Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

I'll tell you guys what - a few weeks before we release the NGX, I'll write a system buying/building guide that has my recommendations for what to get right at that moment in preparation for the release if you're looking to build a new system for it.
Thanks Ryan. It will be very helpful.
The beauty of this project is that we're essentially building an all new framework for future products - the 777 will be easier and faster to do because of all the ground up from scratch work we've done on the NGX. There are no plans to hold anything back with the 777 - it will be made to the same level or (likely) better.
Actually the 777 has a very noticeable feature the 737 don't. The EFB. How difficult should it be to create a EFB from scratch?

Matheus Mafra

I'm not sure what you're referring to here - I've never had this issue.
I think he means the creeping whenever the parking brake is set. This happens also with idle power sometimes, not only TOGA... for some aircraft at least. FSX bug that's been there forever I believe. FS98 certainly was a whole lot better in this regard.
The drag penalty is likely extremely small - airlines wouldn't be doing this if it was costing them a ton in extra fuel. That would require creating an entirely different flight model anyway, I don't think we'll be doing that. The weight addition from it that Shane mentioned is probably possible though.
The first thing I thought when I saw that antenna was, what a shame their new streamlined beacon will be quite useless with this big thing on the roof. :( I have no numbers but if such small changes like a changed wheel sealing and an improved beacon light structure saves fuel I woulda assumed such an antenna renders a certain measurable increase in fuel burn, obviously in a tiny range.
That's the amazing Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest - I'm departing KRNT (Renton, Washington - where NGs are built in real life) Runway 34 there.
Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I always thought B7X7s were built at BFI. Then which ones are built there, actually?sig.gif

Ryan, that one question about takeoff power with the parking brake set to park is i think referring to static run-ups. I think that person was talking about how in real life, you can set the parking brake and run the engine up to full power and the aircraft won't move vs. FS where you'll start to inch forward. They may be wondering if this is/was possible to fix with the NGX.On that note, I was wondering if you were able to find some sort of workaround for the ground friction model. I don't know how they did it but a certain MD-80 sim does taxi at idle power. You just need to give the throttles a slight bump to get rolling and then pull them back to idle. It also doesn't seem over powered to me. Unlike the turboprops, it won't accelerate out of control and have you doing 30kts down the taxiway at idle either. At higher weights you might need a little nudge of power here and there, especially in corners, but it looks to work brilliantly. Just curious...as always.

Wifi/Satcom antenna, yes - gets TV and internet for the in flight entertainment system.
Well since I'm in the process of getting a new TV and since the NGX seams to be so much detailed...I tought that maybe it would be wise to wait for it's release so I can watch my favourite channels in it.....? Hahahahaha!!!!David DD

Ryan, that one question about takeoff power with the parking brake set to park is i think referring to static run-ups. I think that person was talking about how in real life, you can set the parking brake and run the engine up to full power and the aircraft won't move vs. FS where you'll start to inch forward. They may be wondering if this is/was possible to fix with the NGX.On that note, I was wondering if you were able to find some sort of workaround for the ground friction model. I don't know how they did it but a certain MD-80 sim does taxi at idle power. You just need to give the throttles a slight bump to get rolling and then pull them back to idle. It also doesn't seem over powered to me. Unlike the turboprops, it won't accelerate out of control and have you doing 30kts down the taxiway at idle either. At higher weights you might need a little nudge of power here and there, especially in corners, but it looks to work brilliantly. Just curious...as always.
If they could work around the FSX ground friction model and make it as it is in real life (or close), I would be extremely pleased. Because eventhough its how the airplanes handle in the air that is the most important, it still is a bit of an immersion breaker to have to taxi around at 40+ % N1. (And damn hard :D)

There's not much to ask: go with as fast Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU as You can afford :)
True..but last time I built a PC I let someone else put it all together and choose the motherboard, I choose the rest, but with regards to the motherboard - I have NO idea.....Last time I built a PC by buying things purely on "highest price first" for individual components it was a disaster....not to mention the tesco 9p noodles I had to eat for dinner every night in the wake...nearly killed me - was worse than training!haha..I guess I just need an experts second opinion + and don't know what Sandy Gate is..:(

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I always thought B7X7s were built at BFI. Then which ones are built there, actually?
I might be wrong here, but I think PAE is where the other B7X7 planes are built. I believe BFI is where flight testing is done.

