Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Oh yeah... The 2D is the only thing they don't talk about and don't show any picture. That is really going to be a great day, for us at least.
Dude, the first lot of preview pics were of the 2D panels, overhead and all

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Dude, the first lot of preview pics were of the 2D panels, overhead and all
Oh yeah!!! You know, it's been so(ooo) much time since those old previews that I completely forgot them. My mistake.

Matheus Mafra

No pictures of the 2D panels have been shown. Those pictures were actually of the VC. But enough talk of the 2D cockpit, let's not ruin the exterior-update thread. By the way, GREAT job on the bird exterior. It really looks, looks like a dream! The new features are amazing (like the ground generators). Glorious!Rob Belach

Can we get night shots soon?ThanksIan Besemer
That would be awesome! I can't wait to see the landing lights.

Why wouldn't it be allowed? People, there is no need to walk on eggshells, as if in fear that anything you say or do runs the risk of committing some horrible faux pas that will result in you being forever banished from this community :)
Thomas et al,Thomas is partially correct here. You can link to videos, etc... The only thing you'll see us get grumpy about is the posting of material that is the copyrighted property of someone else that is obviously being distributed outside of the copyright holder's restrictions.Example: Jeppesen specifically restricts the display of it's approach charts on public websites. Boeing does not make it's aircraft manuals available free on the internet, etc. Since Boeing and it's subsidiary, Jeppesen have a history of taking legal action against those who break their copyright- we are VERY firm about not allowing it here...But videos and other items that are obviously available for online use are fine...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I am admired by this screenshots ! Just Happiness ! :( :(

My only concern is whether they will put as much effort into the 777 as they are doing with the NGX. They've spent a VERY long time on the NGX and I understand that it was built from scratch but I do wonder whether they will take it easier on their 777.
It's already out the 777 http://www.avsim.com/pages/0901/pmdg_fly_777/pmdg_fly_777.htmlDidn't you know? Sorry, had to make a harmless joke, because I couldn't pass it up.. :( :( :( B) B) Ricardo de Paula

robert or ryan,iam currently crusing in the md11 over europe with about 35-70fpsyou stated more than once that the ngx performs like or better than the md11. i would like to know if the 737 is running on the highest setting. it must be truly amazing to see how well a good written code does allow an aircraft to run in fsx smoothly which such a high resolution graphic / cockpit and airframe.thank youmichaelknittl

Guest C4N

I am really looking forward to the night shots and seeing what the lights will look like! :( :(

This all looks excellent!Just one thing, it may have been mentioned in the last ~20 or so pages but if people think that the 737 terrain radar is the first implementation in FSX ever they are sorely mistaken...Digital Aviation's Cheyenne has a fully functional radar that does correctly display terrain in both MAP and WX modes...does hurt the frames a bit though :(!But beyond that this all looks very promising. I was on the fence about getting the PMDG 737 but it looks like i'll just have to find the money! Everything looks excellent..Quick question though, I hope some of all these uber-details can be scaled back a bit? Ala J41's configuration...If one can run the high-res J41 cockpit at a good 20-30ish frames can we expect similar in the 737's office?Looks good!Patrick H

This all looks excellent!Just one thing, it may have been mentioned in the last ~20 or so pages but if people think that the 737 terrain radar is the first implementation in FSX ever they are sorely mistaken...
First off, I know this sounds nitpicky but can we please try to stop calling the EGPWS "terrain radar"? That isn't what it is - the display loads from an onboard database, similar to how a car GPS unit loads it's maps for instance. The terrain display does update with a "sweep" similar to how a weather radar looks, but that's just the way the display unit works, it's not actually scanning the ground with a beam or anything like that.
Just for the records :(.

Matheus Mafra