a little different.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

MOD EDIT: It looks like your post took a bit of time, and you are a first time poster here, so I will leave this post intact. However, all future posts MUST be signed with your FULL REAL name, according to PMDG forum rules listed here or your posts will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation. I was thinking about an improvement for the airplane's shadow visualizatoin. Yesterday I have made the candy looking Wizzair livery for Airbus X, and I put realistic shadows and global illumination like colours under it (with photoshop). The idea is, would it be possible to use an alfa chanelled texture (max 512x512), which is only visible when tha aircraft has landed, to make a shadow and GI, like this. (it could appear during the landing graduately, like a landing light.) htb9lh.jpgwith..24lppgk.jpgand withoutBoldi Szily S-BO

Can we anticipate an update this weekend? Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Can we anticipate an update this weekend? Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
I'm still hoping for those night shots...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg