Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

IF (big if) i upgrade my system, im not gonna buy the i7 2600K, but the Hexacore i7 Enthusiast (or Extreme if the bang-for-buck factor is reasonable), i.e LGA 2011. Seems pretty stupid for me spending 500+ USD on upgrading my Enthusiast range CPU to a newer Performance range CPU. But i've heard rumours of the LGA 2011 being for servers so i guess its too early to decide anything. Anyway i know way too little right now to decide for myself let alone give advice to anyone else so take my post with a grain of salt :)

I hope so but the PMDG747 have no option for range rings so I´m not sure ;-)Thanks,Holger
If the range rings are what I think they are, you can add them by going to the FIX page, selecting a fix/airport, and then enter data into the lines in "heading/distance" or "/distance." Both will produce a ring around the fix at your set distance.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

If the range rings are what I think they are, you can add them by going to the FIX page, selecting a fix/airport, and then enter data into the lines in "heading/distance" or "/distance." Both will produce a ring around the fix at your set distance.
Look at 0:15 in this
. I think what Holgi is referring to are the white rings on the ND.

Look at 0:15 in this
. I think what Holgi is referring to are the white rings on the ND.
Ahh, ok, got it.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

This is what PMDG allready produced so far ... can't wait for that 737 :)
Very nice video. Gotta Luv that MD-11.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

It would be AWESOME if the feature at 1:47 was included. I.E just some random animation playing over and over.
I wonder if that feature includes activities in the restroom at 41000 feet? <wink>

I'm sure that PMDG has put on some really nice sounds at the 737NGX. Would be awesome if you turn on/off seatbelts signs that here a flight attendant.

When this comes out I might buy an extra copy and give it to my nephew who is just starting to get into MSFS, how can I do this? Can I send him the installer and can he register it under his name? As far as I know PMDG does not have a Voucher system which would be a really cool thing, I could just buy a voucher and send him the redeem code. I guess I could just cut him a cheque but who knows if that money would ever get to PMDG then, someone new to this hobby may not see the value in owning a PMDG aircraft.

When this comes out I might buy an extra copy and give it to my nephew who is just starting to get into MSFS, how can I do this? Can I send him the installer and can he register it under his name? As far as I know PMDG does not have a Voucher system which would be a really cool thing, I could just buy a voucher and send him the redeem code. I guess I could just cut him a cheque but who knows if that money would ever get to PMDG then, someone new to this hobby may not see the value in owning a PMDG aircraft.
If I understand correctly, you can pay for it with your billing info (paypal) but you'll have to buy it using his name, that way he's in PMDG's user database as the registered owner.

If I understand correctly, you can pay for it with your billing info (paypal) but you'll have to buy it using his name, that way he's in PMDG's user database as the registered owner.
Ok thanks for the input Ken.

This is what PMDG allready produced so far ... can't wait for that 737 :)
Sign your name in each comment as per forum rules. Thanks.

Hey Ryan, I built the top laptop that HP offers, its a dv7tqe series, and put the best specs on offer in it and here's what I got:Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitProcessor: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHzGraphics card: 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6570 graphics [HDMI, VGA]Memory: 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)Hard drive: 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive ProtectionHow are these specs? Would it be able to run the PMDG NGX, along with UT2, FTX scenery and airports, and REX? The processor is the Sandy Bridges series processors that you were talking about.

Hey Ryan, I built the top laptop that HP offers, its a dv7tqe series, and put the best specs on offer in it and here's what I got:Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitProcessor: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHzGraphics card: 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6570 graphics [HDMI, VGA]Memory: 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)Hard drive: 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive ProtectionHow are these specs? Would it be able to run the PMDG NGX, along with UT2, FTX scenery and airports, and REX? The processor is the Sandy Bridges series processors that you were talking about.
You can run these things with a lot less than this, so obviously yes, you can.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg