Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

just wondering, but could you maybe make a seperate plane where the sounds are all just interior sounds so that we could have the wing view with VC sounds. I'm not a developer but just thought this might be possible, but I could be wrong :S Just mentioning this, because I for one would not mind at all if you didn't have exterior sounds for one of the planes, because me personally, I fly with cockpit view, and wing view, so I would not miss the external sounds. Sorry if that seems a bit incoherent, but its 0400hrs here :Pkind regards,Suraj Hussain
I am no developer either:(My two cents on the subject,I have been able to remove the external sound files and replace the external sound files with the corresponding internal sound files using the correct (or as close as I can get the corresponding internal sound file, like spool etc etc) with certain sound sets. sometimes a few mods to the sound change file too. This works sometimes, but sometimes the external and internal sound sets differ too much that it does not work that well at all. Wind noise etc sometimes is an issue as it is not coded not work as an external sound in the sim as well as certain air con VC noises as they are coded for the VC only. I have a way around a few of those. It would be cool if there was a way to remove the horrid external noise on wingviews as it sounds just plain wierd when you cylce from cockpit to wing views.They would have to offer a 'friendly' sound set or sound files that maybe we as users can modify slightly to achieve this as we would be sacrificing the real external sound set to achieve a wing view internal sound, seems possible just depends on the sound set I guess and if pmdg feels they want to offer some support. There appears to be tons TONS of groundbreaking stuff they are doing, which has been lovely btw to see come to life, so not sure if this is anything they would look at right now considering all of the other stuff:) I think there are quite a few peolpe who would like this, and I know it is possible, but certain people use Tower and Spot views, who may want the real external sounds. I think it could be down to use users to customize, but again it depends on the sound set if it is possible. I would be that happiest simmer alive if I can have the vc sound with those new awesome wing views we are seeinng from PMDG over the last few days:)) It would be a new sim for me:) :(

Simon

The pictures are fantastic and while I realise that the focus is on getting this product finished and released, could we possibly ask for a video or two on youtube showing the VC as well as the external animations of this aircraft?

About a month ago, I remember thinking: "Hah, I see no reason to get the PMDG 737NGX. Why would I? It's FSX only, I mainly fly airliners in FS2004 anyway, and the iFly seems good enough for me".Now I'm not so sure. It seems I was wildly mistaken with regards to the extent to which this plane is simulated. It is far more accurate, far more advanced than I could have thought, even in my wildest dreams. For all I can see, this seems to be the most advanced plane in FSX that can be ever produced. It seems as if no plane can get any more simulated than this. But you know what the beauty about PMDG is? You guys always surprise us with every subsequent release. It's never "more of the same". There's always improvement in at least one area. We've seen it with the original 737, then the 747 which had better visuals, than the MD-11 with better systems, the J41 with its great visuals, and now the 737NGX. It's amazing. So many companies tend to stay on the same level for a long time, but you guys have innovations with each subsequent release. And they are not just innovations like "we modeled an extra NAV radio! Hurray!". No, you guys go far and beyond that. You guys go as far as you think you can for that release. It's amazing.I've really started considering whether or not to buy this plane... It all comes down to performance in the end. Because the rest is perfect.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Gratuitous Wing View...NGX_External_Preview_021.jpg
Stunning work, and the best I've seen:):(

Simon

We'll show the lights soon. Seriously though, with what you've seen here do you really think we'd put default lights in? tongue.gif
LOL, well I didn't think so considering the extent to which this plane has been modeled so far, but thought I would ask anyway. Guess you pretty much answered my question.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok guys,here is a little video (it is a link to flightlevel350.com, I hope it is allowed to post it here?) about a Transavia 737-800 being overhauled.The C-check is done in Praque.http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Boeing_737-800-Airline_Transavia_Airlines_Aviation_Video-5644.htmlEnjoy!Regards,Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)

