Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Guest morrisman1
Do you have the latest SIDs/STARs for those approaches? The latest Navigraph cycle doesnt match/model the latest charts exactly from NZ air services dated July 2010 for the RNP approaches.
I went to use them in the PMDG b744 but it only had the VOR/DME approaches using Slope Hill. In my AIPNZ the Queenstown approaches are 'for approved operators only'. I have the latest AIRAC cycle for the FMC too. Its a bit annoying. It may have been something I did so Ill go back and check but im sure I had it correct. Queenstown is a beaut place to fly into, one of the last times I was there I flew up the valley from cromwell and about 5Nm from bungee bridge tower said "traffic for you is a boeing 737 also inbound via victoria bridge" Soon after it flew directly overhead. Here is a picture of the airport that i recently took turning base for RWY23.Cameron M

The failure system has been discussed several times and I was wondering whether you guys were still going to have every system more likely to fail overtime due to wear and lack of maintenance.

The failure system has been discussed several times and I was wondering whether you guys were still going to have every system more likely to fail overtime due to wear and lack of maintenance.
FS does count the hours the engines have been running and the ammout of flight time the plane gathered <<<You can see that in the same folder the dll.xml is located, under the SimObjects subfolder. There are a lot of folders, one for every flight model with a cfg file inside the ones you have used>>> so maybe there's a way to simulate this 'lack of maintenance' and taking into account the lot of work PMDG put into this plane I think they could do it. But even if it is not simulated and with the new failure setting system, it's likely we'll be able to set failures at a rate of, let say, 1/500h or so. Probably FS2Crew will create a failure routine for the plane.

Matheus Mafra

Cameron, I have access to the relevant data and will be looking at coding the RNP procedures for QN once beta starts. With RSR's blessing it could be incorporated into the NGX sidstar database for release. Robert can correct ne here if needed, but I believe the NGX will be the first addon to handle proper RNP approaches complete with RF legs (ie the curved paths) so QN will be a good demonstration of the capability.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This topic is only 2 days old and already has over 100,000 viewsThats amazingWilliam Coade

Can't wait to fly the approaches into queenstown. In a recent issue of Australian aviation magazine there was an in depth article on Qantas ops into the airport. I would love if ORBX Sid scenery for it

The weekend this airplane is released, there will not be a free gate at the major airports on vatsim! Vatsim atc, it's going to get busy!! PMDG is answering the question of "whats next"!! Thousands of pilots that don't fly much anymore, will be returning.......I am not wrong about this one! Microsoft will be sending a letter of thank you to PMDG. Because the next generation of flight will have a bigger audience.Much bigger!! Hope Microsoft is seeing this....what PMDG has done is more than NGX now, they are setting up the future of our professorial hobby for years to come. If you are thinking of that investment in a new system, it is a "go" for sure! There is going to be a great flying future ahead of us all.....Thanks PMDG for the true lead that you have taken. And for a damn fine airplane!!! You can count on me being a customer for along time!

Amazing stuff! I've just been learning the FMC on the PMDG 747 in preparation for the NGX. I'm just very worried that my poor old system isn't going to cope.... Core 2 Duo 3.06, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256mb!!

Guest acezboy561
Amazing stuff! I've just been learning the FMC on the PMDG 747 in preparation for the NGX. I'm just very worried that my poor old system isn't going to cope.... Core 2 Duo 3.06, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256mb!!
I got the JS41, im learning the FMC too. Very different to what ive been using!

do u gys think my system will handell the ngx.windows 7 64 bit, amd ahlon-2, 4GB DDR3, GeForce GT 220, 585GB Sata Hard Drive. This Is a 6 month old couputer.Ian Besemer

Guest acezboy561

Ian-What FPS in the default 737? Expect similar to that.

I've been wondering about something, (think i've heard it here but wanted to make sure) Is it possible to view the PFD/ND on a separate screen?If so, i have some questions:1. What size/aspect/resolution is the real 737NG PFD screen in? 2. Are there any recommended small TFT-screens that suits as a PFD? I don't need anything fancy, its not like im gonna play crysis or watch movies on it; i just want it to show a convincing PFD. (without the need for total reliability and something that only needs to match 10 year old hardware, that shouldn't be too expensive, right?)When using the TrackIR it would be nice to have the PFD "steady", then i wouldn't need to keep my head so stiff.

Ian-What FPS in the default 737? Expect similar to that.
Thanks i get 20 fps out of 20 fps. Cant waite till it come out, have my money ready been saving up 4 it.Ian Besemer

I have a question that I think PMDG can answer or hopefully find out. On the Boeing stats for the 747, what is the takeoff run considered as. Is it until Vr, Positive Rate, 500 feet above, ect? Page 14 of the pdf below is what I am referencing.http://www.boeing.co...ps/7474sec3.pdfBTW, anyone who wants some basic 737 info replace the 7474 part of the web address with 737, no model number. It's a 4 mb page so it might take a while.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator