Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

...worse than training!
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! Shocked.gifI had no idea it could get any worse than this!! I'm about to do an all-nighter to prepare for my Aircraft General Knowledge exam tomorrow morning, questioning myself, why on earth I'm reading the PMDG forum when I should question bank! haha Black%20Eye.gif

Orbx are also making New Zealand. NZ South should be released sometime this year and maybe Queenstown airport. Then North Island the next or whenever. Can't wait to fly the 737-800 into Queenstown. The new screenshots are truly amazing and shows how PMDG have worked on the NGX! :D
Well...I didn't know they were doing this. That's nice! I hope that Dunedin will be modeled because I have friends there. They fly ANZ out of there nearly weekly. Now I can simulate flying in to visit them. What a beautiful approach it will be to fly in over the NZ countryside.

Air New Zealand only have the 737-300. The 737-400 are from Qantas Jetconnect which is a different company I think but they have ZK - XXX rego's on them just like Air NZ.Orbx are also making New Zealand. NZ South should be released sometime this year and maybe Queenstown airport. Then North Island the next or whenever. Can't wait to fly the 737-800 into Queenstown. The new screenshots are truly amazing and shows how PMDG have worked on the NGX! :D
737-800 with HUGS on the special RNP0.3 approach into NZQN. = AWESOMEand yeh, forgot about Jetconnect. (Jitconnict. lol. just kiddin)

and yeh, forgot about Jetconnect. (Jitconnict. lol. just kiddin)
Haha, lol

Ryan,I wonder if you could help me.. I have an intel i7 940 at 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM and nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1GB. I rely need to know if this is going to be ok with the NG. Would appreciate your views tremendously!Best Wishes,Tristan Marchent

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Ryan,I wonder if you could help me.. I have an intel i7 940 at 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM and nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1GB. I rely need to know if this is going to be ok with the NG. Would appreciate your views tremendously!Best Wishes,Tristan Marchent
It should run fine... I'm concerned about mine, Intel i7-Q740 @ 1.73GHz, GeForce GTX 260, and 6.00GB RAM.-Chris

While we're mentioning specs here, mine is Dell I7-860....2,80Ghz......8GB RAM......ATI Radeon HD5670........comments?

737-800 with HUGS on the special RNP0.3 approach into NZQN. = AWESOMEand yeh, forgot about Jetconnect. (Jitconnict. lol. just kiddin)
Rest assured I'll be giving the QN RNP approaches a good going over during testing. :)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

While we're mentioning specs here, mine is
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core @ 3,01GHz, 2GB RAM and <please, don't laugh at me> an onboard ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 graphic card :(, running Windows XP Professional SP3 . Nevertheless I still have good FPS in FSX, from 7 or 8 in heavier scenarios to 25 (my FPS limit) in other places with an average graphic quality. I have plans for a new graphic card, just waiting to see what Ryan recommends, and to expand my RAM from 2 to 6 or maybe 8GB. PS.: Excuse me if there's something wrong. I don't know much about computers.

Matheus Mafra

Do you have the latest SIDs/STARs for those approaches? The latest Navigraph cycle doesnt match/model the latest charts exactly from NZ air services dated July 2010 for the RNP approaches.

Will the AoA PMDG 737NGX Training Material be available at PMDG website as well as the AoA PMDG747 TM?
I beleive AoA will produce its 737NGX trainining similar to its MD-11 training. Online only, but don't quote me on it. I do recall though that it will be available on launch day.

Nothing is built at BFI - that's where they do flight testing and delivery prep on the NGs. The other larger planes are made and tested at KPAE in Everett.
Like they say here on the Interwebs....Google is your friend, (actually, GoogleMAPS). Check out the Seattle area in Googlemaps and you will see the 737s at Renton and Boeing Field, and the other boeings at KPAE. Nice!Regarding the lights, will PMDG offer "optional" settings for the Shockwave lights and Nick's Exhaust effects in their aircraft.cfg? Not a big deal, but it would be nice to at least have the Shockwave lights settings populated for those who do have that package.Also, with all the myriad options combinations out there for the hundreds of 737 customers, it would be nice to have a listing either in a readme file or built into the repaint installer or PMDG options module that accurately matches the appropriate airline option to the airline. Otherwise one will have to do their own research from cockpit shots at airliners.net, etc. For instance the MD-11 has specific glass display settings, T/O dial a flap settings, and SOP descent speeds and cost indexes that can be adjusted to match the airline being simulated, but the problem here is that most users do not know what settings the real life airline uses. Nothing wrong with doing the research yourself, but with all the attention to detail that PMDG has demonstrated so far for this project, it would be icing on the cake for such intricate settings to be connected to the specific repaint/model in question automatically. As you may know, that "other" FSX 737 NG has each airline load with the appropriate engine rating, cockpit display settings and other customer specific settings loaded with the repaint, and it would be great if PMDG offers such functionality.

Like they say here on the Interwebs....Google is your friend, (actually, GoogleMAPS). Check out the Seattle area in Googlemaps and you will see the 737s at Renton and Boeing Field, and the other boeings at KPAE. Nice!Regarding the lights, will PMDG offer "optional" settings for the Shockwave lights and Nick's Exhaust effects in their aircraft.cfg? Not a big deal, but it would be nice to at least have the Shockwave lights settings populated for those who do have that package.Also, with all the myriad options combinations out there for the hundreds of 737 customers, it would be nice to have a listing either in a readme file or built into the repaint installer or PMDG options module that accurately matches the appropriate airline option to the airline. Otherwise one will have to do their own research from cockpit shots at airliners.net, etc. For instance the MD-11 has specific glass display settings, T/O dial a flap settings, and SOP descent speeds and cost indexes that can be adjusted to match the airline being simulated, but the problem here is that most users do not know what settings the real life airline uses. Nothing wrong with doing the research yourself, but with all the attention to detail that PMDG has demonstrated so far for this project, it would be icing on the cake for such intricate settings to be connected to the specific repaint/model in question automatically. As you may know, that "other" FSX 737 NG has each airline load with the appropriate engine rating, cockpit display settings and other customer specific settings loaded with the repaint, and it would be great if PMDG offers such functionality.
They've already stated they will have airline option sets. As far as the Shockwave lights go... I'm betting once people see what PMDG has done with the lighting, they won't care about having Shockwave lights.

Alright, I'll let you in on the secret now - this is subtle, but it took a hell of a lot work to accomplish and we're very proud of Vin and Alex for making it happen:The information projected on the HGS actually sits in space in front of the cockpit geometry like the wiper blade, glareshield etc, yet it still maintains it's optical collimation and conformal properties. This has never been done before to our knowledge and it took more work to do than you'll ever know. You can see that part of it is sitting in front of the wiper blade in the last shot of the original post in this thread. We'll have a new HGS video showing it off a bit better in the future.
It actually has been done before. About 2 years ago. But that's another dinner.

They've already stated they will have airline option sets. As far as the Shockwave lights go... I'm betting once people see what PMDG has done with the lighting, they won't care about having Shockwave lights.
Great news. You are correct about the shockwave settings, if they enable volumetric landing lights like that Lotus jet no point in using the Shockwave! I wonder if rain drops will be in the VC, like the JS4100. Even if Microsoft Flight is released this summer, I wonder if people will be so engrossed in the NGX and FSX that it won't even matter, at least until PMDG a/c or other high quality addons are developed for the new platform. I'm sure we will then be able to sympathize with the FS9 lifers who refused to transition to FSX when it was first released in 2006, I know I didn't move to FSX until the PMDG 747X was released!