About a month ago, I remember thinking: "Hah, I see no reason to get the PMDG 737NGX. Why would I? It's FSX only, I mainly fly airliners in FS2004 anyway, and the iFly seems good enough for me".Now I'm not so sure. It seems I was wildly mistaken with regards to the extent to which this plane is simulated. It is far more accurate, far more advanced than I could have thought, even in my wildest dreams. For all I can see, this seems to be the most advanced plane in FSX that can be ever produced. It seems as if no plane can get any more simulated than this. But you know what the beauty about PMDG is? You guys always surprise us with every subsequent release. It's never "more of the same". There's always improvement in at least one area. We've seen it with the original 737, then the 747 which had better visuals, than the MD-11 with better systems, the J41 with its great visuals, and now the 737NGX. It's amazing. So many companies tend to stay on the same level for a long time, but you guys have innovations with each subsequent release. And they are not just innovations like "we modeled an extra NAV radio! Hurray!". No, you guys go far and beyond that. You guys go as far as you think you can for that release. It's amazing.I've really started considering whether or not to buy this plane... It all comes down to performance in the end. Because the rest is perfect.
You know Benjamin, not that this is pointed at you, but it seems a lot of people who remain on FS2004 to fly airliners do so for that fact that they get great performance, which is understandable if you have an older rig that just wont cut FSX at medium to high settings. However, in the same sentance, 99% of the time the same guys always throw in the term "I can run FS9 with 100% AI which is very important". Which in the end seems that for a lot of people who like to fly airliners in FS2004 do so mainly cause they like a boat load of AI.That being said, if you have an older rig and turn down the scenery complexity sliders in FSX, it will perform much like FS9, not to mention lowering your AI settings or using a product like UT2 which doesn't rely on bgl based traffic and is general more FPS friendly due to the way it injects traffic vs. having non flying a/c sitting around the airport.The point being, would you rather fly in FSX with an airliner like the HGX because you want to simulate flying what is probably the most accurate airliners ever made, or would you be happier in FS9 with a 737 that is less complex but you can have loads of AI and every slider cranked to the max. Frankly, sometimes I feel that FS9 airline flyers are more concerned with looking at and spotting traffic, than they are with actually flying. Not that there is anything wrong with that and I understand that having a good amount of AI around the airport and gates makes it seem more immersive of an experience, but none the less it just comes down to what is more important to you.I'll say this as well, if you look at the rig in my sig, which is pretty old by today standards, and the a/c that I use, which is mainly the PMDG 747 and LDS 767 for 95% of my flying, I can still manage to get into hubs like FSDT's large airports with 100% UT2 traffic, and scenery complexity set either a notch or two from the top depending on where I am flying into and still manage FPS greater than 25 most of the time. If your rig is at least as good as mine or better and you have it adn FSX set up properly you should have no problem. You could always get the NGX and if your still not satisfied with you performance, then the most you'll be out is the price of the NGX and that most certainly wont bankrupt you since it probably wont be more than $80, or at least you'll have it if you ever plan on upgrading your rig.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok guys,here is a little video (it is a link to flightlevel350.com, I hope it is allowed to post it here?) about a Transavia 737-800 being overhauled.The C-check is done in Praque.http://www.flightlev...Video-5644.htmlEnjoy!Regards,Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)
Why wouldn't it be allowed? People, there is no need to walk on eggshells, as if in fear that anything you say or do runs the risk of committing some horrible faux pas that will result in you being forever banished from this community :)PS: Oh and great video btw, thanks for posting! There are some really nice close-ups in there.

It's actually a more stylized version of our old logo, which was like what's at the top of this box here - the swirl is supposed to represent an engine.
I have an opinion regarding your logo presentation in the videos. I also love your logo, it's very nice, but there's a thing I thought that would be very cool to put in the videos. In the logo presentation just in the begining of the video, we see a cloudy sky with clouds moving fast. I thought: well, the logo is representing an engine, so why couldn't they make a short movie of an engine spinning and slowly fade their logo in? That would be really cool! I presume that the next one will be about the 737, so why don't you try to get a video of a 737 engine to start the new vid?PS.:For those who will say I'm intruding in your business, and even for PMDG itself, it's just a opinion!

Matheus Mafra

German people says Geil Geil Geil <<< Hot :( I love this Bird where is the cable for the Matrix ??thanks PMDG thanks this Bird make the FSX beutiful and ORBX MAM, REX 2.0 , FSopen, SimWings !ps.Can someone tell me what B737NG operate in australia (Qantas , VirginBlue) its clear are any cheeper airlines frome new zealand or any ???? Thanksbest regardsChrisand Ps. the best airports in Germany are Munich and Dortmund

ok, let me say I do have concern about stuff herenow, let me preface it by saying, yes I'm going to buy it, yes it looks freakin' fantasticbut what I'm concerned about, is, ... and I know everyone has there own flying style. I for one fly it from the vc and only the vc the whole flight.. so what concerns me is having the detail of the jackscrew in the flaps, I mean, isn't this going to cost me frames? and shouldn't this kind of detail be left out? or do you have a way of "hiding" it if I'm not looking at it?

Ciao!

but what I'm concerned about, is, ... and I know everyone has there own flying style. I for one fly it from the vc and only the vc the whole flight.. so what concerns me is having the detail of the jackscrew in the flaps, I mean, isn't this going to cost me frames? and shouldn't this kind of detail be left out? or do you have a way of "hiding" it if I'm not looking at it?
I might be totally wrong here, but when you are in the VC - since PMDG don't model a virtual cabin and wing views, the jackscrews in the wings won't load until you are in spot view, and then the VC doesn't get loaded, so it only loads a thing at a time, if you see what I mean.Also, they have previously stated that they have better FPS in the NGX then the MD11, so I for one am not concerned. :)

I might be totally wrong here, but when you are in the VC - since PMDG don't model a virtual cabin and wing views, the jackscrews in the wings won't load until you are in spot view, and then the VC doesn't get loaded, so it only loads a thing at a time, if you see what I mean.Also, they have previously stated that they have better FPS in the NGX then the MD11, so I for one am not concerned. :)
Actually, because a pilot can see the wing from the cockpit, they modeled the wing in VC, but as you said, it's not so detailed as in spot view. Probably there'll be only simple animations, such as slats, flaps, spoilers and some lights like NAV lights and strobes and maybe some wingflex. I'm not concerned about that either.

Matheus Mafra