Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

arrogance be it in joke form or serious thing does not suit this forum in my opinion,Some people would love to be pilots, but cant on the terms of wealth, health and/or situation, remember some are not as privialaged as you are, so i suggest coming down from your high horse..cha
I totally understand where you are coming from. When it comes to a persons health, that can keep someone grounded and in most cases indefinately. However, to say wealth keeps people from obtaining the certs to become a pilot and ultimately flying for a major airline and possibly the 737 is bogus. Yes its extremely expensive to obtain the req. Certs and hrs but ts doable. I just completed my ifr this past month. It took over two yrs to get this far but i did it all on my own. Im in collwge working qt staples making close to min wage working 20 hrs. A week. What it comes down to is how bad someonw wants it. Because i see ppl on these forums willing to shell out hundreds of dollars on new hardware the day it comes out or software for fsx and those are some of the people who complain in other posts about not having enough money to fly. I bet if some of the people on these forums held off and didnt the hot new gfx card or stopped worrying about the sandy bridge cpus or stopped tryig to upgrade the computers just to fly the NGX and put that money in lessons....they could start flying. My instructor sold hotdogs outside a bar to save up money for his pitts s2b. So the whole "i dont have enough money to fly for real so ill spend the same amount flying in fsx" as an excuse doesnt make sense and doesnt really warrant a lot of respect. If one doesnt have enough money....get creative. I washed planes day in and day out for free flight time and the networking gained is immense. People will help out in many ways when they see someone willing to worktheir butts off for what they want.Needless to say...typing this from my phone was the biggest pain ever and it makes it look like i cant spell nor type and that i dont know what the meaning of grammar is.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If you want your banner to work, you need to copy and paste the actual picture link instead of the website link.
Ok thanks mate..

I totally understand where you are coming from. When it comes to a persons health, that can keep someone grounded and in most cases indefinately. However, to say wealth keeps people from obtaining the certs to become a pilot and ultimately flying for a major airline and possibly the 737 is bogus. Yes its extremely expensive to obtain the req. Certs and hrs but ts doable. I just completed my ifr this past month. It took over two yrs to get this far but i did it all on my own. Im in collwge working qt staples making close to min wage working 20 hrs. A week. What it comes down to is how bad someonw wants it. Because i see ppl on these forums willing to shell out hundreds of dollars on new hardware the day it comes out or software for fsx and those are some of the people who complain in other posts about not having enough money to fly. I bet if some of the people on these forums held off and didnt the hot new gfx card or stopped worrying about the sandy bridge cpus or stopped tryig to upgrade the computers just to fly the NGX and put that money in lessons....they could start flying. My instructor sold hotdogs outside a bar to save up money for his pitts s2b. So the whole "i dont have enough money to fly for real so ill spend the same amount flying in fsx" as an excuse doesnt make sense and doesnt really warrant a lot of respect. If one doesnt have enough money....get creative. I washed planes day in and day out for free flight time and the networking gained is immense. People will help out in many ways when they see someone willing to worktheir butts off for what they want.Needless to say...typing this from my phone was the biggest pain ever and it makes it look like i cant spell nor type and that i dont know what the meaning of grammar is.
As a single AND multiengine commercial pilot WITH instrument privilages, I know better than almost anyone else how expensive it is if you go the civilian route. Especially since I got my instrument rating in a twin which is even more expensive than just adding it on during a commercial multi checkride. But as you said, I really wanted it and went out and got the money. The school I chose didn't have a "work for flight time" plan but I kept at it, cut back A LOT on spending, and pulled it off. The instructor I last went up with for an instrument proficiency check also washed planes day in, day out. A student at the school I'm now at (the other one went bankrupt and I'm still trying to work on my instructor rating) runs the front desk and cleans the office. Some students share flight time (obviously at least one is licensed) to cut costs and gain more experience. An example is I sometimes fly with people working on their instrument ratings. I may not be an instructor but I can be a safety pilot and they get to practice. On that note though, I try to avoid giving pointers unless it's something horribly wrong as I don't want to interfere with their instructors lessons. As you said though, you just have to be creative and negotiate. Many of us in the aviation community are more than willing to help you out. On top of that, just about anyone can fly these days (outside of the US, I'm sorry but that may not be the case). I remember an artical I was reading a few months back about a pilot that was born without, yes WITHOUT arms. Naturally there are limitations on her certificate but still, she has a certificate. Also, with the sport pilot certificate, basically if you have a drivers license, you can go for that certificate. (This means the drivers license acts as your medical certificate, not your pilot certificate). One of my friends is colorblined and went for a SODA (Statement of Demonstrated Ability) test and the FAA cleared him. If he had failed, he just can't fly at night or to towered fields. Yes, here in Hawaii that crosses out 11 of the 20 airports in the state but oh well. And half of the people who came through were older people who were just going for a private license (Sport license is not offered in Hawaii as you'd never be able to use it). Not the whole 9 yards. They just wanted to fly PERIOD. Yet others had been working on their license for years as the money trickled in.You just need the motivation and dedication more than anything else. Its when things don't come easily and/or don't go your way that people get discouraged. Push through it, ask for help even if you don't think you need it, and it will come.

