Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Awesome, the detail in the pressurization system sounds incredible.If you guys don't mind, I have a somewhat irrelevant question: PMDG's logo strikes me as a fairly nice bit of graphic design, how exactly did it come about, what is it intended to depict, if anything?
It's actually a more stylized version of our old logo, which was like what's at the top of this box here - the swirl is supposed to represent an engine.l_pmdg737ng.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Very nice update! Will we see more this Weekend? I also looked up at the work from Orbx - Sad that they don't have Anything for europeanflyers

Ryan,Are you at liberty to discuss the situation of the landing lights yet, as far as if the NGX will have the Lotus L-39 style landing lights?Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Captains-Okay- as promised here is another preview image selection showing the same airplane, the 737-800 with winglets during test flying out of KRNT...On final at the end of another flight test... Each one brings the airplane closer to completion.One detail that you can ALMOST see in this image if you lean in really close to the screen, is the cabin outflow valve... Like just about everything else on the airplane, we have put an exhaustive amount of effort into simulating the outflow valve behavior. The pressurization model in the NGX is about as realistic as any yet seen in the FS world. Pressurization on this airplane is not done by simply "fudging some numbers" so things look like they are operating... We have a full simulation that takes into account the volumetrics of the fuselage, the amount of air added to the fuselage, the expected air volume leak rate based on current differential pressure, and of course the outflow volume rate at the valve. All of this information is used to compute cabin temperature change rates, air volume inside the cabin and the resultant pressure level, and its impact on secondary factors such as the natural leak rates around the door seals. As you climb and descend, the outflow valve moves to modulate the amount of air allowed to escape the cabin, thus resulting in realistic pressure changes that are indicated on the pressurization gauges in the cockpit...This allows us to accurately simulate the entire pressurization cycle, including explosive decompression for those who are so inclined... We are even able to correctly simulate a ground static leak check on the airframe precisely as called for in the aircraft acceptance guidelines. Pretty cool, eh?The "internal PMDG humor" on this particular system is that 99% of you will never touch it beyond setting your cruise/landing altitudes... yet it will soldier on, working perfectly for thousands of flights... just as it should be!You folks are going to love this airplane... The complexity is there for people who want to use it- but she remains a marvelously well balanced and true flying airplane.
Dear PDMG, you're really sick, aren't you? That's just an insane level of detail you used there in your 737. I mean, really i'm never going to see those animations under the wings you have build in while i'm approaching, but you still have build them just for reallaty while flying. Do you know that FSX is still just a simulator? It isn't a real airplane you are building there! :( :( Have you ever thought about opening an real aircraft manufacturing company? With all of the things you have build in in the 737 you could truely build an real airplane! What i want to say all in all: Thank you so much for making such incredible simulations for us homeflying guys, they are just (ehh well how should i say this now^^) let's say great (I can't imagine the right word for that ;) ) :( B) B)

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Guest dlrk
It's actually a more stylized version of our old logo, which was like what's at the top of this box here - the swirl is supposed to represent an engine.
Cool, thanks.

I will be doing a soutwest airlines flight # 546 from KONT-KSJC. Hope this gets released before Feb 11 because that is when i fly next. man i love southwest airlines(but not as much as a girlfriend).Ian Besemer
LOL "(but not as much as a girlfriend)." thats funny Big%20Grin.gif

You guys mentioned the missing satellite antenna options in your screenshots.Are we talking Westjet/Jetblue style Live TV antenna? Or SWA style Wi-Fi?
The SWA wifi dome is quite different - here it is, photographed by yours truly before I boarded this airplane PHX-BWI a few months ago:
Im aware of the difference, and not to nit pick at all, but that never answered my original question. Looking really really really really good guys.

Ryan,Are you at liberty to discuss the situation of the landing lights yet, as far as if the NGX will have the Lotus L-39 style landing lights?Sean Campbell
We'll show the lights soon. Seriously though, with what you've seen here do you really think we'd put default lights in? tongue.gif

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Im aware of the difference, and not to nit pick at all, but that never answered my original question. Looking really really really really good guys.
Shane, The antenna humps on top of the fuselage like Westjet has are modeled in the same style as Westjet's and there are several other operators that use the same style dome. SWA on the other hand is a slightly different style, its much taller height wise and will also be modeled too, for the -700 series. Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Excellent!Thanks for taking the time to answer that Jason. I was always curious if PMDG would model this or not. Interesting side note- When we (WJA) installed this system for the first time, It took over a year for transport canada to certify it. Way too much aerodyamic testing and red tape.The level of customizable options is truly amazing.Brings up another question, When the Sat TV is selected in game, does the OEW of the selected models change with these TV systems? I know our live TV systems increases the OEW by approx 1000lbs.

nothing 737ngx related, but i just found this video of an rynair 737

maybe you will like an extra if the pushbackvehice is out of order :) best regards, michaelknittl

These new shots of the exterior and all of them for that matter are far beyond what i (and i suspect a whole lot of others) expected. We knew it was going to be outstanding quality but youve gone beyond that. Great effort to the whole team your hard work is admired and going to be used to its fullest no doubt.

One Quick question... Will the NGX Be sold all together (600,700,800,900) or will it be like the Previous NG... (600,700) and (800,900)? Thanks.
Chris-We'll publish more information on this shortly. We are just mapping out the final details of pricing, parts, etc... We've had to alter our original release plan in order to be able to amp up the details and also keep the entire kit reasonably affordable. I think most folks will be pretty happy with pricing, etc when we roll that out to you.(There will be those that won't be happy even if we made the whole thing freeware... but you know how it is... :( )

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com