I might be wrong here, but I think PAE is where the other B7X7 planes are built. I believe BFI is where flight testing is done.
Yes, the 747, 767, 777, and 787 are currently assembled in PAE. The 737 is the only one built at RNT. BFI is where all the final prep work is performed to 737's before delivery to their respective owners and all flight testing.

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I always thought B7X7s were built at BFI. Then which ones are built there, actually?
Nothing is built at BFI - that's where they do flight testing and delivery prep on the NGs. The other larger planes are made and tested at KPAE in Everett.
True..but last time I built a PC I let someone else put it all together and choose the motherboard, I choose the rest, but with regards to the motherboard - I have NO idea.....Last time I built a PC by buying things purely on "highest price first" for individual components it was a disaster....not to mention the tesco 9p noodles I had to eat for dinner every night in the wake...nearly killed me - was worse than training!haha..I guess I just need an experts second opinion + and don't know what Sandy Gate is..:(
Buying the highest priced componets is silly, I agree - you want to go for the best value for your money. There's seriously diminishing returns as you get toward the high end of Intel's CPU range or the high end of the video card range etc. The $300 i7 2600K can do 95% of what the $1000+ i7 980X can. Doesn't make much sense to me to spend $700+ extra to get 5% more out of the CPU.Motherboards are fairly easy if you read the hardware sites and just understand what all the options on them are. There's really only a few brands that are the top tier - Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, and EVGA basically. The chipset is the important thing - these new chips use the Intel P67 chipset. "Sandy Bridge" is just Intel's code name for this generation of processors - the i7 9xx are "Bloomfield" chips, the 8xx are "Lynnfield", the 980X hex-core chip is a "Gulftown" core and so on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Buying the highest priced componets is silly, I agree - you want to go for the best value for your money. There's seriously diminishing returns as you get toward the high end of Intel's CPU range or the high end of the video card range etc. The $300 i7 2600K can do 95% of what the $1000+ i7 980X can. Doesn't make much sense to me to spend $700+ extra to get 5% more out of the CPU.Motherboards are fairly easy if you read the hardware sites and just understand what all the options on them are. There's really only a few brands that are the top tier - Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, and EVGA basically. The chipset is the important thing - these new chips use the Intel P67 chipset. "Sandy Bridge" is just Intel's code name for this generation of processors - the i7 9xx are "Bloomfield" chips, the 8xx are "Lynnfield", the 980X hex-core chip is a "Gulftown" core and so on.
I'll look into it and also look forward to your guide!Thanks for taking the time to give me some help! HA - Just realised I called it Sandy Gate...NO idea where I got that from...I think the house down the road from me is called Sandy Gate..I really don't know, but I'm glad you knew what I meant - I'm a tee eye tee haha..

Hello First of all Nice work it looks really good!Will it be able to share cockpit?Thank you!Dusan Pavlovic

I will ask Armen about this - it might be possible to have a sound.cfg that does this. No guarantees though and we won't do it unless it's extremely easy to do - we're not making a passenger simulator here and we're not going to put a ton of work into such applications of the airplane.
Okay, that is more than fair, I was just wondering if it was possible, even if you add the sound.cfg into a seperate file and let us do it (if it is extremely easy) than that will be fine, thank you for your time :) Suraj Hussain

I think he means the creeping whenever the parking brake is set. This happens also with idle power sometimes, not only TOGA... for some aircraft at least. FSX bug that's been there forever I believe. FS98 certainly was a whole lot better in this regard.
Exactly, this is how i often make an engine runup in real life (technicians arent alowed to fly, but are allowed to beat the engines ;) ), allso its a way that in some cold countries you check your engines to make sure theres no ice inside the engine that will make you have an engine fault, or to just clear the engine for anti ice fluid in case some got into the engine (hint it makes the air taste sweet)

Air New Zealand use 737's but I believe they are -300 and -400 aircraft, not NG's.oh and Orbx make Brilliant Australian Scenery. especially Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Cairns.
Air New Zealand only have the 737-300. The 737-400 are from Qantas Jetconnect which is a different company I think but they have ZK - XXX rego's on them just like Air NZ.Orbx are also making New Zealand. NZ South should be released sometime this year and maybe Queenstown airport. Then North Island the next or whenever. Can't wait to fly the 737-800 into Queenstown. The new screenshots are truly amazing and shows how PMDG have worked on the NGX! :D

Is there an Application for painters? I would like to paint some liveries! (Including the S.I Swimsuit :D) -Chris