Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

The failure system has been discussed several times and I was wondering whether you guys were still going to have every system more likely to fail overtime due to wear and lack of maintenance.

Kinda confirms a few fears i had,, I do go for a complex addon, but not so much that most of the hidden features, we wouldnt use, until we reallly really searched for them.. Also with a possibility of 2 products, proves a very expensive prospect, but we can only wait, i guess :/.Thank you for the update, and also being quick to respond to people's question!! :),, i hope the fps are still the best out there, compared to previous versions.
Why would that be a problem if there are not-so-obvious features and things like that to discover? I don't understand why that's a "fear" - how does that affect you in any way?
I have a question, and Ryan I think you answered it a while back, but there are already so many pages! First off, such Beautiful work from all of you at PMDG! My question deals with this image below. I noticed on the side of the engine Nacelle, that there are reflections of clouds, however, from the actual jet you would most likely not see anything, or at least a reflection of the aircraft itself. Can this be implemented or is it an FSX issue? I tried finding a good picture online to show what I mean, and even found a video taken on a AA738 at MIA, clear day... from the video I really can't see any reflection of anything on the inside of the starboard nacelle.
I'm not sure that's what you're actually seeing there - it may just be how the FSX engine decides it's going to reflect stuff off that part of the plane. I don't think there's actually clouds there. Environment mapping, specular mapping, etc is nowhere near as advanced in FSX as it is in other game engines - it's not actually doing a live reflection of the world - it just sorta makes stuff up when it wants to.
One thing that i noticed on all of the screenshots... There is no shadow. Are there any reason for that?
To conserve FPS I guess... if you noticed, on the earlier shots the overall graphical settings of the entire world except the aircraft were rather low.
The shadows I just forgot to turn on - they're turned off by *******'s tweaking tool and yes, the "self shadowing" ones do hurt performance - that's true on any airplane, not just this one. I'm not sure why anyone thinks FPS would matter in making screenshots though - if anything I'd expect people to accuse us of cranking settings too high for screens, not turning them down... Robert had just rebuilt his FSX install before he took the original shots and a lot of stuff (autogen etc) was inadvertently turned off or very low. My shots (the second batch of shots we did) are the actual settings I fly the sim with. I'll do some with shadows on later though.
Will the NGX even have a 2D Cockpit?
Yes, we've said this a bunch of times.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Here is one that hasnt been put on the forum2sady7d.jpg
What scenery is that, Alex?

Would you all be so kind as to note the specs of the system these amazing screen shots were taken on?With all the extra stuff you are flying with, i.e., REX, Orbx, etc., I was just curious what Ryan's system looks like.Thanks very much.Tim 57 Rotunda
Im looking into getting that processor he has, my old 2.66GHz quad is starting to act strange when one core has an error and blue screens me every now and then, Almost had to buy a new screen when I got blue screened when landing In LAX after a 3 hr flight :biggrin:Ryan, what kind of FPS do you get with all of those things running?Ryan V
My specs are indeed in my signature, but PLEASE don't go buy the exact system I have - it is no longer top of the line and you can get much better now. I built it over a year ago, except for the video card. The CPU you want to get now is the Sandy Bridge i7 2500K or 2600K - the 8xx series i7s are totally outdated by the new CPUs that just came out. I'll tell you guys what - a few weeks before we release the NGX, I'll write a system buying/building guide that has my recommendations for what to get right at that moment in preparation for the release if you're looking to build a new system for it.
My only concern is whether they will put as much effort into the 777 as they are doing with the NGX. They've spent a VERY long time on the NGX and I understand that it was built from scratch but I do wonder whether they will take it easier on their 777.
The beauty of this project is that we're essentially building an all new framework for future products - the 777 will be easier and faster to do because of all the ground up from scratch work we've done on the NGX. There are no plans to hold anything back with the 777 - it will be made to the same level or (likely) better.
Dude, the first lot of preview pics were of the 2D panels, overhead and all
The first pics that were shown were 3ds Max renders of the VC model elements actually. Nothing 2D has been shown yet.
So, is the drogue and sensor plug used only for testing the prototype 73, or are they used for the test flights of every 737 prior to delivery?Travis Menard
They're used in initial testing and certification of new airplanes but we thought it was a cool touch, so we put it in - you can turn it on at any time through the FMC's PMDG Options menu - "Flight Test Package" is the option and it's on one of the Equipment pages.
How is explosive decompression modelled? I'm quite curious about that, what is there to model besides the decrease in pressure?
What RSR means is that the systems actually react realistically and dynamically to that scenario just like they would in the real world - you can run the actual QRH items for an explosive decompression and everything will look and work as it should at a fundamental level as far as the pneumatic system etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

HiFirst of all NICE WORK it look really nice, i have one question will it be possible to share cockpit?Thank you!

What scenery is that, Alex?
That's the amazing Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest - I'm departing KRNT (Renton, Washington - where NGs are built in real life) Runway 34 there.http://fullterrain.c...uct_nablue.htmlTo be clear here, Alex didn't take that shot, I did. (it came from our facebook page).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I think we all got more than we asked for blush.gif... And I love that you wrote 777"s" wub.gif

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The beauty of this project is that we're essentially building an all new framework for future products - the 777 will be easier and faster to do because of all the ground up from scratch work we've done on the NGX. There are no plans to hold anything back with the 777 - it will be made to the same level or (likely) b
Looking forward to the T7 /[NgX] !! Applause.gifApplause.gifKeep up the good work PMDG! Signed;

The drag penalty is likely extremely small - airlines wouldn't be doing this if it was costing them a ton in extra fuel. That would require creating an entirely different flight model anyway, I don't think we'll be doing that. The weight addition from it that Shane mentioned is probably possible though.
Ryan, Im able to provide exact data of our system if its going to be useful to you. PM me if I can be of help. And yeah, the drag penalty is almost non existant.

I think we all got more than we asked for blush.gif... And I love that you wrote 777"s" wub.gif
+1I agree. . Signed;

A reminder to the new people posting here - please read the forum rules first - you need to sign your real names to your posts. I'm starting to see more breaking of that rule and I don't want this thread heading off where the last one did.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Ahhh Ryan, a new pc buying/building guide aimed at FSX - exactly what I was thinking about today...thanks!!! I was about to ask ha ha
There's not much to ask: go with as fast Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU as You can afford :)

I'll tell you guys what - a few weeks before we release the NGX, I'll write a system buying/building guide that has my recommendations for what to get right at that moment in preparation for the release if you're looking to build a new system for it.
Brilliant news,Thanks Ryan!