Can you even hear hear the flaps going down from the cockpit?

It always amazes to hear how much suffering and sacrifice people are willing to make just to touch an airplane. I for one work 2 jobs and go to school full time just to afford flight training, and I hear no end to the "you're crazy" lectures.We all know 80% of us will never make it to the regionals no matter how far in debt we go - why do we go through so much for something that rarely ever pays off?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

[...]On top of that, just about anyone can fly these days (outside of the US, I'm sorry but that may not be the case). I remember an artical I was reading a few months back about a pilot that was born without, yes WITHOUT arms. Naturally there are limitations on her certificate but still, she has a certificate. Also, with the sport pilot certificate, basically if you have a drivers license, you can go for that certificate. [...]You just need the motivation and dedication more than anything else. Its when things don't come easily and/or don't go your way that people get discouraged. Push through it, ask for help even if you don't think you need it, and it will come.
So when I got told I was slightly too colour blind to be a pilot, does that mean "anyone can do it with motivation",, for sure i can get a ppl, but that is far too expensive life style for me until i get rich somehow. It is fine when you go to a school, becuase you get a loan, similar to higher education,, but not for ppl's

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Guys,Have you guys noticed how Robert and Ryan has become "flight sim celebrities" I just have a few questions. Since you strive for the extream realism1) Will you incorporate all the engine variants for the varius models? ie. one 737NG model can have 3-4 different engines. can you also do double-annular combuster? see here for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFM_International_CFM56#CFM56-7_series2) Which FMC update have you inclouded? 10.8A I presume. Although I wouldn't be suprised if you got hold of the update 11Thanks,Martin Dahlerup

arrogance be it in joke form or serious thing does not suit this forum in my opinion,Some people would love to be pilots, but cant on the terms of wealth, health and/or situation, remember some are not as privialaged as you are, so i suggest coming down from your high horse..cha
Where do you get off suggesting that anybody who has, or wants, flying lessons is somehow more privileged then you. Yes it is expensive, but your own signature prooves you have enough spare money for flight lessons if you so choose, and if you have some other particular reason why you can not do it, then you are unfortunate, but that does not give you the right to attempt to make others feel bad. If anybody needs to get off their high horse, it is you.

Helo. This is my first post here. My name is Lukasz Turczynski. And the question is: NGX will be able to simulate RAM Air Turbine (RAT) system? If yes could You (PMDG) give us some pics?

Where do you get off suggesting that anybody who has, or wants, flying lessons is somehow more privileged then you. Yes it is expensive, but your own signature prooves you have enough spare money for flight lessons if you so choose, and if you have some other particular reason why you can not do it, then you are unfortunate, but that does not give you the right to attempt to make others feel bad. If anybody needs to get off their high horse, it is you.
So you can establish my wealth on my signiture? I have a decent computer yes i do,, but if you are basing my wealth on that, i can assure you , you are very very mistaken

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I made no assumptions about your wealth, only about your disposable income. What you chose to spend your money on is your business, I simply pointed out that you have or have had sufficient disposable income that, if you so choose, you could have had flight lessons. Get over it.

Can you even hear hear the flaps going down from the cockpit?
In a Cessna 172, yes. In a Boeing or Airbus, no, though you might hear the hydraulic motors cycling as flaps deploy. You can certainly hear the aerodynamic rumble as slats and flaps move into the airstream and change the air flow over the wing. And you can feel the aircraft slow and usually change pitch.

Helo. This is my first post here. My name is Lukasz Turczynski. And the question is: NGX will be able to simulate RAM Air Turbine (RAT) system? If yes could You (PMDG) give us some pics?
No cause it dont have one.
In a Cessna 172, yes. In a Boeing or Airbus, no, though you might hear the hydraulic motors cycling as flaps deploy. You can certainly hear the aerodynamic rumble as slats and flaps move into the airstream and change the air flow over the wing. And you can feel the aircraft slow and usually change pitch.
The flap motor is in the MLG bay. From a near-wing pax seat you can hear em loud and clear (as we all know not in FSX due to external sound model, although IIRC even the Cessna flaps can be heard from outside, but then again maybe this conflicts with the external soundset and so forth ...) but I'm not sure how much of that sound would make it all the way though up to the flight deck. I can't remember any at all, but correct me if I'm wrong.sig.gif

I made no assumptions about your wealth, only about your disposable income. What you chose to spend your money on is your business, I simply pointed out that you have or have had sufficient disposable income that, if you so choose, you could have had flight lessons. Get over it.
My point exactly.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I believe the 737 don't have RAT system.They don't show pictures by request. They will only show us screenshots of the plane when the feature in question is ready to be shown.An example? They said they would show us some screenshots of the exterior night lighting a week ago, but at the time they thought it was not completely ready to be shown (*not complaining*).They will update us with pictures as soon as things get ready.

Matheus Mafra